“Overnight Stay Longwood Family Weekend”
Review of Days Inn Farmville

Days Inn Farmville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Farmville
Vienna, Virginia
“Overnight Stay Longwood Family Weekend”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Have stayed at Hampton Inn and Comfort Inn prior to this past weekend and see no reason not to include Days Inn in your Farmville, VA hotel choices. Staff was nice, choice of 1st or 2nd floor rooms. It is an older hotel so you could nitpick about caulk in bathroom or small stain in ceiling, but these are minor in what we are looking for in a hotel room. The room was clean, the beds were nice, the ac worked like a champ in keeping the room cool. No issues with wi-fi availability...one of the best connections have had in a hotel lately. We stayed on the 2nd floor, so you do have to use the stairs, but it's for a weekend, so carrying a bag up a flight of stairs was not an issue. The tv is not a flatscreen but we were not down here to watch HDTV, but the reception and channel selection were fine. They offer breakfast but the seating area is shared with the hotel lobby, which is small, so seating is limited to about 12 people.

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms are accessed directly from outside, 2nd floor rooms have inside hallway access. No...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
James C, General Manager at Days Inn Farmville, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to tell us about your stay at Days Inn Farmville. I am so glad to hear you had a great stay. We are currently updating our hotel with new televisions and etc. I will definitely share your comment with my team. We hope to you see again on your next visit to Farmville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Farmville, Virginia
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed the first night in Super 8 across the street. Conditions were deplorable there. We called Days Inn and were fortunate enough to get a room for our 2nd night. We were able to get a smoke free room. The price was about 30% higher but the quality difference was 100% better. Tiffany and the rest of the staff there were fantastic. Very customer service oriented. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for telling us about your stay at Days Inn Farmville. I am so happy to hear that you a wonderful stay with us. We strive our best to offer clean rooms and outstanding customer service. I will definitely share your survey with my team and we hope to see you again on your next visit.
Lubbock
Reviewed September 16, 2013

First off, when we went to our room our door was left open with the saftey latch by the housekeeper. We had a non-smoking room and guess what is smelled like, we even found a small cigar by our bedskirt. There was some sticky, (looked like spolt soda) all over the telephone and night stand. Restroom smelt SOUR!! there was mold in the tub as well as on the shower curtain. when i went to get under the covers I realized the top comforter had nasty dirty red and brown stains. so upon inspecting the bed I found private hairs in one bed, so one of the beds was obviously used. When we called the front desk the did not seem to care. Did not offer an apology or assistance with the room cleaningliss issures awe had. We left to get something to eat as due to our long travels I was starving. when we returned our key would not work. We tried it multiple times before my fiance decided to tell anyone. They made us a new key and every time it would not work. finally the front desk girl called her manager. we told her about our other issues and moved us rooms. This one had a dehumidifier and it smelled clean and wonderful. The restroom smelt sour but was clean. We ran into the manager trying to fix the lock on our old room while we were moving and informed him about the issues he shrugged it off and ignored us. I was fairly disappointed. I had read great reviews about this place and after some convincing I had our whole family and Congregation stay here. I feel tricked. Oh and don't swim here while the kids were in the pool a tree branch almost busted open my nephews head not to mention it was filthy with pine needles and when they went to "clean" it they thru a water hose in it and said that's the best they could do. We were disgusted to say the least. Like I said our second room was decent enough for us to stay seeing as all the other motels in town were also full due to the college getting back for the semester. Do not stay they don't care unless they feel threaten and at that the very least of concern for your stay. I will also be contacting Wyndham because this ruined our mini- vaca/ fam reunion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for informing us about your stay at Days Inn Farmville. I do apologize for your experience you had with your room and pool. My team will continue to deep clean so we can provide clean and comfortable rooms. We have training all of our team to provide best customer and care about each of our guest. I will share your comment with my team. We hope you will stay with us so you can see our improvements.

Travelers are raving about these Farmville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmville
Quality inn
Longacre
Longacre
#2 of 4 in Appomattox
Babcock House Bed and Breakfast Inn

Been to Days Inn Farmville? Share your experiences!