“Perfect for the Business Traveler”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Farmville
The Inn on the Avenues
Ranked #1 of 3 Farmville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here for the first time while in town for business. I am tired of the chain hotels.

Everything I needed was here. wifi, electrical outlets, hangers, private bath, complimentary water, etc. You name it they had it. The property is located on a quiet street. I enjoyed the front porch in the evening and the early morning. Nicely appointed. Janie and Ann were very nice and friendly. Breakfast was wonderful. They were very accommodating with my diet needs. There is no comparison with the chain hotel in town.

This will be my stop when in the area for future business.

I strongly recommend The Inn on the Avenues.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank redavis2

Reviewed June 21, 2013

My parents and I traveled to Farmville, VA to shop at the Green Front furniture complex. Our 2-night stay at the Inn on the Avenues was delightful. Janie, Ann and Cotton (the lovely English setter) greeted us at the door upon our arrival. The home is lovely with nice furnishings. Although we turned down afternoon snacks (we ate late lunches both days), we enjoyed fresh-baked cookies and complimentary sodas and snacks during the late evenings. This is a very clean B&B with attention paid to detail in ensuring the comfort of the traveler. We had the BEST breakfast I have ever had at a B&B. Janie and Ann are terrific cooks and the food was plentiful (and the reason we had late lunches!). The cost was very reasonable for the service and accommodations. We highly recommend this B&B! Thanks, Janie and Ann!

Room Tip: There are only 3 and all 3 were nice. The Hunt Room is cosy. The other 2 rooms very sunny
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bigeye149
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed here August 2012 for a weekend away from our boys. It was an absolute delight. We enjoyed Janie and Ann and think about our time with them often. The breakfasts were the nicest I have ever had. (Don't tell anyone in my family though!) Almost every Saturday morning I think about their breakfast as I trudge downstairs to make my pancakes from a box mix. Farmville is a cute little town and we explored it, but found ourselves wanting to just relax and chill at the Inn. Our room was quiet and so comfortable. One of our favorite memories is sitting on the porch having wine, cheese, and crackers with our hosts. We'll go back, not for the town of Farmville, but for this wonderful B&B. Maybe we can convince our 5 and 7 year olds to attend school here. Can we book for graduation weekend 2028 yet?

Room Tip: Book Early for move-in/move out, graduation, and parent's weekends for the local colleges.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We had an excellent one night stay on June 5 at The Inn on the Avenues in Farmville, VA. The house was charming, the room well out-fitted and the amenities, including breakfast exceptional. A real bargain too. Run by daughter/mother who could not have been more gracious.

John & Melissa

Room Tip: We stayed in Hurst Room - - - very nice
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2013

From our arrival to our departure we were treated very well - beyond our expectations. Janie and Ann are the consummate hosts. The Inn is well appointed and the rooms are spacious and inviting. We stayed in the Daisy Room which was bright and very comfortable. They served a delicious gourmet breakfast both mornings. We enjoyed visiting with both of them and also with Cotton, the official mascot. We would highly recommend the Inn and look forward to another opportunity to stay with them.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Connie H
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Where to start? With Cotton, of course, who makes you know you're at home right away. And right after him, Janie and Ann, who are impeccable hosts, able to make you feel at home in a magnificent space, and simply demonstrate all the best of down-home living and generosity. I've lost count of my visits. I am most decidedly NOT a morning person, but breakfast here is a treat that makes even me ready to start the day. Easy location to find, and the rest of town is a light stroll away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CornerWriter
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of B&B's and this one is superior. Wonderfully furnished - Janie, her mom Ann, and dog Cotton made us feel at home and welcome. Clean and comfortable. Beddding and bed very comfortable. They've thought of everything for the comfort of their guests and it shows. Breakfast was beautifully presented, well-prepared, and delicious. I'd recommend the Inn on the Avenues to anyone, we'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked to be lovely. We stayed in the "Daisy" room and it was delightful.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JustaMaven

Been to The Inn on the Avenues? Share your experiences!