“Only going concern”

blue ridge restaurant
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Floyd
Reviewed June 20, 2013

There are not a lot of breakfast places to eat in Floyd. They pretty much have the market cornered in this concern. The food was fine, prices ok, service fair.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in here a few years ago and had a rather dismal meal, and then just recently was invited here by a friend. I only had a salad, which was pretty good. So, I thought I would try this place again. This time, I was pointedly ignored by both waitresses while they both waited on the table next to me. I ate my salad (which wasn't bad, but not as good as the last time), and I thought I would get a piece of pie. However, now the waitresses have not even attempted to refill my drink or wait on me for at least a half hour, so I'm going to leave with no pie. This will be the last time I eat here.

1  Thank Tangwystel
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was a simple family restaurant. I ordered the ham and cheese scramble plate which came out as an omlette but it was still good. Came with a hot cake (good) and hash brown patty (kind of like McDonalds). My husband had eggs and ham and he asked for home fries which were basically homemade potato chips. Not really breakfast material. It was average.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We enjoyed two breakfasts and one supper at the Blue Ridge Restaurant while in Floyd. The breakfasts were hearty and filling, and the supper was really good too. We arrived just as they were about to close for supper, but the waitress was gracious and friendly and we had a great meal.

1  Thank pattic777
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Two friends and I had lunch here yesterday. We ordered a variety of items and were amazed by the incredibly good prices!

One friend had the BBQ sandwich, which was $3! I had the lunch special of the day, chicken pan pie (!!!), and my other friend had the country ham.

We Texas girls were perplexed by some of the items on the menu (e.g. harvard beets), and when we asked the waitress whether they were fresh or pickled beets, she over enunciated the word "harvard" like we had trouble hearing instead of a lack of knowledge about what they were. Same with the ham. My friend ended up ordering the country ham and it was SO SALTY that she could barely eat it. We now understand what country ham is -- salt cured.

We were excited to have cornbread with our lunch, but were disappointed in dry, corn muffins served room temperature (we are used to hot, crispy-on-the-outside, soft-on-the-inside, sweet cornbread).

The food was simple fare, but good, served nice and hot, and in ample portions.

1  Thank WednesdayNightGirl

Been to blue ridge restaurant? Share your experiences!