“Simply the best!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amici at Barmston

Amici at Barmston
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Barmston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Simply the best!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

After years of driving past what seemed like a "little Chef type cafe" we decided to try it as both me and my wife love Italian food.Wow! what a surprise.The staff are very friendly, Ian the owner is certainly a character and most importantly the food is awesome!I can certainly eat as i am a bloke of 6`2" and 16.5 stone but on our last visit i had to take home part of my favourite dish Spaghetti marinara as i was full up.Just shows how good the portions are.The best compliment i can give is that my favourite dish of all time made by my mother (who was Italian) was Gnocci in bolognese sauce and the same dish that is served here is just as good (if not better) but i would never tell my mum that!Angela the chef is wonderful and very accomodating in any little changes you want to make to your dish.All in all a great place to eat and highly recomended.

I_norfolk, Owner at Amici at Barmston, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Many thanks for your review john, glad to know you always enjoy and food and it's even better that you've just admitted that it's even better than mamma use to make. Just think if you'd of carried on driving by you'd of never of met me. Just think of the miserable effect not having my wonderful ness in your life would of mean't lol . Really glad you enjoy your time each and every time you visit, hope you had a fantastic birthday (although that was a while back). But whoops sowwie, we've being quite busy and not really had a chance to get back to you. Hope to see you and your lovely wife again soon. many thanks Ian and the team xx

“Don't miss out !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

After driving past this restraunt several times over the last few years on our way to Bridlington , and saying every time we pass it, how does that place stay open out her in such a remote area??? Well tonight on our 4th anniversary we found out why, the food was great the service prompt , it's clean and decor was simple but effective, it had a very calm ambience to the place and Ian the owner was very down to earth and chatty, the pizzas were fab and my prawns in garlic starter were delicious , can't wait for next visit!! Thanks nicole & Aron . P.s cool red shoes!!!! Lol

• Visited January 2014
I_norfolk, Owner at Amici at Barmston, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review your comments are very much appreciated. Judging by your comments you've just answered your own question as to why we stay open. My shoes of course, people come from miles around just to see what fabulous creation I have on my feet. One or two people come for some proper good grub as well (how very yorkshire). You must of caught me on a good day as well if I was down to earth normally my heads in the clouds with the fairies as for being chatty - yup I can talk a bit. Really glad that you enjoyed your food, not everyone comes for my shoes so it's nice to know we get the food right as well. Hope you and Aron enjoy Las Vegas - HAPPY BIG THREEEE OOOOOOOOO IN ADVANCE. Hope to see you again soon, Ian and the Team xx P.S Call ahead and let me know what shoes you have on next time. I dont fancy matching again, your on my turf and I aint having anyone steal my thunder lol xx
Cottingham, United Kingdom
“Love Italian food: Love Cosa Nostra”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

My wife and i managed to persuade my eldest daughter to baby sit so we took a ride up the coast planning on having a pub mean but decided to stop at Cosa Nostra for convenience sake, what a good desicion it was.

On arrival the staff were warm and friendly, we asked for a table by a radiator (it was very cold out) and we were accomodated no problem. We actually walked in just as a pre booked table of eight had arrived and more people came in almost directly behind us but the staff didnt make us wait long for menus or to take our drinks order.

The menu is exciting with lots of choice, i opted for the broccolli and stilton soup with the Pollo Riviera (garlic chicken) to follow. The wife chose home made cream of tomoato soup and the Dolce Vita risotto to follow. Both soups came with freshly toasted garlic bread and were delicious, well seasoned and tasting as good as any soup anywhere.

The main meals followed in a timely manner with a further round of drinks and they absolutely did not dissapoint. Portion sizes were good, so good my wife just couldnt manage any more than half of her risotto which i have to say was just gorgeous, as good as any risotto i have tried before. The Pollo Riviera was very tasty, very garlicky and very filling.

With a quiet and unassuming atmosphere we felt comfortable, well fed and well looked after. It's not the cheapest menu but then again it is quality food and service so expect to pay for what you get.

We will certainly be returning and would whole heartedly recomend the Cosa Nostra.

• Visited January 2014
Many thanks for your comments, congratulations on getting your daughter to babysit for you. It doesn't sound like it was an easy task, next time you come to visit us you should bring the family along we'd love to meet them. Then you can treat your daughter for letting you escape for the evening. I'm really glad the staff treated you well and that your meals were top notch, many thanks for your recommendation to other guests its very much appreciated. Hope to see you (and the family) again soon. Take care and once again many thanks Ian and the Team xx
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Came recommended; did not disappoint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

We went to Cosa Nostra last weekend and all 4 of us really enjoyed our meals. The staff were incredibly friendly, as were the guests. Indeed we were taken a little aback when a table of 4 people all smiled at us and said hello as we came in. They were probably regulars, and it's no surprise that this fantastic restaurant appears to have them in abundance. If I lived nearer then I would certainly be one of them!
I have been fortunate enough to spend a considerable amount of time in Italy on business over the last 20 years, and of course as a result I am a huge fan of Italian cuisine, not to mention the beautiful country and its wonderful people, so I can pay the Cosa Nostra no bigger tribute than to say all of the dishes we ate that evening would certainly grace the menu in any of the finer resraurants I have been lucky enough to eat in.

Geoff, Sharon, Pete & Yvonne
Doncaster

• Visited November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts on your visit. Your words are very kind and I'm glad the staff and other guests made you feel welcome. As you say its a shame you didn't live closer to the restaurant it was nice chatting with yourself and your friends. Thanks for your gracious comments with regards to fine dining restaurants. We are really pleased that you and your friends all enjoyed your evening and we're over the moon that we exceeded your expectations. It proves to the staff and I that the expectations of ourselves are still incredibly high. Hope to see you again if your in the area. Take care and all the best, Ian and the Team xx
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Had the best take away EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Spent the weekend at Sea View Cottage down the road from this Cosa Nostra restaurant. We arrived before the restaurant opened and the staff offered us to stay in the bar out of the cold and started on our order as soon as the Chef walked through the door. We ordered a take away after finding a take away menu in our cottage. The staff were really friendly and helped with picking something from the lovely menu. The portion sizes were really big and the food was AMAZING! By far the best Italian restaurant that I have been in. I would highly recommend the Uova Florentina as a starter and the Paella!

• Visited November 2013
I_norfolk, Owner at Amici at Barmston, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for your extremely kind words on your recent visit and thank you for taking the time to share them with others. It's great to know you enjoyed your food so much, especially after i'd recommended the starter. It's my favourite on the menu so I was hoping you liked it after I talked you into it. Hope you had a wonderful stay at sea view cottages i've heard its a fantastic place to stay in the area, and hopefully we'll see you again if your ever in these parts.

Take care and we wish you all the best for christmas and the new year. Ian and the team xx