“brunch munch”
Review of Chateau Morrisette

Chateau Morrisette
Reserve with OpenTable
Chateau Morrisette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Floyd
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Black Ridge Road
Description: Chateau Morrisette offers fine dining in a casual setting. Located along the Blue Ridge Parkway in Floyd County, Virginia, Chateau Morrisette sits at 3500 feet with spectacular views of the valley below. Chef Slade Mankins creates authentic Appalachian fusion cuisine designed to pair with the wide assortment of wines produced in our cellar. Guest favorites include Our Dog Blue paired with Bacon-wrapped Shrimp with Grits, herb crusted sirloin with Petit Verdot, lamb paired with Chambourcin, and our Chateau Filet paired with Merlot. Vegetarians enjoy a variety of dishes as well. With two estate gardens, Chateau Morrisette provides seasonal offerings to insure quality and freshness. Guest may dine by the fire in the colder months or outside on our terrace in the warmer months. And of course, a visit to Chateau Morrisette is not complete without a stop in our Tasting Room for a sampling of our wines and a little shopping for unique gifts and accessories.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We like this place and have been several times before. This time we went for the brunch. The food was good, varied, and plentiful, but for the price, we expected a better quality. Still, we ate our fill and we went away happy. Still, our Saturday visits have been tastier.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Had a nice wine tasting at Chateau Morrisette. I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation with the person pouring the tasting. She seemed genuinely interested in helping us find the wine that meet what we liked.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Chateau Morrisette many times. I have usually fully enjoyed myself. This time, I did not. Although the waitress was polite, it could not make up for the food. Not only do they no longer offer a salad with each entree (and the prices have not been lowered) the flavoring of the food was horrible and not at all fresh. I would recommend that no one waste their money on an outdated and horrible restaurant.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great scenery, great food and service. Prices decent enough. Cash only and the bill comes on one statement only. it is up to the customer to break down the payment. How hard would it be for them to separate the bills?

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was looking forward to my visit. I had some out of town guests and had heard such good things about this place. Sadly, I realize I heard wrong. Where do I start? First of all, we had a reservation but still ended up waiting for a table. Second, the service was really slow and extremely amateur. I'm willing to overlook those things because, frankly, it could have just been a bad night. Unfortunately, the problem was the food and the wine.

Wine - is that what you call it? I ordered a glass of pinot noir and I swear it looked more like cherry Juicey Juice than anything else. I've never seen such a light colored pinot. Worst still, it tasted like vinegar. Very harsh. Not a fan and didn't finish the glass. My guest ordered a chardonnay and had the same problem regarding taste. Not drinkable. Now keep in mind, I'm not wine enthusiast. I don't go around detecting hints of anything in wine...but I know bad wine when I drink it and this was definitely bad.

Food - I could have overlooked the wine issue had the food been great but wow, it really wasn't. I ordered a ribeye and it was absolutely tasteless. So was the "succotash" that came with it. It truly just tasted like a can of mixed veggies that had been opened and left out all day long. ZERO flavor. The only thing that I found tasty was the salad I ordered. The red pepper dressing was good. Still, it's a long way to go and a lot of money to pay for a salad.

I hate to be so harsh but honestly, this place either had the worst night in it's history when I dined there OR this place is highly overrated by people. I hope it's the former but I suspect the latter.

The only nice things I can say is that the restaurant has a lovely view and the drive through Floyd via 221 or the Parkway is just stunning. If you plan to head out that way, I suggest you take in the view but pack your own picnic. It will be cheaper and the food will be tastier.

Been to Chateau Morrisette? Share your experiences!