“Great Hotel”

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed December 20, 2008

We have just returned from Westin Tysons Corner. The hotel was magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. The front desk staff were extermely friendly. Great choice

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed November 27, 2008

I recently stayed at the Westin Hotel Tyson's Corner with a friend for 2 nights. We got an extremely good deal online, and after checking the reviews on tripadvisor - we knew we were on to a good thing! The hotel is a 15 min taxi ride from Dulles International Airport - costing aprox $40 in a taxi.

On arrival, the hotel looked good, check-in went smoothly, and the staff were professional and polite. The room was quite spacious (with 2 double beds) and generally clean and comfortable. The beds are so nice to lie on and we got a well needed sleep after a long day of travelling... Bathroom was very clean and well presented with a good power shower.

We intended to do as much shopping as possible whilst in Washington/Virginia. The hotel was a perfect base, just 5 minutes from Tyson's Corner Shopping Mall - which had every shop that you could want (particularly if you live in Ireland and you are visiting the U.S. on a shopping trip as we were!)... The hotel offers a free shuttle service to the mall which we found very useful and convient (although the mall is a cheap taxi ride away if you do decide to leave before the scheduled shuttle times). Again, we found the hotel staff who organize and drive the shuttle very pleasant to deal with.

We also got a taxi to the Potomac Mills outlet centre for yet more great shopping, costing us approx $40 in a taxi each way. But this was well worth it - unless you plan to rent a car.

The breakfast wasn't included in the price of the hotel room that we booked and the individual room service seemed quite expensive so we decided to eat at the foodcourt/restaurants at Tyson's Corner which worked out fine for us.

The hotel also offers a free shuttle to the nearest Metro station - Falls Church West. From here you can access the city centre tourist and sight-seeing areas.

Great hotel, great location for shopping and sight-seeing.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank crow84
Reviewed October 23, 2008

We stayed a couple of days at the Westin in Tyson's Corner. The room we had was newly remodeled. It had the Westin Heavenly Bed and the Westin Heavenly shower. The room had a nice neutral decor. The room also had a flat screen TV with some channels in HDTV. The front staff was pleasant and helpful when needed. Hotel is located about a 3-5 minute drive to the Metro stop. They do have shuttle service to the Metro stop (which we did not use). The hotel is confidently located near all of the Tyson's Square shopping (2-3 minute drive). There's free parking on site. Wired/wireless internet is extra. We would definitely stay here again especially since it's seems brand new after the remodel.

• Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 19, 2008

I was here in early October with my family for a business meeting and then for sightseeing with the family. The weather was gorgeous - you don't see many days like this DC (I used to live in the area...) We drove here from NJ and it is very conveniently located off the beltway.

Here are the things I liked:

* Free parking ( good thing, since the non business portion of our stay was on our tab)
* Close to supermarket , restaurants and shopping
* Can drive 1.5 miles to metro station and take train to DC
* The Westin bed and amenities (which others have already detailed)
* We booked a family special from the Internet for the night on our tab and it included free meals for kids w/ adult entree; Price was reasonable ($100/ night)- however it was not during peak tourist season.

My only complaint was the from desk staff:

There were some inconsistencies in the level of knowledge of the front desk help. When I checked in, the clerk there was very helpful. However, others I ran into during the stay were not so competent. For example, one desk clerk told me the water was free b/c I'm an SPG member. But later I found out from another clerk it was only for platinum SPG members. She agreed to take off the charge, but still information and training should be consistent. I similarly had an issue with the correct charge for the family special that I booked - food was free to the kids from the restaurant, but this was not automatically reflected in the bill. There was no hassle in getting it changed - just something seems amiss, when I have to constantly check and recheck everything.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2008

While the amenities at this hotel are okay, I had a huge problem with their staff. My party was never treated with respect. We were refused access to the elevators each morning and asked to take the stairs by a staff member. As a paying customer I find this appalling. We deserve to be treated the same as anyone else. Instead we felt like second rate citizens. I will never stay at another Westin when traveling. If they refuse to see everyone as equals then I refuse to recognize them as an outstanding hotel.

• Stayed: October 2008
1  Thank zoeygurl3
Reviewed October 4, 2008

My wife and I stayed here for a Friday and Saturday night stay to visit Tyson's Corner for shopping and food. The hotel did not disappoint.

From the heavinly bed, to the wonderful check in staff, to the friendly door man (should have asked his name), this hotel did not disappoint. This was the 3rd Westin I've stayed at this year and their service was exemplary at each one.

We stayed on the ninth floor. The hotel is right next to the beltway (495). So there is some traffic noise. I turned the AC in the room on witht the fan and it covered the noise though. It was a very slight sound but those who are used to perfect silence may notice. If this will bother you, ask for a room with an odd number. This will put you on the other side of the hotel.

Also, it did seem to me that I could hear other rooms' doors closing more loudly than other hotels. Maybe the walls are a little thinner? But I didn't hear any noise from neighboring rooms.

Thre is free parking for this Westin too. So that was nice. I just wish the hotel would offer free wireless internet in the rooms. Then it would be the perfect place to stay.

Overall it was a very good place to stay and I would definetly reccomend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2008

I recently needed a place for a quick overnight while work was being done in my house. I always enjoy the heavenly bed so I thought I would stay at a Westin. I was shocked to find that this Westin was only 81.50 when I logged on to the Westin’s site.

When I arrived I was somewhat disappointed because I realized that the reason I did not know this Westin was because it had been a former Doubletree. This disappointment ended the moment I walked into the lobby. I thought I had stepped into a “W” hotel instead of a Westin. It was hip and had no reflection of the old double tree.

When I entered my room it was set up as business class with of course my heavenly bed. I ordered room service and had yet another surprise. The food was so good I ate it all. I was a bit overstuffed.

This was a quick overnight that I would repeat in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
#11 of 15 in Tysons Corner
DoubleTree by Hilton McLean Tysons

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!