“Glad we started our trip at the hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft

Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fishersville
gorgeous hudson valley
“Glad we started our trip at the hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

From the moment we walked through the doors, we were cheerfully greeted by Rita. I felt all the cares of travel slip away. It is so wonderful to have a feeling of truly being welcomed to a hotel. We journeyed from NY to New Orleans and this was our first pit stop. There is nothing unusual about this Hampton Inn...it's basic, great gathering area in the lobby, room was spotless and quiet. Fruit and cookies were available through the day. After checking into our room, Sue phoned to see if everything was ok...it really is the little things that make a place stand out. I was humbled by their down to earth, home-town personalities. We ventured to a German Restaurant, Edelweiss, about 10 minutes away, loved it. Stopped at the gas/mini-mart next to the hotel..our purchase came up to $1.03. Our smallest was a $10 bill...the clerk asked if we had any change...sorry, no....He took a nickle from his own pocket and threw in the change...you don't see stuff like that a lot, and I would estimate his age at around 20. Between the Hampton Inn, the gas station and Edelweiss, I felt like I was in a fairy tale world....and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2010

Stayed here while visiting family. Very clean rooms, pool was great. Sunday breakfast buffet was over the top!!! Staff very friendly and helpful. would highly recommend this facility.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Charleston, WV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

My wife and I recently stayed here visiting the area. I chose this hotel because of the high reviews of others. Everyone in the hotel was extremely friendly. It seemed that when someone saw us, they asked how were are doing. This included everybody from the front desk to the cleaning people. They must have been trained to do this. One thing both my wife and I enjoyed about this hotel is the quietness. We did not hear any other guests at night and the hotel was full. That helped to give both of us a good night sleep. There are two negative things about this place and they are both trivial. First while the indoor pool was nice, I did find a long black hair floating in it. I have seen cleaner pools but also much dirter pools. Second, Hampton Inn did not have any meat such as bacon or sausage for the continential breakfast. The continential breakfast includes your typical juice, bagels, cereal and eggs. I guess I am accustomed to having some sort of meat offered for breakfast. With this being said, I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody passing through the area.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Abingdon, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2009

We have stayed here at least once a year for the past three years.. and every time it is wonderful. The rooms are clean and well kept, the breakfast has great variety, and the staff is more than willing to help you in any way they can. I would always stay here if you are in the Waynesboro/Charlottesville area!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

My son is now attending school in this area, so we will be staying at this Hampton Inn
often...they staff are very friendly, rooms are clean and a nice view. The small breakfasts are also very nice.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2009

Stayed here on the way home on Memorial Day weekend. We stayed here a year before and enjoyed it and the location, so came back.

Since it was the night before Memorial Day, it was busy and the rate was higher. But this Hampton is located right off I-64, so it's very convenient. It's about a half hour's drive from Charlottesville and at right by Skyline Drive. The next exit east is Waynesboro and many restuarants.

The breakfast area was kept very clean and neat, with all the typical Hampton breakfast selections. Our room, too, was typical Hampton - heavenly pillow-top mattress, full mirror on closet, and everything very clean. It's a newer Hampton and the lobby is pleasant. The check-in clerk was very nice and made sure to bring out the last of the cookies for us.

This Hampton is a good location if you're visiting Monticello and the central Virginia wineries.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank swaninthepark
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

The hotel gave me incredible service and I returned to stay here again.
The staff were really friendly and went above and beyond what I expected. I cannot say enough about this place. It was like a luxury hotel, but did not cost much at all.
The hotel also is conveniently located for people wanting to visit nearby attractions, especially the Shenandoah valley, Blue Ridge mountians, etc.
I stayed long enough to make friends with the staff there. I still have memories of my stay and they will probably last a
lifetime!

• Liked — The staff, undoubtedly
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank raag76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fishersville
BEST WESTERN PLUS Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
Stonewall Jackson Hotel and Conference Center
BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn
BEST WESTERN Staunton Inn
#3 of 15 in Staunton

Been to Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft? Share your experiences!