“Great food, beautiful views”
Review of Chateau Morrisette

Chateau Morrisette
Reserve with OpenTable
Chateau Morrisette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 24 Restaurants in Floyd
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Black Ridge Road
Description: Chateau Morrisette offers fine dining in a casual setting. Located along the Blue Ridge Parkway in Floyd County, Virginia, Chateau Morrisette sits at 3500 feet with spectacular views of the valley below. Chef Cooper Brunk creates authentic Appalachian-French fusion cuisine designed to pair with the wide assortment of wines produced in our cellar. Guest favorites include Our Dog Blue paired with Bacon-wrapped Shrimp with Grits, herb crusted sirloin with Petit Verdot, lamb paired with Chambourcin, and our Chateau Filet paired with Merlot. Vegetarians enjoy a variety of dishes as well. With two estate gardens, Chateau Morrisette provides seasonal offerings to insure quality and freshness. Guest may dine by the fire in the colder months or outside on our terrace in the warmer months. And of course, a visit to Chateau Morrisette is not complete without a stop in our Tasting Room for a sampling of our wines and a little shopping for unique gifts and accessories.
“Great food, beautiful views”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

My wife and I visited the Chateau Morrisette winery and restaurant while celebrating our anniversary. The restaurant staff was very courteous and went out of their way to make sure our needs were met, including making sure our dog had plenty of fresh water. The food and wine were delicious and made for a very nice lunch. The views of the Blue Ridge mountains are stunning from the balcony and really made lunch very enjoyable.

Danville, Virginia
“Great meal”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We have eaten lunch at this restaurant many times and are never disappointed. The restaurant is a part of a winery located on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Floyd, Virginia. The facility is very pretty with lots of flowers and herbs planted on the grounds. There is also an outdoor dining area that overlooks the mountains, our favorite place to dine. I recently ordered their shrimp and grits meal, which was divine. My husband ordered a chicken meal, which he enjoyed very much. It is nice to order a bottle of wine and have a leisurely lunch. Service is always exceptional. If you are traveling on the parkway at a busy time (weekends/musical events or other festivals), reservations are a must. Otherwise, you may not be able to eat here, as they have limited hours of operation. Check the website for details. It is fun also to visit the winery located in a separate building, for tours and tastings.

• Visited August 2014
“Five star scenery, three star food”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We visited the restaurant while having a weekend getaway in Floyd, Va. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the winery and restaurant themselves are beautiful, and the views spectacular! Especially on the balcony at sunset.
The wine is very decent for the region.

By far the best thing we had was the Tuna Tataki appetizer. I ordered the scallop special that evening, and instead was brought the Scallop Pasta Entree. They quickly remedied the error and comped me a glass of wine. My husband had the Fish special, and it was very tasty. The scallops I had were just average. We did share a divine coconut cake for desert.

The service was very uneven, but they were very gracious and seemed willing to remedy any errors as quickly as possible.

The worst part of the entire evening was a child at the adjacent winery that screamed incessantly during our dinner. It's not the restaurant's fault, but most people visiting a winery or high-end restaurant are there to get away from their children (such as my husband and myself), and don't want to spend their evening listening to someone else's have a meltdown.

Keith T, Public Relations Manager at Chateau Morrisette, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate all of your comments and I am sharing them with our Executive Chef and our Restaurant Manager. We strive for service excellence so I'm sorry we fell short during your visit. Our manager will address the issues with staff. I'm also very sorry about the crying child, I know that can make for a terrible experience. We get very few children that age visiting the winery. Please come back and see us again and should you encounter a nuisance child, I'm sure our staff would be happy to relocate you if you would like. Again, thanks for the kind words.
Virginia
“Good Food near BRP”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My mom, sister and I ventured to the Winery on a cold, rainy day in August. We were staying nearby (Woodberry Inn) and the weather was terrible so we went to the winery hoping for a warm meal! When we first walked in at lunch time we felt a little out of place in our Jeans and T's but the waiters/waitress/staff made us feel very welcome. We had a wonderful waiter! The food was expensive but it was also very delicious! We then ventured to the winery to have a tasting. It was very rustic and elegant. Tasting are $8 a person...which isn't too bad ,but the last time I came I paid for a tasting and got to keep the glass. I guess that has changed now so we were rather bummed we didn't get to keep a memento from our visit. The man that did our tastings was very knowledgeable but we found him a little curt. Overall it was a nice visit, with delicious food and I would love to return for Dinner with my Fiance at some point. It would be a great place for a date.

1 Thank gdfd4u
Thanks for writing the review. Our restaurant is proud to promote "casual" elegance. We welcome almost any attire and hope to make everyone feel welcome. Regarding the wine glass, we now offer a tasting for $10 that allows you to keep the glass. These custom glasses retail for $5 in the gift shop so buying it with your tasting is a real bargain. So next time, be sure to get that memento to take home with you!
“Nice Scenic View”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We actually didn't spend a lot of time here but it is a very scenic area and well worth the stop if you're going down the Blue Ridge Parkway. We didn't eat so I can't rate it in that regard. Sorry I had to pick "Coffee or tea" simply to get a review in. Apologies.

• Visited August 2014
Keith T, Public Relations Manager at Chateau Morrisette, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Hope you can come back when you can stay longer next time. Definitely try a tasting at the winery and a meal in the restaurant. It's an even better way to enjoy the view! Thanks for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.