“Great location and overnight stay for a DC weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Tysons Corner

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Falls Church
Virginia
“Great location and overnight stay for a DC weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

We stayed at this Westin last weekend and had a very enjoyable stay. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I enjoyed the toiletries and the rain shower head which had great pressure. The staff at check-in were super friendly and made us feel welcome and at home from the moment we walked in. The pool area was clean and well-maintained.

My only complaint was noise from the parking lot during the night (other guests being very loud after a football game) but clearly not a fault of the hotel itself.

We'll definitely stay here again when in the Tyson's Corner area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you for your perfect review; we value your feedback tremendously. We’d like all guest stays to be perfect and we take enormous pride in our staff, service and location as well as in our product. Please accept my apology for the noise that was caused by other guests. Thank you again for your business and feedback.
Mark N.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Laurel, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Stayed here on a Friday night so as to avoid the long drive home after a concert at Wolf Trap, which is just a few minutes away from the hotel. The bed was sublimely comfortable, as always, but the room seemed tired in general (scuffs and snags on the furniture, worn carpet). We had a view of the Capital Beltway, and even with the shades and curtains pulled closed, we could hear traffic noise and the HVAC plant right outside our window.

Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. One of the major purposes of online reviews is to highlight areas of improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future. I was happy that you found our location convenient to Wolf trap and the Heavenly Bed is my favorite too. Thank you again for your kind comments; we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back in the near future

Vernon, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This is hotel is no where near Westin standards. The staff, although very friendly, was not very knowledgeable about the hotel shuttle, (stuck at the Metro stop for 45 minutes because of inaccurate information), local area, cabs, etc. The rooms leave a lot to be desired. The carpet was stained in multiple places with a questionable substance and paint was peeling from the ceiling of the bathroom. There is also a local clientele that hangs at the bar which seemed to have been shady in manner and made one feel very uncomfortable, something I'd expect to see if staying in a red light district. Only had breakfast at the hotel which was very good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 stars
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am dismayed to learn of your experiences at our Hotel. I can tell you that your experiences are an anomaly and wholly out of character for us. We take great pride not only in maintaining a pristine product and providing exceptional service. I would be grateful for the opportunity to speak with you direct and invite you to email me at mnamdar@westintysonscorner.com and I look forward to connecting with you.

Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Grabbed this room at the last minute. Great location. Room was comfortable. Found mascara & hair on pillow case, immediately pulled back comforter, other linens looked clean. (ditched this pillow for the night) Found numerous hairs in sink. Questionable cleaning of the room. Checked in late..exhausted, too tired request room change or report and move rooms. I'm confident I would have received a room change had I called. Starbucks has full service (oatmeal, fruit).

Room Tip: Free WIFI on WEEKENDS ONLY!!! WIFI for fee during weeknights.
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and sharing with us some areas where we can make improvements. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your comments about the Housekeeping issues you encountered in your guest room. Please feel free to contact me mnamdar@westintysonscorner.com
We hope you will choose to stay with us again if your travels bring you back to the area.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

I got this hotel through Hotwire with a good price:
Room size : good
Room : dark colors , old furniture, need to update
Bathroom : good
Hotel : good for business , was crowded and noisy self parking for free
room service: very good
wifi : not free

Room Tip: far from the left and ice machine
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood Hotels and for writing a review about your stay. We hope your travels will return you to Tysons Corner very soon...
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

After 20 months of weekly travel and staying at the WTC, I can say that this is, without question, the best hotel staff ever assembled. Mehmet runs a tight ship and his staff goes above and beyond to fulfill all requests. There are many reasons, from being able to leave luggage over weekend and having it in your room upon arrival, to their customized welcome gifts for Platinum members. They took great care of all my packages, and earned my trust to the point I would rather have something sent there than allow it to be sent to the house. Is the hotel a bit on the older side? Yes. However, the hospitality provided by staff more than makes up for it.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same
Green Features: WTC participates in the SPG "Green Choice" program
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for your loyalty to Starwood Preferred Guest Program and for writing such a fantastic review about your experience. We're delighted to know that you continue to choose our Hotel as your destination of choice. Our team strives daily to provide personalized experiences, and it's a joy to know that you experienced just that. We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back every week!!
Woodside, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have stayed in Starwood properties previously but I was a little apprehensive booking this Westin, as I had seen some negative reviews. I decided to book the hotel as they were offering a great discount on the hotel website. I booked two rooms and upon check-in, we were placed on an upper floor, as we had requested. The heavenly bed and flat screen tv were a welcome sight after our long drive down to VA. The room was immaculate and filled with light from the large window, which also gave us a great view of the area. Our room had contemporary decor, with dark wood furniture. It was spacious and comfortable and equipped with an iron, which came in handy.The bathroom was very clean, stocked with my favorite Westin products and the oversized showerhead was fabulous. At night it gets a bit dark, and the room could have more efficient lighting, as the lamps were a bit dim. It's a minor flaw in an otherwise well designed room and the only thing that I felt could be improved.I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again when I visit the area.

• 5 of 5 stars
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review about Westin Tysons Corner.
I will be sure to share your comments with the hotel team.
We look forward to your return and welcoming you back on your next visit to Westin Tysons Corner.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
#8 of 14 in Tysons Corner
4.0 of 5 stars 343 reviews

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!