“THE Place to Stay in Farmville”

Hampton Inn Farmville
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Farmville
Cleveland, Ohio
“THE Place to Stay in Farmville”
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Came to Farmville to check out the "discount" furniture at Green Front Furniture. The Hampton is really the only place to stay in the area. This is farm country without a lot happening in the area, except the college and the furniture.

It's an older Hampton, but decently kept up. Our bathroom arrangement was a bit odd - it had a large shower with a door that swung out, and only a teeny shelf for your bath supplies. In the bathroom wall behind the door were cubby holes for the coffee maker and towels. Also, there were no hooks near the sink, the only hook was a number of steps away near the toilet, not handy at all for hanging your face towel or toiletry bag.

The check-in staff were helpful with dinner recommendations. For breakfast, the fruit selection was unusual for a Hampton. Instead of the usual fruit salad, there was fresh berries with vanilla cream. A nice, different touch. Also, the breakfast lady was really nice - she even came to our table to see what we needed. Later, she saw my husband in the work-out area and gave him a bottle of water!

The pool area was nicely kept - an outdoor shower available and potted flowers around. But beware - it's not heated - very cold in the evening, even after a hot day in the 80sF.

I was glad we stayed here on Hampton points. They were charging $120/night during Memorial Day weekend, which I felt was a bit high for this particular Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank swaninthepark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Mid-Atlantic
Reviewed March 1, 2009

Can't remember the last time I stayed in a hotel where everything was perfect....this Hampton Inn sets the standard! We were in town for the French Film Festival at the college and also enjoyed a tasty meal at The Bakery cafe. Thanks for delightful stay in Farmville!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
johntfarrar, General Manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this review, March 6, 2009
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of the Hampton Inn Farmville. I will share this with my staff and let them know that they are appreciated! We can't hear compliments like this enough and we really care about our guests and the many lovely people we get a chance to meet here in farmville. We look forward to your next visit with us and hope to make it an ever better experience for you and your family! Thanks Again, John Farrar and the staff of Hampton Inn Farmville.
Virginia
Reviewed January 17, 2009

We had a wonderful stay here. The check in was done in seconds by a friendly woman who offered fresh cookies.
The room was perfect.
Breakfast was fabulous, the woman taking care of breakfast was also quite friendly.

We travel to Farmville often. Hampton Inn will always be our first choice!

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Houston
Reviewed November 9, 2008

I had to be in Farmville for a few days in late September -early October. I booked a king room at the Hampton Inn. This was a lovely, clean, comfortable and friendly place to stay. The bed was very comfy. The bathroom was roomy and well stocked with plush towels and bath rug. The room had an ample work desk and a refrigerator. There were an ironing board and iron and - removable hangers! There was a coffee pot with a single serve mechanism that was new and tricky but I prefer the "old fashioned" small glass pot. The buffet breakfast was really very good: you could go off your diet completely or stay totally on it. The lady tending the breakfast bar was pleasant and only more than ready to help and serve you in any way. I could not believe the breakfast was included in the room rate. The front desk was pleasant, helpful and courteous. No surly, tired and disgruntled personnel anywhere as far as I could see! This is a real gem. Now if only Farmville could get some decent restaurants it might become a "destination"!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Very little
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
johntfarrar, manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this review, November 11, 2008
Thank You for such a wonderful review!! I am so pleased to hear about your fine stay with the Hampton Inn Farmville. All of our staff is totally committed to giving outstanding SERVICE. They really love their jobs and it shows! We love our guests and look forward to your next visit with us here in Farmville! I will be sure to pass this review on to my staff and let them know that they are doing things right and should be proudof themselves .

john farrar gm
Middletown, VA
Reviewed September 1, 2008

The Hampton was lovely! The front desk staff was friendly, quick and helpful. The room was spacious and beautifully decorated. The bathroom (our's was handicap accessible) was very large. The bed and bedding was ultra comfortable. Our breakfast was very good. Our only complaint was the heavy smoke smell to our room. The only room left was smoking. We are non-smokers. We knew this when we booked. After being in the room for a few minutes, turning on the air/fan and room ionizer provided by the Hampton, we didn't smell the smoke any more. We left the Hampton Inn deciding that if we were to come back to Farmville, we would definitely want to stay there again! Thanks for the great stay!

• Liked — Comfortable Room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
johntfarrar, General Manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this review, September 2, 2008
Thanks so much for such a great review!!! Please come back and see us again when you are back in Farmville. I am a trip advisor user myself and I rely on what people have to say about hotels when I am traveling.

It really means a lot to hear how much you and your family enjoyed our Hampton Inn. I am sorry that you had to stay in a smoking room, I am also happy to hear that my staff was friendly and accommodating.

We are striving hard each day to exceed our guests expectations, and we love to hear this kind of feedback, that is what makes it so great to be in the hospitality industry!

Thanks Again,

John Farrar
Omaha
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Farmville is a great place to stop if you are in Central Virginia - we chose it as a stopping point between Richmond and Appomattox Courthouse. The hotel is very nice! The rooms are very clean and well decorated, and they have a nice outdoor pool. The day we were there, the staff sponsored a cookout with a band. It was a very pleasant surprise. This was a great value!!

Stayed May 2008
johnfarmville, General Manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this review, June 5, 2008
Suzi-Q,

Thank you so much for your terrific response! I am glad that you enjoyed our Hampton Inn and the Managers Reception. I am a Tripadvisor user myself for when my family and I travel.

Our entire staff is truly wonderful, but we love hearing that we are doing things right! Please come back and see us again when you are back in the area.

Thanks Again,

John Farrar
Maryland
Reviewed March 30, 2008

Hampton Inn Farmville is a clean, comfortable hotel. Hotel staff is generous with southern charm and politeness. Easy to find and conveniently located within the small college town. Eventhough my hotel stay was arranged by corporate travel agent, I would stay there without hesitation if on a personal trip.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmville
Quality inn
Amelia Inn & Suites
Amelia Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Amelia Court House
Maysville Manor Bed & Breakfast

Been to Hampton Inn Farmville? Share your experiences!