“Rip off price!!!! Big city prices in a little town.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Farmville

Days Inn Farmville
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Farmville
Fairfax, Virginia
“Rip off price!!!! Big city prices in a little town.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2011

The motel is just ok, at best, and I am a serious veteran traveler who is actually quite easy to please! I can put up with a lot, but this left me so pissed that I am writing this! I paid $150 for a room (single) in September, 2011, From experience, I would say this should have been MAXIMUM a $70-75 room. It was, apparently, parents' day weekend at Ham-Syd (not why I was there) so I guess the owners felt ok in gouging - but they charge a lot ($90-100+) regularly. There's nothing special or nice, although the check in clerk (David?) was friendly and competent. Honestly, you get nothing nice, just a standard Days Inn in the middle of a rural area. Nothing really wrong with the room, but nothing woth $150. Breakfast was crap. It'll be interesting to see whether the owner responds to this.

Room Tip: Higher floor is quieter and has inside access. It is right on a main (THE main) road so it is conven...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melvin S, General Manager at Days Inn Farmville, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us and I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!

Again, thank you for completing our review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 434.392.6611.

Melvin Sprague
Days Inn Farmville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is the only hotel left in Farmville and all they had left was a smoking room. I thought it can't possibly be too bad after reading some positive reviews. The smell in the hallway as well as the room was horrible. The windows do not open so we were left to breath the dirty leftover smoke for the night. We checked in around 10 and I was up by 6 so that I could leave. The condition of the room was also awful. There was a blood stain on the sheets as well as burn holes in the blanket and bedspread. The rate of $98 was unbelievable for the condition of the room. I had stayed at a Hampton Inn the previous weekend in NC for the same price and it was luxurious compared to this! I will stay an hour away next time if this is my only choice left in Farmville. Also, the noise was horrible. Very thin walls so you can hear every word next door. We listened to an arguing couple until 2:30 in the morning.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Farmville hotels

Madison Heights, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

We always look for pet friendly hotels and this one was not only that but the staff were also very friendly and hospitable to us. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, and were very patient when I couldn't make it out by the exact check-out time. The only improvement should be to make sure the continental breakfast has more variety, more than just muffins! But it was not a big deal as we go out for breakfast anyhow.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2011

First, a positive comment: The young lady who was working at the front desk was quite polite and helpful. When I needed the use of an iron, she loaned one to me, and when I needed an ice bucket for my room (since mine was missing), she went into another room and got one for me. (There were no extra ice buckets to be found in the main office.)
Now, for the not-so-positive comments. This property was filthy. My room had what looked like pieces of black plastic scattered around on the floor and the paper wrapping from a cup thrown into a corner. The room obviously hadn't been vacuumed after the previous occupants had checked out. The sink was dirty, and part of the decorative faucet piece was missing, with dirt encrusted in the open space. My bathroom's light bulb had burned out, so I had to shower in the dark. Everything in the room (except for the TV) looked OLD and DIRTY. The carpet (when I made the mistake of taking my slippers off... yuck), was very damp; there was a humidifier in the room, so I guess there was a problem with moisture. To be honest, I never would have stayed in this dump after seeing the room, but I was in the area for my college reunion, and other hotels I had called were totally booked. The outside of the property was rather trashy looking, too. The area around the ice machine was just nasty. I ended up going to a local discount store and buying two canisters of disinfecting wipes; I used almost all of the wipes trying to clean up that nasty room. I've stayed in Days Inn properties before, and I've been generally satisfied. I'm NOT a "picky, picky" person, but this place was truly awful.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank LongwoodLady
Hertfordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

We spent one night here. The rooms are only accessed from the outside so security is a a bit of a worry. It was also rather noisy as the concrete corridor floor did not dampen the noise of passing feet.
The inclusive breakfast was in the small reception area. It was very poor - self service, polystyrene plates and very little to choose from.
We would not consider staying here again

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TaraInn, Manager at Days Inn Farmville, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
We are truly sorry that your experience at the Days Inn did not meet your expectations. We make it a practice to share all our guest’s comments with our staff and management team. It is through comments such as yours that we work to help improve guests’ experiences.
We thank you for your candidness. We’ve appreciated your business in the past and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.
Plumsteadville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

We were there over the Martin Luther King Jr Weekend and were very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the pleasantness of the staff! Hotel was very quiet, no noise from traffic could be heard from the room, easy to find location and the unexpected amenity of a refrigerator in our room was a big plus!!! In-room safe charge was removed immediately upon request at checkout. All in all it was a great experience, I will definitely be choosing Days Inn if I need to travel to Farmville in the future as it was perfect for our needs!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TaraInn, Manager at Days Inn Farmville, responded to this review, February 7, 2011
Thank you! Your feedback is very valuable to us. We do our best to make sure our guests are completely satisfied with their stay. We are pleased to have served you and your family. We look forward to doing business with you again, hopefully soon!! Again, thank you and have a wonderful day!!
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

First of all the rate is too much for the quality of service and the condition of the rooms. when we walked in the room it was so dim we could barely see we called the front desk to let them know they brought us the two bulbs and we had to put them in ourselves for $96.00 bucks they could have at least put in a light bulb! there were three of the smallest dingy pillows I have ever seen on a full size bed! The tub was digusting and the fixtures in the tub were even worse! the overall stay in that room was TERRIBLE! I WILL NEVER PAY AGAIN TO STAY AT THAT HOTEL! tHEY ARE IN NEED OF A MAJOR RENOVATION!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
TaraInn, Manager at Days Inn Farmville, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Thank you for posting a review of the Days Inn Farmville, VA on Trip Advisor! I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort that we caused you during your recent stay. Room cleanliness is expected in our guest rooms, and we clearly did not provide a quality product to you. Your comments will be utilized in the retraining process that we will provide to our staff so that this does not happen again. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to fulfill your lodging needs in future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farmville
Quality inn
#2 of 4 in Appomattox
Hampton Inn Farmville
Hampton Inn Farmville
#1 of 5 in Farmville

Been to Days Inn Farmville? Share your experiences!