“Wow! Fabulous food.”

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow! Fabulous food.”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Took our son here for his birthday. The service and food was excellent. My son ordered the prime rib, my husband ordered the pork medallion special and I had the club salad. All were delicious and the prime rib was perfect. The dessert tray was chocolate heaven.

Visited September 2012

Richmond, Virginia
“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is an awesome place for Farmville. The food is always good, and the prices are fair. The pasta bar and brunch are crowd pleasers - and I highly recommend both. Wednesday night and Sunday morning. GO! The waitstaff is friendly, and the atmosphere is classic. It is tucked away on the edge of Farmville and is a great escape for students, and families alike.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Emily C
“Charleys could use some competition in Farmville”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We went to Charleys both of the nights we were in Farmville...mostly because restaurant dinner options are really limited. The first night our meals were okay, and the service was friendly and helpful. It was extremely hot outside...over 100...so we didn't sit on the small deck overlooking the river. We were seated by a window on the platform where bands perform. The whole place felt like it could use a good cleaning and some updating and repair. The second night, again, the service was very friendly and helpful, but the food was a real disppointment; the ribs were terrible. I know, he should have sent them back...the offer was made. But my food was on the table and he didn't. The restaurant has some good things good for it...a good location, some very nice wait staff...and virtually no competition. They should take advantage of this competive advantage and step up their game and fill the void in Farmville for a 'fine dining' experience...they can still have a bar/pub area for those looking for more informal dining--but formal or informal...consistently good food has got to be a priority.

• Visited July 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“Overpriced for less than average food”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were there last Friday. Food can be disgusting, but this night it was average. Place dOirty inside , nice outside overlooking a creek.

1 Thank Rocky423
Rockville, MD
“worth a stop if you are in the area”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I were driving from Durham, NC, to the Charlottesville, VA, area on the way to an inn, and the innkeeper suggested Charleys as a lunch stop en route. We were looking forward to sitting on the deck overlooking the creek (or river), but it was too hot to be outside so instead we sat in the bar dining area by the window with almost the same view as the deck. Aside from a couple of people at the bar, we were the only people eating in that area so it was quiet and relaxing.

The menu has several hearty appetizers (potato skins, spicy wings, shrimp hushpuppies, quesadillas, etc.) and sandwiches (standard deli style plus a couple of interesting variations), as well as several soups and salads. We wanted to eat light so just ordered the Tuscan Oriental Fusion Ahi Tuna Tacos from the appetizer menu and the Strawberry Field Salad (with sauteed shrimp added) from the salad menu. The tacos were served with a side of bruschetta, soy sauce, and wasabi sour cream. The tuna tasted fresh and the taco tasted OK, though even with the bruschetta it seemed a little bland (I probably should have added the wasabi sour cream but forgot). The tacos were listed on the menu as $11, and the waiter said they had to add $1.50 to the price because of a tuna shortage. I said OK because I didn't see anything else I wanted to order, but $12.50 is pretty expensive for an appetizer (there were 3 tacos in the order). My husband's salad was $11 (would have been $7 without the shrimp) and very tasty, with a decent amount of good strawberry slices.

The friendly waiter gave us suggestions for scenic hiking near the restaurant, which we would have liked to do if we had more time and it wasn't so hot. If we are ever in the area again we would definitely stop here for a meal.

• Visited June 2012