“Good for business travelers”

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Stayed one night on a business trip. Check-in took a while at the front desk b/c I requested a quiet room and the clerk was trying to accomodate. To his credit, he did get me a quiet room on the 8th floor (away from elevators and not facing the interstate highway). It wasn't completely quiet, as you can hear doors slamming in the hallway, but it was probably the best he could do. My corp rate of $179 included a free continental breakfast buffet, which was excellent. Service was top notch. The Westin bed seemed to be a little "hard," not the way I remembered it, so I didn't sleep as well as I usually do. Also, the bathroom is kind of small. Fine for a solo traveler, but the space would be tight for two people to use the sink/mirror. This is clearly a renovated property (ugly on the outside), but they did a decent job. Flat screen TV in the room. Overally, a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed April 12, 2010

We stayed at this hotel due to its incredible online price from its own spg.com site, not other discounted travel sites such as priceline, hotwire, etc. We though we had a good deal until we checked into the hotel.

First impression, you could tell westin spent some money to renovate the lobby to make it more open and contemporary. Yet, the lobby area itself is small. It could be the smallest Westin Lobby I've ever experienced. Coupled with the Starbucks counter next to the lobby, there is not enough room for people to hang out near the area, which force people to conggregate around the elevators area. It might be convenient for people that stay for business, but for family who travels with young kids under the age of seven, it's a total nightmare.

I thought I would feel better about the hotel once I checked into my room. But I was not. The first room that we got was on the low floor facing exhaust fans. I called and requested to be moved to an SPG room on a higher floor with perhaps better view. I was told that the hotel was oversold and that was the only room available. They only provided SPG rooms to SPG members on a first come first serve basis. And I thought checking in at 2PM was early. The room decor was OK and enough to accomodate two adults and two kids. However, there were signs of wear and tear and the walls were so thin that you could hear people talking from next door.

The hotel was able to moved me to an SPG room for the next night. Higher floor, and better views. Same amenities. Could still people talking from next door though.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Traveled with two children and two adults. Originally booked just as a quick stop along the way down south that was in a nice area. Ended up staying until noon (the check out time) before packing up the car for the rest of the trip.

Rooms are very spacious. Beds were the most comfortable beds that we have slept in. Even the rollaway bed that we had to get in the room for one of the chidlren was just as comfy as the bed.

Pool and hot tub area is very nice but hours are not convienent if planning on swimming during the day pool hours were 630am-10am then opens again at 5pm-10pm.

Very safe and secure hotel.. one way in and one way out. Very friendly and attentive staff. We had towels and a bed delivered and it was delivered to us almost immeadiatly!

Also, showers were fantastic.. dual showerheads were amazing!

Very happy with this stay and may stay again on the way home!

Great shopping VERY close by and lots of restaurants too!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I traveled with a group to Washington, D. C. My trip experience was better than I expected it to be. The hotel was comfortable and clean. The rooms were spacious and the beds were very comfortable. What I don't like is that the walls are thin, and someone came to our room complaining about the noise. The breakfast every morning wasn't as good as I thought it would be. The bacon was overcooked and the scrambled eggs weren't cooked enough, but not to the point where people started getting sick. The gym is conveniently located next to the indoor pool. To enter the pool, you have to go through either the men's or women's locker rooms. Don't worry about bringing down a towel, as the hotel provides fresh towels in the locker rooms. The water was very warm and relaxing. Overall, I absolutely loved staying at this hotel and will definitely stay here again if I ever stay in the Washington, D. C. area.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed March 18, 2010

We had a rainy trip to this Westin, but the staff was really good. This hotel was newly renovated and it shows. The rooms are spacious. We had stayed at a Four Points the night before and upon checking into our room, my spouse said, "I really like Westin; a lot!" Another family member mentioned that this was her "kind of place." I got good compliments for picking out this Westin. There is construction going on and we happened to be next to a new baby crying, but we were too tired to notice it very much. We all sleep well. The dinner was fairly good. The bellmen were wonderful as we had a lot of luggage. There is a beautiful indoor pool there which we wanted to try out but again were too tired. We would definitely recommend this hotel to families.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I stayed in room 948. The view was overlooking a parking lot and construction across the street. That wouldn't have been so bad if there wasn't a highway in between - and you know DC traffic never stops. All night long I could hear cars whizzing by. Very loud, no sound barrier at all. I'd ask to stay on the other side of the hotel if possible.

Also, the hotel features at Starbucks and a "gift shop". Important to note: The Starbucks closes at noon or earlier each day, so don't go looking for afternoon coffee or refreshments. And the "gift shop" is little more than 2 foot insert in the wall, featuring nothing more than typical "did you forget?" items like travel sized shampoos, etc. No place to get a magazine or a grab a quick snack or drink in the hotel except in the morning.

The staff is fantastic - everyone was very nice and helpful.

The restaurant in the hotel has a limited and overpriced menu. Service is slow. Food is decent.

Overall the hotel is nice, comfortable and clean, but it is lacking in customer friendly things like Starbucks being open all day and an actual gift shop to grab snacks and drinks.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I've been coming to the Hotel every week(And really mean every week) for the past 18 months. 8/2008 - 2/2010 I have been very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and how willing they have been to help you when needed. I've been here long enough to come to know the majority of the staff and all strive to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. After a while, they become like family. My experience here has made enough of an impression that I would always pick this hotel when traveling to the area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
#11 of 15 in Tysons Corner
Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!