“Just can't beat it”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fancy Gap
Lonesome Pine Cabins
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I have stayed at Lonesome Pine Cabins at least 5 times. Never have they been less than spotless. The gentleman in the office is fantastic, and very helpful, I think I'm in love :). The sun rises every morning at the front of your cabin. You can have your coffee while swinging or rocking, listening to birds, and watch the sun come up. The cabins now have Direct TV, with many channels. The cabins also have windows you can open to let the cool mountain breeze through. I have seen deer, turkeys, and a coyote while staying here. Each cabin also has its own grill and picnic table. If you want a peaceful, relaxing stay, this is the place to be.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeachMts
There are newer reviews for Lonesome Pine Cabins

Reviewed August 9, 2009

Our overnight stay at these cabins wasn't the worst, or best, I've ever had. It was, however, not very good. I found the cabin to be poorly arranged and somewhat difficult to make sense of the floor plan. Both the sofa and the bed faced the tub! The bed was next to the door and up against the bathroom wall. The kitchen, which was very poorly furnished with bits a pieces of 1970 era utensils was also littered with mouse feces. The refrigerator was lopsided and difficult to open and close. A mouse had also eaten one of the soap bars in the bathroom. While we never saw the little critter, I slept with one eye open! I passed it off as being our location in the middle of a field, but it also indicated that no one had checked out the cabin prior to our arrival.
Also, I think the price is too high. Having stayed the next two nights in a gorgeous B&B for $25 less per night, I will look elsewhere the next time I am in Fancy Gap.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wannabevirginian
Reviewed March 1, 2009

My mother has been frequenting these cabins for a number of years now and she recommended that my husband and I go for one weekend a month or so after the birth of our first child for a little Mommy and Daddy R&R! The cost was $105 a night for the particular cabin we stayed in dubbed the "The Pilot Mountain." The cabin was a 2 story, cozy little piece of Appalachian heaven! The cabin boasted a kitchen, electric fireplace, big jacuzzi for 2, front porch swing with a picturesque view of the Blue Ridge Mountains and an large upstairs window overlooking the mountains as well. It was so peaceful and serene and the view is breathtaking. My husband and I enjoyed a romantic evening of dinner, driving a little distance to The Pine Tavern in nearby Floyd County, a dip in the jacuzzi and then cuddle time on the swing. There is also a country store right near the driveway to the cabins property that provided many locally grown delicacies and groceries. The couple who owned the store were very friendly and we purchased food to make breakfast , a book written by a local author, and a cd by a local musician. The cabin was rustic yet clean and perfect for a couple's weekend getaway with no telephone, no busy city noises, no pushy tourists....just simple country life at it's best. I will definately be going there again!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lovesgrace
Reviewed February 13, 2009

Looking for a romantic getaway place for Labor Day weekend that would put us in close proximity to good roads for motocycling, my husband happened upon Lonesome Pine's web site. Located on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Fancy Gap, Virginia, this place is perfect for couples, whether you ride motorcycles or not (but extra perfect for those who do). Unfortunately you can't reserve a cabin online. You have to call. We were lucky that someone had cancelled for the usually booked up Labor Day weekend, so we were able to snag a cabin that had everything we could possibly need...queen size bed, kitchenette with small 'fridge, microwave, coffee maker (with coffee) and limited dishes) and sink, gas log fire place (one click of a switch and it's on or off), bathroom with plenty of towels, and a wonderful jacuzzi, complete with a bottle of bubble bath. Watch that you don't add more than half of that small bottle of bubbles though...the jets in the jacuzzi are very strong! The front porch had a swing and rocking chair so we could sit and gaze down the hill at the parkway and cows across the road. Very peaceful. There is a convenience store down the hill....doesn't sell alcohol though. Chateau Morrisette Winery is located close by as well as Mabry Mill. When you consider what some hotels charge for a nights stay, this place is absolutely a deal. Check in and check out were quick and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 3, 2007

Absolutely, beautiful and friendly place to stay. Watching the sun set and rise, while sipping coffee on the front porch will take yor breath away.

The surrounding area has many restaurants and places to shop.

It is the best place so far that my husband, son and I have stayed in. The mountains in the distance, cows grazing on the hills, created such a relaxing atmosphere.

We are planning to return in November and cannot wait.

nymunga@aol.com

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Winston Salem, NC
Reviewed February 16, 2004

I have stayed at alot of cabins before. This is very remote and the accomidations are wonderful. Each cabin has it's own jacuzzi, fireplace and a wonderful view. The winter at the cabins is breath taking. It sometimes snows so much that you can get snowed in. What more could a person ask for.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#2 of 2 in Fancy Gap
The Doctor's Inn
The Doctor's Inn
#1 of 3 in Galax

Been to Lonesome Pine Cabins? Share your experiences!