“Welcoming Environment, Great Food!”
Review of Tuggles Gap Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Floyd
Tuggles Gap Motel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Floyd
Reviewed August 4, 2013

After this year's Floydfest my boyfriend and I were in need of belly filling food and a warm happy environment. Tuggles Gap provided just that!!! My boyfriend had some of the most amazing homemade tomato soup I have ever tasted and my breakfast burrito was absolutely delicious. Our waitress told us everything on the menu is homemade, which was obvious, and the whole place was filled with friendly locals and happy people. Nothing fancy, but a must go if you're in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily D

Reviewed July 6, 2013

One would assume in this day and time that hotels have air conditioning. Don't assume. This hotel has no air conditioning and the water has a strong iron/sulpher smell and taste. Our room had a musty smell, the windows wouldn't open and there wasn't even a ceiling fan. The bed was awful - hard and very squeaky. The sheets were clean but the towels are small and scratchy. We will not stay here again. If you do stay here, take bottled water to drink and to brush your teeth. This hotel has a nice location but needs major updates.

Room Tip: Go the extra 8 miles into Floyd for a place to stay off the Blue Ridge Parkway.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ginspice
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Empty beer bottles on the table outside my room. No Internet. Electrical outlets don't accept a ground plug. Don''t know what was in the toilet. Water was sulphinated so after I took a shower, I smelled like a burnt match all day. Didn't know they could make mattresses that thin. Other than that, a wonderful experience for $56.10 a night.

Room Tip: Stay in Blacksburg
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Larry L
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I along with another couple did an "end to end" of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Tuggles Gap was a stop for breakfast one morning south bound. The food and service was so awesome and the motel from outside looks "quaint" so the woman decided they wanted to stay here on the way back north.

I've never seen room like the two rooms we rented ... never! The showers in both rooms were so gross, they had huge amounts of mold on walls, shower foor and bathroom floor. On top of the mold everything was redish brown color from ????? We tried to see about getting another room but everything was booked for the weekend (lots of activities going on in the area). We were stuck staying here because we were on motorcycles and it was dark nothing avail within an hour! Had we been traveling by car/truck I would have left. Nobody took a shower in the morning and I even skipped brushing my teeth because of the smell in the water.

I would stop again at the diner but would never plan to stay in the rooms ...

Room Tip: I was told they are doing upgrades, ask to see your room before you pay or check in
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank 1V-MAN1
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. It was great!! The room was not fancy, but clean. The bed was comfy--true there was no a/c but the heat worked well. No tv- but we didn't need it!! We made new friends, hung out @ the restaurant and ate and laughed and had great time. The food was a bonus and beer was cold. The weather wasn't the greatest but we made the best of it. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. June--you are the best!! See ya again next year!!!

Room Tip: 4 rooms up on hill by themselves!! rooms close to restaurant are busier. It is beside a road so the...
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I had stayed here once before and I hated it. He told me they had remodeled and it was much more improved. WRONG!! The toilet was stained, the shower was stained with the mud that was in the water, so why would you want to shower in that? I understand it's the time of year for stink bugs, but my goodness people, you own a hotel, find out what you can do to prevent them. Our room was loaded with stink bugs, ear wigs and spiders. We didn't sleep all night and were afraid to sleep in our pjs (so we slept in our clothes and put our coats on and pulled our socks over our pant legs to prevent anything crawling in our clothing) or keep the suit case in the room overnight for fear of bringing something home. We pulled the covers back and there were stink bugs in the bed, ear wigs in the shower and behind the headboards of the beds peeping out at us. The shower also had spiders all in it. I would not recommend this place to anyone unless you live like that at home.

1  Thank joy k
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Just off the Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 165. Didn't stay at the motel, but the restaurant is wonderful. A real old-timey roadside restaurant with lots of character, good food and excellent and friendly service. Unique in today's "trendy, trying too hard to impress" or fast food joints. We love this place. The best stop on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

1  Thank salandrich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Floyd
Oak Haven Lodge
#1 of 4 in Floyd
The Virginian Motel
The Virginian Motel
#1 of 1 in Stuart

Been to Tuggles Gap Motel? Share your experiences!