“A hidden jewel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fancy Gap
Taylors, South Carolina
“A hidden jewel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed at the Country View Inn in August 2011 on my way back from South Carolina. I was traveling alone and felt very safe and secure. Not like the Days Inn in Lexington, Va I stayed in on the way down. What a dirty dump! I will definitely stay here again. The room had beautiful elephant figurines and a large Japanese fan as wide as the king size bed on the wall. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I loved the little touches, including the open Gidean bible on the long table. It's always stuffed in the bedside table drawer. The lobby had wonderful handcrafted items and canned goods. I took some canned goods home with me. Also, fresh pound cake by the coffee machine. It was a great stay and I will definitely stay there on my way down to South Carolina again. It's a shame there are fewer motels like this anymore. It reminds me of the old days before the chain hotels.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Suzanne W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jonesboro, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I usually ride the Blue Ridge Parkway on my motorcycle once or twice a year. I have stayed at the Days Inn a half mile away, but had never stayed here until three years ago. Franky, the little narrow road and low price gave me visions of the Bates Motel in the movie Psycho. However, I saw an internet review and the place sounded OK. In the last three years I have stayed here maybe six times. So far I have had no problems. Everything is clean and it is reasonably quite, even though it is close to the Interstate. If you are outside you can hear the trucks on the interstate. but inside the rooms it is not noticeable. I could do with a few less stuffed animals in the room, but it does give it a homey feeling. Not much else at this exit. There is a convenience store close by which has hot food that is not too bad. A restaurant next to the parkway, about a mile away, is OK. The Lakeview I think. I see a lot of locals eating there. About eight miles north on the interstate is Hillsville. There are a lot of eating places there. Since it is only about a mile off the parkway, there are usually a few motorcyclist staying there. Mostly old guys like me. I plan to stay here again this fall when I ride the parkway.

Room Tip: I usually stay on the lower level for convenience even though the rooms are a little more.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank William D
Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

After arriving early for my fathers 70th birthday, i had tried to get a room for me, my wife who was 8 months pregnant and my 2 yr old and 9 yr old. This bozo puts us in a room on the top floor in the back of the motel at the end of the hallway facing the septic tank, quite the country view. After I offered to pay him to fix up a room on the bottom floor, he acted like I was the one being difficult. I showed him the respect I though he deserved but after the yes sirs and no sirs he still wasn't worth breath. This guy needs some serious people skillz. All these good reviews must be from people he knows or people used to staying in dumps. Homey touch, are you for real.

Room Tip: The Days Inn across the street was $10 more a night and very nice and clean, Cody at the front desk...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Inkslngr24
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed at this motel two nights over a recent vacation. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable. I enjoyed being greeted at the front door by two cats and a very pleasant owner. The TV selection isn't the greatest and there was no alarm clocks in either of the two rooms that I stayed in...but for $35 a night I couldn't be happier. I defiantly plan to stay here again

• Stayed April 2012
Lima, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

One of the cleanest, homey places you will ever stay at. It is furnished more like a bed and breakfast than a motel. Friendly owners, beautiful rooms, great prices, and a peaceful setting that will be hard to duplicate. Always the place I stay when passing through. Thanks for a great experience.

Room Tip: Check it out if you are in the area.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank droadrunner
New Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Pulled in late just needed a safe, clean room for a few hours of sleep. At $35 this fit our needs nicely. Tucked out of the way on a hill out boat and SUV were safe and everything was neat and clean. Homey touches throughout. Run by people of faith. Will return if we pass this way again and just need a break from the road.Thank you.

• Stayed June 2011
5 Thank Gulfquest
North Olmsted, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

We stayed here on two occasions, one week apart on our way to and from Myrtle Beach.
We found the owners pleasant and hospitable. The home-baked cookies and cake were an added plus. The tooms were clean, the bed comfortable. We had no problems with our reservations and will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Hillsville
Hampton Inn Hillsville
#2 of 8 in Hillsville
4.5 of 5 stars 374 reviews

Been to Country View Inn? Share your experiences!