“I love this museum, and you must talk to the owner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of White Oak Civil War Museum

White Oak Civil War Museum
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Falmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: Private Civil War museum.
Jacksonville, Illinois, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“I love this museum, and you must talk to the owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I've been to the museum many, many times, and it is one of my favorite places. It is in an old schoolhouse and you must meet D.P. Newton, the owner, and get his stories about the artifacts and the surrounding area.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MissSherlock

Stafford, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Family Visit to the White Oak Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The Museum was closed that day, but I would definitely drive back to walk through the museum - my sons enjoyed being outside at the displays that were on the grounds

Visited April 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Incredible collections - amazing knowledgable guys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting Fredericksburg where two of my ancestors fought for the Union Army in the Civil War. Happened across this museum after checking out a local magazine. Not only do they have an amazing collection of artifacts, but the guys are incredibly knowledgeable about the area and it's history. I mentioned the NJ 26th Volunteers and they provided info on the types of weapons the unit used, stories about a rivalry with the 2nd Vermont (involves eating dog - yikes!), and drew a map so my son and I could drive to the location of the winter encampment.

The collection of artifacts and documents (and knowledge) is far better than that found at any of the NPS sites. Highly recommend!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Andrew G
Detroit
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“What a collection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

An amazing collection of artifacts. Friendly, knowledgable volunteers take the time to walk with you and explain what you are seeing. Well worth the visit!

1 Thank dcarlin2000
Angola, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have visited this museum several times. I believe it is the best privately owned civil war museum I have ever been to. The curator has a wonderful knowledge of the area. Die-hard civil war buffs will love it.

Visited September 2012