“No time for us”

Barren Ridge Vineyards
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We visited Barren Ridge on a Saturday evening. When we arrived they wrapping up a tasting with a small group, we tried to wait patiently as they draw it out. When we started they told us they were closing soon for a wedding in their event space. They rushed us through the tasting, pretty much all dry wines, and rushed us out the door. This trip made for 2in 1, first and last.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Barren Ridge has fantastic quality Virginia wines, and is one of the best vineyards in the valley. I've been twice this summer, and each time the staff have been very friendly and helpful. The vineyard dog Rascal is a friendly and adorable addition to the beautiful patio, where you can sit and enjoy a glass or bottle. I also love that Barren Ridge alows you to bring your own picnic to munch on while you enjoy the wines. There are many wines to choose from, ranging from sweet to dry whites and reds, so there is definitely something for everyone. I'd definitely recommend Barren Ridge for your next wine tour!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Visited Barren Ridge Vineyards and arrived over an hour before their published closing time. Waited in the tasting room for some time while the attendant sold wine to the previous tasters. When we were finally acknowledged, were told that they were having another event and the tasting room was closing. When reminded that their published hours said they are open their reply was, "Sorry, we can sell you a bottle of wine." They didn't care about us at all!

They obviously don't get it. My wife and I traveled a considerable distance to visit them and they apparently don't care! If you expect to treated with respect, Avoid Barren Ridge Vineyards" We will!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The winery was off the beaten track, but lends to the picturesque views. They had a nice patio perfect for enjoying a glass or bottle.

My favorite wines were the Vidal Blanc and Meritage. I can see why they both were award winners at the Governor's Cup ceremony.

Kelly did our tasting and she was fabulous.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were exited to visit Barren Ridge because we had visited so many wineries in the area that we enjoyed. The drive up to the vineyard and the winery were gorgeous. Unfortunately, all went South when we started tasting. First, my wife and I have never had smaller pours at a winery and we've been to more than most. I'm not exaggerating by saying the pour would not have filled a thimble. My wife and I just looked at each other and thought it has to get better from here. It didn't. We were not impressed with any of their wines and we have a full appreciation for all varietals. Though to be fair, the pours were so small we couldn't truly evaluate their wines. Maybe there is a reasoning for that? On our last pour, a different woman took over and we thought for sure we could get a favorable pour. That didn't happen. It's just the culture of that winery. The tastings are $8 each. What a rip. We will gladly pay that for a favorable experience but this winery didn't offer it. It's unfortunate because the grounds her are beautiful. Don't bother going here. It is a waste of time. All other wineries do a nicer job.