“Good find”

Lakeview Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Fancy Gap
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good find”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Looking for a place to eat before getting onto the Blue Ridge Parkway, we stumbled onto this restaurant. It was small and friendly with a decent selection of breakfast and lunch items, good service and good prices. The salt and pepper catfish was excellent and the fried squash was a delicious side.

• Visited October 2013

STAFFORD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic value for money”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Very friendly and personal service, we did'nt know what pinto beans are (we are from England), so the waitress brought us a small sample. there are some very strange comments in the negative reviews. This place is a gem, and we are going back tomorrow morning for breakfast to get us on our way to Florida. Thanks lake View

• Visited October 2013
Roanoke, Virginia, USA
“Great Food On The Inside”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Proof that you cannot judge a book by its cover ... the Lakeview restaurant isn't much to look at on the outside. And it's no beauty queen on the inside either. Evidently, the lake that it was named for is no longer; or so small and overgrown, you just cannot see it anymore.

However, the food and service on the inside makes it well worth a stop. Located right near the junction of VA Hwy 52 and the Blue Ridge Parkway, it makes for a great food stop if your toodling down the BRP. The food is traditional American fare and it's all home-cooked. They often have Meatloaf on the menu -- just like your Mom used to make.

The Hoity-toity types will not like this place, and that's a plus for us normal people. Most down-to-earth folks won't object to the casual, quaint and family friendly atmosphere that awaits inside. If it were closer to the I-77 exit (Exit #8), there would be a lot more truck drivers pulling over to dine here.

The restrooms are very outdated and small, so you've been warned.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank T-Bone_Steaks
nc
“hope it gets better”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

granted we ate at the Lakeview during the Hillsville Virginia flea market weekend but.....there are too many problems to list but a few of the major ones are: watching 4 tables get their orders before us even though we had been seated long before they came in, having half-cooked meatloaf, my child's fried okra was still frozen inside, the service was horrible, and above all - the place was dirty. we had been regulars until several years when we ran into many of the same problems but friends had assured us that things had improved....guess we'll wait several more years to return. best choice in Fancy Gap if you're traveling the Parkway or highway 52 is the Gap Deli. Good food, quick service, pleasant surroundings!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank blueridgeva
Pine Mountain, Georgia
“Wonderful Country Cooking in a Quaint Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a quaint and simple restaurant that locals and those "in the know" frequent. The service is always friendly, helpful, and attentive. The food is real country cooking -- and the desserts are to die for. I've been eating here for several years because I drive the I-81, I-77, I-85 route to Atlanta, and the food is so good and prices so low that I stop no matter what time of day. If you're driving the Blue Ridge Parkway, they are only a block from it. My favorite is their fried catfish which is better than any I've had elsewhere - large fillets, crispy on the outside and done perfectly (not overdone) on the inside. The catfish comes with hush puppies (a little heavy for my taste), and two sides. Their creamy coleslaw is among the best I've ever had, and the green beans are terrific. I've also had their onion rings, which are steak sized and tasty. What I like best about this place besides the food is the fact that local people eat here and they are known by name to the staff, and treated like family. Heck they even treat Yankees like me like family!

• Visited August 2013