“Surprisingly Delicious!”

Flint Hill Public House Restaurant & Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Flint Hill
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 211
Transit: Tours for area wineries may be arranged through the front desk.
Mercer Island, Washington
“Surprisingly Delicious!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

While the fried green tomatoes were tasty, the baby back ribs were the best I'd ever had. Hands down. Period. Heading back tonight so may try again or something else. Nice, sleek and modern decor in an otherwise "historic" building so surprising but, in a nice way. Just unexpected. Very good food. Service is on par, too.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MASTERPC

Oregon, United States
“Solid salads and great sandwiches”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We went here for a light super after visiting Shenandoah. The staff was very welcoming. The salads were fresh and inventive. The chicken sandwich was superb with all the fixings. We were not terribly hungry, but the full dinners at the table next to us looked super. The steak salad is truly a meal. Not at all pretentious and the chairs are funky and comfortable. I wish I lived in the area. We stopped into the Inn at Washington and they sent us here. (Sorry the Inn looked good, but we were just looking for a nice meal and that placed smelled great, but we were not looking to spend that much) They choose well.

• Visited September 2012
Washington DC
“Nice Place”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I dined at Flint Hill Public House while staying at a nearby B&B. We were pleasantly surprised to find such a nice restaurant in the area. The decor was modern, very clean and bright (we did not see the bar area). Our server was good, very attentive but not to the point that it was disruptive. The food was good, some items were just OK and some were great. We ordered the calamari which was a disappointment. It was over cooked and the marinara sauce on the side was not great with calamari. A more unique dip would have been nice, maybe something spicy or sweet or both. I ordered the steak and shrimp and my husband ordered the brisket. My steak was large, done to perfection, and tasted great. The mashed potatoes were really good but the shrimp were just OK. My husband very much enjoyed the brisket and we both had left overs. If we are in the area we will definitely return.

Front Royal, Virginia
“Incredible food, great staff!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Welcome to the neighborhood Public House!! This restaurant is a great place to go to have healthy, fresh meals. I was very impressed with how fresh the salads were and how well prepared the meals were with the freshest of ingredients. The meals are delicious and larger sized and not overly priced like some of the other local restaurants. Nice choice of local beer and wines. The crab dip is to die for!!!

The staff is friendly, professional and very knowledgeable. I do love how the chef will come to each table and check on the meal and service.

This has become our favorite restaurant and we have never had a bad meal the 30+ times we have been there....I love the fact I can have pub food one time, or an all out 3-4 course meal depending on my mood and appetite.

The outdoor patio area is very nice and on one occasion we brought our dog since the restaurant even has several items on their "dog menu". Our dog loved the "hearty pooch stew"!

Some of the fantastic items we have had....the Prime Rib...flavorful, tender, and cooked to perfection.....the crab dip....full of crab meat and creamy, the Ahi Tuna salad....large portion, fresh tuna, incredible dressing....Chicken Parmesan Florentine....large portion, tender, great red sauce.......Calamari is another great appetizer....it is tender and not overcooked like most places tend to do.....the steak salad....tender steak, fresh greens...I could go on and on...the desserts...oh boy....where do I start??? Just incredible!

Linden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always Wonderful”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The Flint Hill Public House has quickly become one of my favorite places to go. I have enjoyed everything I've tried on the menu, the beef brisket is my favorite. Sitting on the patio over looking the beatiful grounds having some drinks and a wonderful meal is the perfect evening. The Chef has come to my table almost everytime I have been in and seems very concerned that everyone enjoys their food. I think that is a wonderful quality in this day and age. Overall the staff is very eager to please and always go out of their way to make sure you leave happy. Thanks Public House it is great having this place in our community!

1 Thank WDM4