Hampton Inn Farmville
Quality inn(Farmville)
Farmville Motel(Farmville)
Quality Inn(Burkeville)
View Hotel
Amelia Inn & Suites(Amelia Court House)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewslongwood universityplace to staybreakfast ladycollege visitgreat hotelcomplimentary breakfast ismovie theaterhampden sydneyclean roomsbreakfast barwafflesthe hotel staffwonderful staybusiness tripfitness centerwould definitely stay here againvirginia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2012

This Hampton Inn looks clean and new. The parking lot feels secure for people and vehicles. The front desk staff is nice although my contact with them was limited. Breakfast was adequate but the apples tasted too old to eat. Our first floor room was clean. The fridge, heat and TV worked.
This place is much more attractive, clean and comfortable than the Super 8 motel in town where we usually stay. The Super 8 charges about 60% of the Hampton Inn's prices. May as well pay up and enjoy our stay. The Inn is often fully booked it seems because it is the nicest place in town. For the same reason, rooms are priced a bit higher than I would expect in a town this size. Until there is some nearby competition, we will stay at the Hampton Inn when we come to town to visit family.
I paid for one night and used my Hilton Rewards points for a second night without a problem.

Room Tip: You may hear your neighbors because the walls are thin.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
John F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank You so much for your review of our hotel, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

It's been quite awhile since I've stayed in a Hampton property as I usually favor them over the Holiday Inn (Priority Club) family hotels and I wasn't let down. I travel frequently on business and Hamptons generally seem more business friendly at least in my book.

This location is only a few years old and its very well kept, both inside and out. As others said, the walls and doors are on the thin side, so sound does travel easily here. Echoing what Katie said in her review, the door banging here it out of control amongst the housekeepers. This is my number one pet peeve of staying in hotels. Can't they prop the door open with a doorstop? I've seen some locations use a washcloth on the carpet as well. Simple right? With the thin doors & walls you can hear the banging start several doors down. I did speak to one housekeeper about it, but it's not something I should have to do each of my ten days here.

Customer service is of usual high quality as is the general overall appearance. Breakfast is good and the ladies do a great job of keeping up. The location is on the edge of town so you won't have to worry about fighting traffic. The gym equipment is good, the internet is reliable and although there's not a great selection of TV channels on the flat screen, it's enough to keep you entertained. The beds are awesome as always. I'm asleep with minutes in a Hampton.

Overall a nice place in a small town, minus the door banging of course.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pinlifter
John F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing.....I have spoken with my entire Housekeeping Staff to make sure they are aware of the slamming of doors. I was glad to hear about our outstanding customer service :) We really pride ourselves on our Service and its great to hear that we are doing something right!!! I hope you will come and stay with us again the next time you are in Farmville.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm currently on night 3 of a 5 night stay. It's 9:45 PM. There have been loud slams and bangs for the past hour in rooms around me. I thought it was other guests but a few minutes ago, I ran out to my car and realized it's actually the HOUSEKEEPERS- their carts and vacuums are in the hallway! And they're talking very loudly to one another. I literally can't believe it. Not to mention the past 2 nights I've been able to hear EVERYTHING my neighbors have said through the paper thin walls. When I booked this room, there were only suites available, so I had to pay $170+ per night, which in my opinion is outrageous. I would expect a much better experience here. The room is spacious and comfortable, that's undeniable, but that's about the best I can say. And what does it matter that the room is comfortable if I can't sleep or relax because of all of the noise?! Also, seeing as how after tax and some sort of room deposit ($150), I'm spending over $1000, I would expect the service to be impeccable. Hardly the case. I much, MUCH prefer the Holiday Inn chains that I stay in whenever possible. I will be sure to stay at another hotel next time I'm here on business, even if I have to drive longer to get to the meetings. It's not worth it.

• Stayed: October 2012
John F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Katie,

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I undertand that the noise was an issue during your time with us. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and will definately address our housekeeping staff in regard to this matter. I do hope the next time you return to the area you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

The staff at this hotel are extremely nice and accommodating. I had to change our original reservation to a different night, and this went very smoothly. The breakfast had hot foods and fresh fruit. The room size was quite large. I would definitely stay here again,.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buckeyeblazer
John F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Wow!!! What a great Review:) I really appreciate you taking time to let us know we are doing something right! I will let everyone on my staff how much you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit with us in Farmville.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

We enjoyed our stay there, it was freshmen move in day at Longwood and the staff was very helpful. We had questions about rooms for Parent Weekend (as did others) and they were trying to help us with rooms (sadly already booked). But our room was great and we had a wonderful breakfast. They had a lot to offer, waffles,fruit,ceral,eggs and sausage and so much more. Everyone was so friendly and the hotel was very clean. We will be there again, this weekend. Looking forward to a great stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara C
John F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Farmville, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank You so much for such a wonderful review! I will share this review with my entire staff and we look forward to your next visit with usn at the Hampton Inn Farmville.