“Heavenly beds”

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed January 9, 2013

For Christmas with the east coast family, my daughter, husband, service dog in training and I stayed for 6 days at the Westin Tyson's Corner. The staff was extremely friendly and nice.

The hotel is a business-oriented hotel. Considering it was Christmas, it was not full and there were many families with dogs.

I reserved a one bedroom king suite which was only $40 more than a room with 2 queens. There was a Heavenly Dog Bed waiting in our suite with a dog bowl and poop bags. Oddly our suite was a "Workout Suite" complete with full size treadmill, a Pilates set up and a giant workout/yoga ball. I travel a fair amount and have never seen a "Workout" room. The king bed was extremely comfortable. The sleeper sofa not so much.

The location is excellent with easy access to many highways, a luxury mall nearby, and other shopping close by.

We would definitely stay here again. I rated it a 4 because while it is a very nice hotel it is not particularly special. The Christmas rate was excellent value.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Suzannea2010,
Thank you for your great review! I am delighted to hear that our spacious suite with the exercise equipment really made a difference in the comfort of your stay and that our location provided everything you were looking for. We were delighted to host you, your family and the dog at a special time of the year like Christmas. Our staff looks forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Had the occasion to stay here for a second visit while on business. Thought the first visit, in July, was superb so I didn't hesitate to book in again. And I was not disappointed...at all.
This is a special hotel. The room appointments are simply outstanding. Bed, bedding, furnishings, bathroom, toiletries, restaurant...all great!!!

Staff's attention to detail, helpfulness, and professionalism put the Westin at the top of my business travel list.

I ordered room service the first night since I arrived late. The food was top notch. BUT, they forgot a condiment I had requested. I was going to call them when there was a knock on my door. It was the room service waiter....with the condiment he had forgotten. Nice.

A bit pricey (but not much). And they're usually full all 7 days a week...and for good reason. Convenient location to highway, DC, Dulles airport (20 mins), and many northern VA historic sites. I'll be there yet again the next time I'm in the "neighborhood"

Room Tip: Call ahead for reservation.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Mr. Paul J;
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, and the great review you posted on Tripadvisor website which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you again.
Sincerely;

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Best about this hotel: Really close to Tyson's Corner which is the biggest mall in the region, but's it's quite the drive from/to D.C. Our room was great, quite the standard for a 4 stars hotel. Indoor pool was nice and clean, front desk staff was really friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnaWQ

Dear AnaWQ,
We want to thank you for your valuable feedback and nice comments regarding our hotel location next to the biggest Mall in the Washington DC area and the nice comment about our team members and the services we provided. We are very happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact us directly for any future arrangements we can do for you.
Sincerely.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend of visiting friends and family and had a very nice stay. The hotel is located right along the Beltway and down the street from Tysons Corner, so the location is convenient provided, of course, that you're not trying to navigate Route 7 or the Beltway in the middle of rush hour traffic. We were able to score a nice deal for the two nights via the Westin.com website at the last minute (6 hours before we checked in that night), so we were very happy with the price we paid. Everything in the room was clean and tidy and the noise from the Beltway didn't keep us up at all.

My only issue for giving four stars instead of five is that when we checked out, I forgot a pair of jeans that I had folded and left on the safe in the closet. Called first thing the next morning, left a message for housekeeping with the exact details as to where the jeans were located, and was told that they checked the room and could find nothing there. Now I know that it is my fault that I left the jeans behind, but I had hoped that someone would have noticed a pair of them sitting folded on top of the safe and would have turned them in. We had used the bathrobe that was provided in the closet, so I know that housekeeping had to go into the closet to replace it for the next guest...what are the odds that they missed the jeans sitting in there?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear MlleDeVille,
Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention. We are glad to know that you took advantage of our special rates that we promote on our Westin.com website as they are usually the lowest rates from any other website. Please accept our apologies for the issue you addressed regarding your jeans that you left behind. This is certainly a concern and unfortunately it was not found. Again, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at the Westin in Tyson's Corner in September for our anniversary and we loved it! This was our 2nd stay here. I love this hotel because we get to bring our mini schnauzer with us. He is diabetic and we needed to store his insulin in a refrigerator. The hotel service came in and installed a mini frig in our room at no additional cost. Our first stay here - our dog had a big fluffy pillow to sleep on. In our 2nd stay - he did not :(. We inquired - but the hotel had all pillows occupied in other rooms. The room service is "excellent" - always accommadating to our needs. The restuarant in the hotel is "excellent" as well. We will be staying here again on our next anniversary! :) This hotel has free parking, a huge mall within 5 minute driving distance, just off I-270 for anyone taking a trip down I-270.

Room Tip: Pet rooms are on the 3rd floor of the hotel. You can't even smell the hallways as being a "...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Ravena1972
Congratulations again on your anniversary! Thank you very much for reviewing our property The Westin Tysons Corner. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, especially for your second visit to this hotel. We strive to provide excellent service and will pass on your kind words to the staff. The amenities here at the Westin Tysons Corner are definitely a perk; the pet free service and the complimentary parking are frequently complimented by our guests. We are pleased that you find our property as the convenient hotel for shopping at one of the biggest shopping centers in the country which is short complimentary shuttle ride and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Tysons Corner.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were in Washington DC all day and arrived at the Westin around 8 PM. A courteous valet met us and helped us with our baggage; front desk staff was more than accomodating. Welcoming, kind and helped us with special circumstances. Pet stay is FREE; unusual at any of the hotels, especially a very nice one like this one. We found the workout room to be oversized, clean and quite well equipped, much more so than many fitness rooms. Our room was a nice sized, very modern but cozy, comfortable room with a very nice bathroom, quite updated and we enjoyed the double shower head option. Beds were comfortable with very clean, nice, warm comforters or duvet type topping. Free parking, free fridge, starbucks coffee/tea set ups in the room. All in a room, a great, great stay for a very good price!!! We will make this our hotel for the next 4 years as our daughter is attending GW in the fall.

Room Tip: We requested a room far away from the elevators, which necessitated a little more walking but it was...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Wendy D,
We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. We have brought your comments to the attention of those concerned and we look forward for your next visit.
Sincerely;

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were in the older portion of the hotel. I have some difficulty walking., So Rooms were far away from eleveator and lobby for me. Bathroom was small. No ventilation in bathroom, ( no fan in bath)
Evidently not much insulation to prevent hall or room next door noise. We could hear word for word all Conversations. We also heard a pair of dogs barking off and on all evening. There was ants in our unit. No breakfast, no free Internet.

Room Tip: I would hope rooms in newer part of hotel are better than where we stayed
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Della G,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to share your comments. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. Clearly there were a number of opportunities where we could have performed better and we will use your comments as a vehicle for further enhancements. We do offer complimentary Internet in the lobby during the week and complimentary Internet throughout the hotel on the weekend. I do hope we might have another opportunity to be of service in order to make things right. I would encourage you to reach out to me directly and I will personally look after your accommodations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
Sheraton Tysons Hotel
#8 of 14 in Tysons Corner
Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center
Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!