“Wonderful stay and great bargain”

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful stay and great bargain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Another wonderful stay at the Westin! This particular Westin often offers great discounts and this latest one also included an amazing hot breakfast buffet. I would not say this hotel is the best Westin I every stayed at but it is very nice with great prices and the location I prefer for visiting the DC area. The hotel is right off the DC beltway. They also offer free shuttle service within several miles of the hotel including the Metro station and the Tysons Mall. This was especially helpful during the mall's busy Thanksgiving weekend. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable but it is starting to show a little wear in spots. The 2 free bottles of water daily was appreciated. This hotel continues to be my current favorite hotel when visiting DC and I plan on staying here again for my next trip.

Room Tip: If your dates are flexible, watch for the periodic great deals at this location.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. I'm delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us and I am happy to know you took advantage of our shuttle service and our Suprerfood breakfast buffet. We certainly want to continue to be your favorite hotel when visiting DC. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Mark N.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Hartley Wintney, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Spent a consderable number of days staying at this Westin over the last year and would like to commend the staff and the service they provide. The Hotel may not be quite as stylish as other hotels of a similar level but the staff more than make up for this with their cheerfulness, attention to the client requirements and giving the place a welcoming environment to stay especially when you are away from home for long periods. This applies across the board in the hotel from the front desk to cleaners.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and loyalty. We pride ourselves on having warm, friendly, caring staff and are thrilled that's exactly what you experience while here. I have shared your feedback with our entire staff; We appreciate your endorsement and just hope each return visit brings an experience equally as wonderful. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Spacious suites.... relaxing shower.... RUN Westin (great healthy program)... quiet room/floor, especially they have the 'Starwood Preferred Guest Floor'.... AMAZING staff/service, beyond my expectations.... their manager Nemet (I believe that's his name) was beyond accommodating.... everything is nearby.... we would stay here again....

Thank You!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Much thanks for your review. I’m pleased to know that you enjoyed our amenities including Heavenly Shower and Run Westin. Your kudos to our staff are truly appreciated and especially your special recognition of Mehmet ( He is a Superstar). Thank you again for your review; We hope to welcome you back to our hotel once again.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I viewed the photo's of the lobby and thought - another great looking Westin. The lobby is very nice but unfortunately the rooms are a disappointment. The noise from the highway was almost unbearable but my biggest complaint is that it felt like this hotel had been an apartment building that had been converted to a hotel. The elevator and hallways were tiny and dark and the room felt like I was staying in some dude's apartment.

I won't hold this against the Westin brand as it is consistently good but this property did disappoint.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the highway
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations and certainly take your comments very seriously as we continually strive to improve. Our goal is to have each guest have an enjoyable stay. We hope you return and provide us with another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Luray, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in November, and had a great time! The front desk staff, luggage movers and restaurant employees were 100% great! Polite, respectful, and friendly. The restaurant food was superb... loved it! I also got to take my dog with me (this is a pet friendly hotel), and they were very nice to her. I had two downers though. The first one, through no fault of the hotel, was a busy late night door slammer (I counted 7). The second one was.... and this was my error, yet didn't lessen the pain.... I saw the indoor pool from outside and a few joyful guests frolickling in its warm waters. I decided this was an immediate must-see, even though I had little Rover by my side. Oops! Little did I know I was in for a slaughter from the life-guard, who quickly and mercilessly told me to "get out". So I did, with a big ouch and a red face. So all right already, I plead guilty to my premeditated crime of bringing little Rover in for a quick peek, knowing he didn't belong ! But I think the lifeguard was more of a beast then my innocent pup, and he could've been far more sensitive and polite., especially since he works in customer service and was representing his employer at that moment. Well, just a warning folks. Don't do what I did or else you might get bit by the lifeguard (get it?) After throwing imaginary darts at my now the enemy the lifeguard, I got back on track and enjoyed a wonderful stay. This is a really a great place, and I will definitely go back. Maybe even go a swim!

Room Tip: Heck if I know.
Green Features: Excellent environmentally friendly. The restaurant serves to go orders in very nice packaging that do not contain plastic.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate your kind words about our exceptional staff. I'm so glad that you took advantage of the hotel's many amenities while here. We hope to welcome you back to the Westin Tysons Corner when your travels return you to the DC area.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

The morning we arrived we had trudged through a major snow storm to get there. We were very tired. Our bellman George was the best, he kept checking on us and helped us get everything settled. Now here's the kicker, the maids on the other hand were very noisy, whooping and slamming doors. It's very hard to get enough rest when you work 3rd shift. The hotel should train them better, and fix the very loud doors. Also the bar and resturant should open earlier. Could have made a ton of $$$ with my group. Fix the slamming doors and train the non English speaking staff and we are all good!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Pushrod
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at The Westin Tysons Corner Hotel. It is great to hear you were impressed with the service George provided to you. At Westin, we take great pride in our heavenly beds and a good night's sleep. I am so sorry to hear that we prevented this from happening for you. Please know that I have looked into the issue concerning the slamming doors with my team to ensure that we are doing everything in our control to ensure this won't happen again.
I can only hope that we will somehow have the opportunity to be of service to you again and change your perception of The Westin Tysons Corner Hotel.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stay at the Westin's at Tysons Corner on a semi-regular basis, and with each stay the SERVICE is better than the previous visit, which seems impossible but the staff manages to make it happen. The front desk, concierge, room service and restaurant staff are professional, engaging and helpful, and they go out of their way to make my stays most enjoyable. Upon arrival, Arch and his colleagues welcome me (by name) with a warm greeting, check me into my room within one minute (no exaggeration), upgrade me if possible without issue, and offer to assist with my luggage, etc. The food is great and the in-house coffee bar is a great amenity for guests that need a quick "fix"/meal in the morning without having to venture out beyond the hotel lobby. Needless to stay, the workout facility is terrific and I always manage to have the facility all to myself during my workout sessions.

Tim C.

Room Tip: I've stayed here many times and a I've never had a less than desirable and very quiet room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
What a joy to read your review; thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I've shared your feedback with our entire team; We appreciate your endorsement and hope each return visit brings an experience equally as wonderful.. It would be a pleasure to host you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
#65 of 140 in Washington DC
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,304 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Falls Church
#1 of 15 in Falls Church

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!