“Seems to be a fine place for breakfast.”

blue ridge restaurant
Ranked #8 of 27 Restaurants in Floyd
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was back in Floyd after a 2-year hiatus. Of course I returned to the Blue Ridge for breakfast and this time tried an omelet (could have been a scramble if I'd wanted it that way) involving eggs, jalapenos, bacon and cheese...along with sliced and fried potatoes, rye toast and coffee. Nothing seemed to have changed much with the passage of two years: I was served by the same waitress, the customers (other than me) seemed to be local folks, but the food was mighty good. I wasn't looking for fancy, and fancy was not here.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The Blue Ridge Restaurant is in the heart of downtown Floyd (across from the court house) Within walking distance of all the visitor attractions. The service was good, the menu was a combination of sandwiches and also plate lunches with daily specials. We had lunch so it was a sandwich and fries with some yummy homemade desserts. It may be a bit overpriced, but it is good food in an area of town that has only a couple other options....so...we feel it was worth it to have a good "sit down" meal. We would eat there again I'm sure!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had a good country breakfast here. The grits were perfect and it came with a large portion of country ham.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

a good place for a quick basic meal. Food is good, really enjoyed the potato cakes. Being a vegetarian, was very glad to find vegetables not soaked in pork fat. My husband had the steak, which he said wasn't that good. Service was good, they are friendly and seem to really try to please.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Located directly across the street from the Floyd County Courthouse, the Blue Ridge Restaurant doesn't look like much on either the inside or the outside. A glance at the menu is unlikely to impress, either. However, the service is excellent. Most importantly, the food is better. These are simple, standard dishes, but they are prepared with care. On a recent trip to Floyd, I ate there three times for breakfast. I may risk discrediting my own review by writing this, but I couldn't help but notice that the waitresses were very pretty, too. Appearances aside, the service was spot-on. Don't miss this little gem.