“Great sandwiches”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Bakery
Cuisines: French
Description: A French/Belgian style bakery and sandwich shop that makes fresh bread and pastries daily. Also sells wine, cheese, and other items. Phone 434-395-1011
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had a turkey club and my husband had a ham and cheese, each came on an baguette, and were served with a wedding cookie. Both were really good! It did take some time to be served, so if you in a hurry this is not the place to stop.

Its a really nice shop and the food was yum, so I hope The Bakery makes it.

1  Thank Barb C

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Excellent food--absolutely delicious! But, a little overpriced. And, you have to wait a long, long time. It's not practical for a lunch break from work, but the bread is delicious and the pastries are heavenly! I will come back, but perhaps I will call it in ahead of time.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Cute cafe with lots of veggie options. Good quality ingredients. Close to High Bridge trail. Your only other sandwich options in this town are grocery stores, Wal*Mart, or Sheetz. Support this local gem instead.

1  Thank k s
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My mother and I stopped by the bakery on our way home. She ordered a simple mozerlla and tomato basil sandwich which requires no cooking whatsoever. The sandwich took 40 minute to be brought out to us, and upon inquiring for the 3rd time if it would be out soon, one of the women from the back came out just to tell me that I had not been waiting that long and to calm down because the sandwich would be out eventually. Two other couples who had arrived 10 minutes after us had both recieved their meals before we did as well. We will not be coming back to this place. The food is not worth the wait and being given attitude by the staff. We expect to wait for our food, but 40 minutes for a sandwich is ridiculous.

2  Thank KittyKAlex
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a true French bakery. The bread, coffee, and pastries are excellent. The food is very good, but don't be in a hurry. When it's crowded, it could take you 10 minutes to get a cup of coffee.