WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
New York City, New York
“Platinum Treatment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

As soon as I arrived, I was warmly welcomed by Arch at the front desk. He fully accommodated my stay and all requests I had.

Sometimes the best thing Westin's can offer is a heavenly bed and a good club room. Not this location. Awesome staff and close to everything you would need to keep yourself entertained both locally and in the greater DC area.

The sushi in the hotel is awesome btw, so if you get a chance check out the hotel bar. It's above average.

I also stayed at the Sheraton in Tyson's Corner and though it was a good stay. I'd prefer to stay here again.

Will be back!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I’m so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Westin Tysons Corner and that we were able to provide you Platinum service that all of our guests deserve. Thank you for recognizing Arch who was able to accommodate all your needs...He is a Superstar!! I’m pleased to know that you had the chance to experience Sushi Nami. It's my favorite too!! We hope to welcome you back to Westin Tysons Corner again in the future.

Mark N.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Solihull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel is situated next to a major highway, so the assumption was made that it would be well soundproofed. This was not the case. Even on the 11th floor it was surprising how loud the traffic noise was. The bedrooms are large, but with only single glazed windows, thus explaining the intrusion of traffic noise. This also meant that the rooms would cool down very quickly. It is also not possible to open the windows. There are extractor fans in the bathrooms, and it’s not possible to turn them off, meaning that there is a constant, and very noticeable, background hum, audible even with the bathroom door shut. In fact, the extractor in the room was so loud that I thought it was broken and requested a hotel engineer check it.

Breakfast is a typical buffet spread, with a good variety, but average quality, although it was very pleasing to see organic eggs used. There is a reasonably large bar, with prices pitched at around, or a little above, those seen in various bars and restaurants in Washington.

There are 2 shopping malls close to the hotel, the nearest of which is maybe a quarter of a mile away and easily reachable by foot. The hotel does operate a shuttle van to both malls, and also to the nearest metro stations which are approximately half a mile away. There is a shuttle timetable, but they are very flexible and were happy to provide transport to metro stations outside of that schedule, and also to pick up hotel guests from a metro station – all that was needed was a quick telephone call to the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adrian2753
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize for the noise disruptions that you experienced. Our goal is to ensure each guest has a hassle-free stay, and we appreciate you taking your time to write a review and suggest areas of improvement.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

After visiting a multitude of 3 to 5 star dc area hotels this has become my dc hotel. I just stayed here again this weekend. At first I hesitated frequenting this hotel as it is not in dc but the little extra time to get to the hotel is worth it. The staff in the hotel are friendly, helpful, and genuine. Arch a front supervisor and handsome guy from Turkey will wave to you every time you enter the door. He never forgot my name from stay number one. Ifra, Stella, Seth, the front concierge, bar tendors and servers are attentive, and caring. They must have good management because the employees seem happy to be there.
The hotel has all of the amenities and services. Its a must to see their cherry trees in front of the hotel when in full bloom.
Being a Westin I am surprised at how reasonable all the extras are parking is free weekends and only $10 on weekdays, They have a good priced menu with Quality food. Try the Sushi roll special on friday with $4 rolls. I have stayed at hotels 150 times this year and this hotel has the best buffet breakfast of all and the most quality Lox I have found in a restaurant. The rooms are always quiet. They often have great specials when I look at the SPG website. When I do not have a car the shuttle service is quick and curtious to anywhere nearby including the Metro. I hope you can have my experience of having a home away from home.

Room Tip: You know I find I like a higher room but am not picky with what side of the hotel. The trees can be...
Green Features: They have all to expect on the environment practices. You can get a extra 500 starwood points when you elect not to clean the room. What I especially like is that the rooms never smell like bleach or household cleaners.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. What a compliment!! I’ve passed your comments along to our hard working team. We hope to provide warm, caring and friendly service for all of our guests; the kind of service that lead to exceptional stays.
I’m thrilled that you took advantage of the Restaurant and Sushi Nami. Our Chef really takes pride in the food he prepares and the Sushi is the BEST!! We look forward to having the honor of welcoming you back again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice in the month of October, primarily for its prime location near 495 and Tysons Corner Center. The hotel was fine – my room was fine, as was my food at the hotel restaurant. Do not expect an exceptional facility, but rather a hotel whose biggest asset is its location. I experienced trouble with the awarding of my Starpoints during both stays, but Mehmet was very helpful in resolving these issues. I am not sure if I will stay here in the future, as I am not sure that this hotel is the best value in the area. I have stayed at much nicer Westin hotels.

Green Features: In an attempt to be more environmentally-friendly, this hotel awards its guests with 500 Starpoints for declining housekeeping services.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We aspire that all of our guests enjoy the warm, caring service that we pride ourselves on. Thus, it's a great disappointment to us when a guest's visit is anything less than exceptional. I assure you that your experience with your SPG points is not indicative of what other guests have encountered, and we can only hope that you'll give us another chance to create a memorable stay. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at mnamdar@westintysonscorner.com when your travels do bring you back to Tysons Corner.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I are local and we stayed at the Westin on Sunday night. We were forced to find a hotel earlier in the day after our building had a water pump failure on Saturday night (which left all the residents without water for the whole weekend). We had to act quickly and after multiple phone calls to hotels in the area , we were so happy that Westin understood our situation and went out of their way to accommodate us (thank you Beth!) Even the Ritz/Marriott (to which we are have been loyal for many years) could not help us out and/or wanted an outrageous price because of our last minute need or they told us we would have to wait till their regular 3-4pm check-in. Westin was able to quickly offer us an availabe room within the hour (10am), with a heavenly, warm shower, and gave us an excellent rate due to our situation. Even the 2 -star motel down the road was more expensive! We were thankful and since we are SPG members, they also offered to let us stay late the following day (which marriott/ritz/hilton etc would not do despite our loyalty).
We are so glad we turned to Westin in this emergency situation. The hotel was more than what we needed, including an excellent heated indoor pool, onsite restaurant, starbucks in the lobby, ample free parking. Who could ask for anything more.....
The facility and the hotel were very clean and the bath products were wonderful. Highly recommend this hotel, especially for their superior customer service.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor , if SPG, will get preferred floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmres1, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words, I am glad our hotel staff was able to accommodate your needs promptly. Providing our guests with the highest level of service is our ultimate goal at the Westin Tysons Corner. All of our staff members genuinely care about each and every guest that walks through our doors and we’re thrilled that you’ve acknowledged this. Your compliments for our facility and employees are greatly appreciated and we’ll be sure to share your comments with the staff. We welcome you to stay with us again!
New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just as the title indicates, the place was very clean, the room was excellent and the staff very courteous. A couple of highlights: the bed tops are very comfortable; the breakfast buffet was top notch, all very good quality food and preparation. The only downside was the traffic noise from 495 but that was expected because it's located at an exit ramp. We stayed on a weekend night and got a great rate.

Room Tip: Get a top floor on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your recent visit to Westin Tysons Corner. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your breakfast with us…Super Foods is one of our key promise in preserving wellness in travel!

We look forward to your next visit, hopefully it will be soon.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Located near a main highway, good accesibility. Though, for the same reason the room was noisy, even though it was in the ninth floor. Bed extremely comfortable. Bathroom clean and neat. Complimentary coffe and water available in the room. Check in and check out pretty effective and fast. Self-parking complimentary.

Room Tip: Try to avoird rooms on the side of the highway
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and sorry about the noise. We hope that you can return again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
#1 of 15 in Falls Church
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#9 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!