“Farmville, VA”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Farmville
Virginia Beach, United States
“Farmville, VA”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nicest hotel in the area!! Very clean, and the staff is friendly. Easy to get to. Close to Longwood University and the shopping areas. Restaurants in the area. Have stayed there multiple times over several years and have always enjoyed my stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit with us in Farmville:)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Family visit of daughter at Longwood University for a family day sorority event. This is the nicest hotel in the area. Very pleasant stay - nice rooms and service. Would stay again, even if a little pricey for the brand.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

johntfarrar, General Manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for writing such a wonderful review! I am so happy to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed our Hampton Inn. We look forward to your next visit to Farmville:)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed April 15, 2013

When we checked into the hotel, the front desk people were very nice. The value is average, the rate could probably be lower. The breakfast area was one of the best ones I have ever seen. It was nice to have separate areas for people getting their food and for people who were eating. Unfortunately, the location left a bit to be desired. It is not near any Farmville attractions or restaurants. Overall, it is a pretty good hotel for such a rural locale.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for such a wonderful review....Im glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was extra friendly and nice:) We pride ourselves on our Service and it is always great to be recognized for giving our best. I will share this with our entire staff and let them know that they are appreciated.
South Carolina
Reviewed April 4, 2013

There are a couple of other older, less desirable hotels in town, but this is really the best choice. They are doing some things really well. Check in was great, and a change in handling the bill was handled quickly and with ease. The breakfast area was clean, and re-stocked often (and while I was there a couple of lacrosse teams were staying there, so re-stocking the breakfast bar was not an easy task). The room was large, with Hampton Inn beds and linens that I expect. But, the tub was not as clean as I am used to in most Hamptons, with a little mold showing. I am not convinced that the sheets had been changed, either--nothing bad, just a little musty. So, while they are doing a lot of things really well, it could be improved. I hope that being the only game in town

1 Thank sclawyer
Thanks for taking time to let us know how we are doing .....Im glad to hear that you had a great stay with us and we look forward to your next visit to Farmville.
Whitehall, Ohio, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stay here for business in Keysville, VA. This is one of the closest hotels to my seminar. On two separate occasions I have had problems checking in early. I normally arrive in town between 1 and 2pm. Both times I had been told that my room wasn't ready. I am a diamond member with the Hilton Honors group and feel that I should get preferential treatment. I do travel about 250 days per year. I know that they were trying to give me the room in which I had booked but I would have settled for any room at that point. I was very tired and still had a lot of work to do as well as a meeting later that night. I was not offered a different room that was ready. I was only told that I could use their lounge until my room was ready. The staff here is as everyone else has stated is excellent. They did apologize that my room was not ready. I travel to this hotel about 9 times per year. The updates and renovations are wonderful and the rooms are always great. I will consider other options next month when I am in town.

Room Tip: Top floor is always the best due to being the quietest. They are also much warmer in the winter so t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Duane T
Thanks for taking time to let us know how we are doing....I'm apologize that you were you were not able to check in early during your last stay. I have talked with my staff and we will make sure you are taken care of next time. Hope to see you soon:)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel staff was fabulous during our unexpected stay in Farmville. The check in process was flawless. While working out the breakfast hostess brought me a bottle of water and offered some encouraging words. I was totally impressed with the small town hospitality!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
John F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I am glad that you chose the Hampton Inn. I will let Debra (breakfast hostess) know how much you appreciated her and make sure she gets the recognition she deserves....I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and we look forward to your next visit to Farmville:)
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed March 11, 2013

On a Trip for a baseball tournament at Hampden Sydney University beginning of MArch. I was happy to book a stay for at least one night of the 2 during my stay in Farmville. By far the best hotel in Farmville and the staff was very courteous and the overall cleanliness and quality of the rooms was very good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Im happy to hear that you had a great stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Farmville. We love hosting visiting families and are happy to know that we are doing things right. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay and we look forward to your next visit to Farmville!!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmville
Quality inn
Quality inn
#2 of 5 in Farmville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Burkeville
Maysville Manor Bed & Breakfast

Been to Hampton Inn Farmville? Share your experiences!