“Such an uplifting experience”

British School of Ballooning
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Ebernoe
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Having endured an experience with a rival concern in Hertfordshire my faith in human nature and more particularly 'good service' in a considerate manner was amply restored following a wonderful trip with BSB: this company sets very high standards and from the moment we made contact with the sales and booking lady we knew we would enjoy ourselves. A great pilot and friendly support team made our flight something to always cherish....just wish we lived a little nearer......thanks.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I was bought this trip as a Christmas present in 2012, used it in August 2013. When booking over the phone, the lady was very polite and informative. When we arrived at the launch site the crew kept us up to date with everything. We had to drive for about 10 mins before we started to put the balloon up! You are involved in the whole experience, unpacking and inflating/putting up the balloon. Although your not in the air for long it's a great experience. I would recommend the company & experience to anyone

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My balloon flight was wonderful, good company, wonderful pilot and crew. I would recommend the company.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Was down on holiday in West Sussex and booked a flight on open ticket , staff when booking were extremely courteous and explained that I may not get up by the end of my weeks stay if to windy , although weather was good it was not suitable for flying the Balloon . As my holiday neared its end got the shout to be available for Saturday evening as it was going to be perfect ..

I arrived at the farm where the others I would be joining already there . Then the balloons arrived with there Pilots and other helpers and we were encouraged to help with the offloading of the balloon and two were allowed to keep balloon open for filling with air , was very much hands on which helped to break down barriers and had everybody chatting to each other .

Before the Balloon was fully inflated we were giving a safety chat by the pilot , and a dummy run of a landing , just so we knew what to do.

Once in the basket we were waiting for lift off and with a couple of blasts from the burners we were up .. I never ever thought it would be so smooth , and so tranquil, once we were right up the views to wards the Solent , Brighton and Gatwick were astonishing and the only thing to break the silence was the burner , soon we were on our decent and waiting in anticipation for a bump when landing , we could not have had a better landing so smooth and upright.
Once again it was hands on to deflate the balloon , much to the joy of the children on the flight . then pack up and head for home where we had a glass of champagne and received a certificate of our flight ...Thanks Graeme and your staff for one memorable evening ..Thoroughly recommend it to anyone ..

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked this for partners 30th - booked an "anytime" ticket so we could fly whenever we wanted, fitted in best for us as work shifts. The lady I spoke to reg the booking was Karen, she was very warm and friendly and so so helpful! We flew second time lucky as the first booking had to be cancelled due to high winds - I want to just add that anyone booking a Balloon flight please please remember that this is a hobby / treat that does depend of the weather so dont be put off by people telling you that it will take loads of attempts before you will actually get up in the air. The year 2012 was a wet one so you can see why many flights didnt go ahead, 2013 seems loads better so far & we actually had many many dates that were available but it was us that couldnt fit them in!
You have to understand that it has to be safe up there & you wouldnt want to fly with a company who dont take these risks into consideration. I have to say that we were extremely impressed with British School of Ballooning. We had a wonderful evening, it started by meeting our pilot and the ground crew, helping them with getting the Balloon out of its bag and open it up in the field......then there was the climbing into the basket and then up up and away!!! It was magical, soooooo peaceful and relaxing up in the sky. We flew with several others, some were couples and some were on their own - this didnt matter as you all get chatting to each other anyway so if you are thinking its something you want to experience but your friends wont go with you just book it for your self as you will feel so relaxed from the word go. This is a gift you can give to anyone whatever age or abilitys. We landed in the TopGear race track which was great fun and had a good laugh helping to pack up the Balloon, we then watched the sun set while having a few glasses of champers! All in all it was brilliant and I would highly recommend this company. Happy flying....x

Been to British School of Ballooning? Share your experiences!