“Excellent Service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 211
Transit: Tours for area wineries may be arranged through the front desk.
Description: The Flint Hill Public House is an ideal private event space for weddings, receptions, catered affairs or private-chef prepared dinners for small groups (10 or more).
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I ate here for the first time for our anniversary dinner. The staff had noted when I made reservations (over a week ago) that this was our anniversary, congratulated us upon our arrival, and surprised us with glasses of champagne as we were seated. All of the staff were very friendly and know the true meaning of service. The chef even came to our table to discuss my dietary needs, which he accommodated without hesitation. Our meals were very good (but didn't meet excellent status). My red potatoes were a little underdone and plain, but the crab cakes were delicious. My husband's steak was "good" but a bit too salty- the mashed potatoes were a hit. Our desserts were delicious. The setting is a little too contemporary for our taste, but based on our overall dining experience, we would certainly choose to dine here again.

1  Thank HealthNut9
FlintHillVa, Managing Partner at Flint Hill Public House, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear HealthNut9:

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We work very hard with the service staff on giving legendary service to all our guests. I apologize for the couple of food concerns that you had during your meal. I will review them with Chef Marvin and the staff so that we can ensure this is corrected for the future. We are so glad that you celebrated your anniversary with us, and look forward to you joining us again.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our first visit to Flint Hill Public House produced mediocre food for dinner. The Managing Partner was kind enough to provide us with a gift card to return. So we did. Last time, I had ordered the oriental chicken salad which I find to be overdressed and I was disappointed that stale chow mein noodles were on the salad instead of the rice noodles described in the menu.

This time, I ordered a burger. It was good, cooked well, tasted fresh. So our second dining experience was much better.

Honestly, I am sure there are many people who would appreciate the restaurant. Please give it a try.

2  Thank JenLynneG

Dear JenLynneG:

Thanks for coming back and giving us a second try. I am glad that you enjoyed your burger. We hope that you will join us again in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

DEFINITELY make a stop here. Great food, great service, friendly, great atmosphere, all around great. I had pancakes with BBQ pulled pork and bourbon syrup. Strange you say? I say wonderful. One of the best dishes I have had. It works. Menu was varied and interesting. This is a place I would love to return to some day. Would love to stay here too.

1  Thank visamastermichigan

Dear Visamastermichigan:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We work very hard at being the best that we can be. I am so glad that you enjoyed the Pork Layered Pancakes, they are a big seller for Sunday Brunch. Next time that you are in the area we look forward to having you dine with us or even stay in on of our suites.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

After a stop at the Griffin we went next door to the Public House. What a beautiful job on the interior of this historic building. They offer a small bar and a outside deck with a lovely setting. The atmosphere was a bit more reserved than I prefer, however, folks did warm up after a bit. Do try the crab dip, I was impressed!

1  Thank DTraveler11
FlintHillVa, Managing Partner at Flint Hill Public House, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Sear Dtraveler11:

Thanks for stopping in and checking us out. Several other guests also love the outside deck, and we do have a great and wonderful staff that our guests do love. I will pass on your comments to Chef Swaner on the Crab Dip, it is one of his popular items.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have come here many times over the last several months for lunch and dinner and have enjoyed every bit of it. The menu is fairly conventional every day American fare, well executed with high quality ingredients. Great sandwiches and wraps, healthy flavorful salads as well as plenty of fine entrees to choose from. They are particularly good at fried dishes. Whether you order the deep fried pickles, the oysters, scallops, shrimp or hush puppies, you will get perfectly fried morsels with no excess fat. The two-choice seafood entree is a great option - pick two from a list of six, fried or broiled. The Friday roast prime rib special is a standard. Their Virginia wines list is an opportunity to try from a well selected sampling from local wineries.

Walk in from a fine country style exterior and be surprised by a well appointed contemporary interior with attractive modern art and great Italian design furnishings. A nice bar and deck, and a spacious tented seating out back looks on to a verdant garden and lawn. Sometimes there is local entertainment outside.

1  Thank DCfoodman