“Rustic Charm in a Very Country Setting”
Review of Ambrosia Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Floyd
Ambrosia Farm
Ranked #5 of 7 Floyd B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 10, 2008

My search for solitude near Chateau Morissette Winery and the Blue Ridge Parway took me to Ambrosia Farm. The directions from the website were great and took us right to the doorstep. Upon arrival, I was not sure I had chosen a place I wanted to stay at. After the hostess descended from the hill and warmly greeted us, my doubts were removed. Inside the house is a very rustic theme. We stayed in Sleeping Beauty. This room was a bit noisy as it was above the kitchen and dining room, but the am sunrise was great as it shined in the window. I would choose the other second room floor the next time. The breakfasts were excellent-I would say the best of any B&B I have stayed in. The innkeepers were very helpful with local recommendations for restaurants and activities. At night, one does not see another light from any house or vehicle and only the occassional car passes by. As in most B&B's, the other guests wanted to chat us up, but with tact, we were able to enjoy our stay in relative solitude. The porches on this place are super. I would stay here again and will likely do so next year.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank thewanderer2

Reviewed February 18, 2008

This was my first experience at a bed and breakfast. My boyfriend and I booked one night while traveling to Nashville. Our experience was wonderful! We had to arrive late due to traffic, but called ahead, and Caroline was very understanding. She even warned us to eat dinner before arriving in Floyd because restaurants close early there in the winter. Upon arriving, we were offered wine and shown to our room, which was absolutely delightful. We had the Master Room on the ground floor - gas fireplace, king-sized bed, comfy armchairs, books and music for our amusement. Low ceilings and the age of the house made it cozy and very charming. The decor was great for us, somewhat rustic and eclectic, and extremely comfortable. Our breakfast was excellent in the morning, and made just for us ( we were the only guests, as it was a weeknight). Everything was fresh and all the ingredients were organic. Caroline chatted with us about all types of subjects while we waited for breakfast, and gave us some great advice about wineries and craft stores in the area.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank alston78

Been to Ambrosia Farm? Share your experiences!