“Good lunch”
Review of Griffin Tavern

Griffin Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Griffin Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Flint Hill
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Griffin Tavern is a lovely 1870's building that was renovated into the restaurant/bar in 2002. We are located at the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains in beautiful Rappahannock County. Our bar is configured for socializing. We are where the locals hang out and our visitors feel welcomed! There are 9 wonderful beers on tap and a wide selection of wine & spirits. We have indoor and outdoor seating and are biker and family friendly.We serve lunch and dinner seven days a week.Free wifi Spring, Summer, Fall Hours 2017 Sunday 10:30-9pm with Brunch served until 3pm Monday- Thursday 11:30-9pm Friday and Saturday 11:30-10pm Pub opened later on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights with late night menu, depending on weather and business. If you are going to be late, please call ahead and we will prepare your food for your arrival.
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Had a lunch here with my wife and 6 other friends. Burgers were very good. Nice place to stop for lunch as you visit wineries in the area.

Griffin T, Owner at Griffin Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear Ken M, thank you for this review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed our burgers and thank you for bringing your friends. I hope you got to enjoy a few of our wonderful vineyards (Rappahannock Cellars, Chester Gap and Gadino are a few close by). Please note, we are affiliated with a driving service, Integrity Chauffeur, should you want to relax and let someone else do the driving.

We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We enjoyed an excellent lunch here on July 12th. Friendly bartender, good service, nice setting. I was somewhat distracted by a slightly musty smell in the bar area, but no one else in our party was bothered by it. The corn chowder was very tasty! Small side salad and sandwich, were just right portions. Joe loved his fish and chips and declared the French fries the best he ever tasted. (High praise indeed!)
Hope to get back here again!

Dear Kathleen F, thank you for taking the time to review your visit with us! It's always nice to read that guests have enjoyed their time with us. Our kitchen is serving up some great food and I'm so glad Joe enjoyed the fish n chips. Those chips are hard to pass up! The soup salad sandwich offering gives you a chance to try a lot without feeling stuffed. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

It appears service was not a high mark. If you have any additional input I would love to discuss it with you. I can be reached at debbie4265@gmail.com.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This tavern sits in a nice old town, Flint HIll, in the foothills below the Blue Ridge Parkway. They have a couple of dining rooms, pub style bar area, and outdoor sitting. A decent selection of adult beverages. The menu is limited, but the food is worth the drive.

Dear Stealthray, thank you for your review. I'm very happy you enjoyed your visit with us. It looks like service was not a high point. I would love to discuss your experience with you; we're always striving to exceed expectations! If you have the time, please contact me at debbie4265@gmail. com.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Debbie

Reviewed June 9, 2014

To be honest, when I am overseas (i.e. out of the UK) the concept of going to a traditional British style pub is as attractive as a visit to the dentist, and usually avoided like the plague. When booking into our hotel in nearby Sperryville (the excellent Hopkins Ordinary - see separate review), and being told that all the local eateries are closed on a Monday, we had little option however but to follow the recommendation of our host to go the the Griffin. I am glad that we did.

The bar is very tastefully done, with a square central bar in the "Cheers" style, and they have a good selection of beers. As a Scot I was particularly surprised and pleased to see that they had Tennent's lager on draft, and it was very good.

Our barmaid/waitress Claire was very friendly and chatty and made us feel right at home. We elected to eat at the bar and had pizza and a burger, both of which were excellent. This was our final stopover after a three week holiday to the USA and our visit to the Griffin was a great way to round things off.

Highly recommended.

John and Karen Houston
Knaresborough
North Yorkshire
UK

Griffin T, Owner at Griffin Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Johnhouston2, this is the kind of review we all love to read! Thank you very much for writing it. I'm very glad you visited the Griffin and that you spent time in Rappahannock County. You picked a great place to stay. We love the Hopkins Ordinary! Tennent's has just been added on tap because of a Scot that is one of our regulars. He told us it would be very popular. I'm also very happy to read that Claire took very good care of you and Karen. We have passed along your kind words!

Come back and visit! There is plenty to do and see in Rappahannock Virginia!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I visited this establishment when we were in Flint Hill celebrating our anniversary. We really enjoyed the food and there was a great club feel to the place. Definitely a place to visit!!

Dear Arden S, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I hope you had a wonderful anniversary and will come back and visit us way before the next one!

Congratulations,