“Fisherville, Hampton Inn”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fishersville
Annapolis, Maryland
“Fisherville, Hampton Inn”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stay at this Hampton Inn almost once a month to visit elderly family in the area. This is a very nice Hampton, very clean and quiet. It has been recently remodeled but I thought it was better before the remodel at least in the breakfast area. This past weekend, they raised their weekend rates, which meant it cost us a lot more to stay even though we are regular guests. This bothered me a lot and I resent this kind of treatment, but oh well. The breakfast is good, sometimes not ready at 6 A.M. as advertised, but this past Sunday morning it was mostly hot and ready at 6, which was very nice for a change. I hope they keep this up. I wish the Hampton Inns would invest in a better heating and cooling system for their guests. The systems are noisy and a little difficult to find comfortable room temp. The last time we stayed with them, we used our Hilton Honors points and received a free stay. In our preferences, we have always asked to be away from the elevators. Guess where they placed us in our free room? Yep! the headboard of our bed was up against the wall where the elevators went up and down. My husband refused to change room and make an issue about it. I was disappointed that the front desk would do this to regular customers like ourselves.
The location is excellent easy access to I64 and a very nice Shell gas station with some groceries and a delicious deli right next door. We choose to stay here each month because it is clean and quiet and very close the family we are visiting.

Room Tip: away from the elevators
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
whitneycan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your candid review of the property. I appreciate your honest feedback concerning the accommodations and the staff. Please know that I have addressed your observations with both my front desk and breakfast team members as an area of opportunity, and we will work diligently to ensure that we always provide the best service and amenities that you come to expect at Hampton Inn. I am delighted you find the hotel to be clean and quiet, and that we are a convenient location for you while here visiting with your family, and I look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
stafford, United States
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff made our busy graduation weekend much more enjoyable. We had a large group and no matter what we asked for i.e. late checkout, suggestions on area restaurants etc, they were quick to offer suggestions and recommendations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

whitneycan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for kind remarks regarding the staff. I am so happy that they were able to be so accommodating for you and your family on graduation weekend! We have a great team here in Fishersville, and I thank you for taking the time to recognize them. We hope it will be our pleasure to have you back as our guest.
Virginia Bch, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was a great place to stay and get the mind right before a half-marathon run the next morning in Wayneboro, just down the road. Very quiet room with ever-helpful staff. Also a good spot in the middle of numerous historical sites for rest of family to enjoy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was the last stop on a long trip. Stayed at several different types of hotels. This room was tied for the best, but it was the outstanding breakfast that put this hotel over the top. Clean eating area with delicious food.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your outstanding breakfast experience. I am thrilled that you and your family enjoyed your Hampton breakfast while here in Fishersville! We look forward to having you back as our guest.
Kansas City
Reviewed May 4, 2013

It took a minute for someone to appear to check me in. Despite turning down the thermostat & adjusting the fan options I was not able to get the room to a comfortable temperature. So it was not a good night's sleep. There isn't much in the way of food nearby. I drove 20ish minutes round trip to get dinner. There weren't any cleaning issues in my room, but the elevator was a little grubby. It is a newer nicer hotel overall though. So I might give it another try depending on what other options are available.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
whitneycan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your review and I appreciate your honest feedback about your stay. Please know I have addressed the issues you experienced and I am truly sorry that you were unable to get a good night's sleep while here as our guest. It is my sincerest hope that you will give us another chance if you are back in the area.
Rockaway Park, New York, USA
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Upon arrival we were met courteously and the staff was pleasant and helpful. The next morning the complimentary breakfast was delicious and the woman that helped us was a delight. She was efficient and extremely friendly. We were treated with REAL southern hospitality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind words regarding the breakfast and the staff. I am delighted that our hospitality and Hamptonality could provide you with a positive hotel experience, and I can't wait to share your comments with the staff! We hope you will come stay with us again.
Bloomington, United States
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This location is in excellent condition and is easily accessed from I-64. The staff was friendly and inquired about any additional needs that I may have had. Breakfast was above average, as the selection and freshness of the food was excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

whitneycan, General Manager at Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and I appreciate your comments about the hotel. I am happy to hear that you found the hotel to be conveniently located, the staff to be friendly and accomodating, and that you enjoyed our breakfast so much! We look forard to having you back as our guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fishersville
Best Western Plus Waynesboro Inn & Suites Conference Center
#4 of 15 in Staunton
Days Inn Waynesboro
Days Inn Waynesboro
#3 of 9 in Waynesboro

Been to Hampton Inn Waynesboro / Stuarts Draft? Share your experiences!