“A Gem Of A Deli In Fancy Gap!”

The Gap Deli at the Parkway
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Fancy Gap
Cuisines: American, Soups
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We ran across this deli, on a recent trip to the mountains. This is such a wonderful place! The surroundings are beautiful, and clean, and the food is delicious! They have the best homemade salads, and sandwiches! We ate there a couple of times, and enjoyed every bite. The staff are all so nice, and friendly. They welcome you, and make you feel at home the moment you walk in the door. It was a really nice day, so we ate outside in a beautiful garden type surrounding. This place is just the best. We can't wait to return to the area in the future, and we will definitely be eating here again!

2  Thank 84debb

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were traveling to Charleston several years ago when we stopped in for lunch. It was such a pleasant discovery. Later we couldn't remember which exit we had found this little bistro or even the name. Imagine our delight when we discovered it again on this vacation. A wonderful place to eat outdoors. Great menu!

1  Thank Patsy D
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Ya know those times when your traveling and you wish you knew someone around the area that can tell you about that one little deli that you must visit? Well I found that deli ...The Gap Deli ! What a nice cozy little deli , it's decorated nice and very clean (bathrooms too) and the servers are very friendly and the food...wow prob one of the best sandwiches I ever had! Prices are great, So fresh and good portions can't believe they don't charge more ! There's seating outside too . My husband is a meat eater and we both had the Monte Cristo and he was satisfied and said it was very good and said "Mmm" often :) I had the pasta on the side and that was very fresh & mild tasting, I also got the garlic basil pesto on the sandwich and that was sooo good! I can't wait till we travel again cause I will somehow make my way through Fancy Gap! Its a gem nestled in the mountains! Don't miss it !

2  Thank Taylor1995
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Cozy little deli, great patio seating! CLEAN! Wonderful atmosphere. Homemade soups/salads/deserts. Service is fast and with a smile, great quality food. Reasonable prices. Convenient location right off of route 52 and the entrance to the Blue Ridge Parkway, only a couple miles off of Interstate 77. This place is a gem! I highly recommend the homemade meatloaf, chicken salad, or the chicken and dumplings... and you cannot forget the Hummingbird cake!

2  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The other reviews of this restaurant sounded so good, we were exited to go. Unfortunately it was not what we expected. It was an average experience for us. We were especially disappointed that they no longer have a dinner menu, only a lunchtime menu, and they are only open until 7 pm.