New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Not a dump but...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

I generally like Westins which is why I have a SPG Amex. They tend to have some style and quality appointments. Not this Westin. My room defined cookie cutter banality and was dated, the hallway carpet on my Starwood Preferred floor was soiled, traffic noice was prevalent, and overall, the place was unpleasantly smelly. In spite of those "issues", I might have been ok if, when I opened the honor bar, I found some snacks. Nope. Empty. When I went to the lobby to ask why, I was told "we don't do that anymore.". So, in effect this hotel is about two steps below an average Holiday Inn. Perhaps it's time to badge this down to a lower end SPG because it's clearly not a real Westin. One positive note: the staff with whom I interacted were all very courteous and professional.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear hll55,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Tysons Corner and thank you also for having taken the time to complete this on line guest satisfaction review. We are sorry to learn that we have missed our opportunity to impress you while we had a chance to do so, especially with what you are used to get from the Westin promise. Please accept our most sincere apologies for this negative experience and we do hope that we will have a chance to redeem ourselves at some stage, when next you decide to visit Tysons area.
May I also take this opportunity to thank you for the compliments on our staff. Please contact us directly should your travel plans bring you back to Tysons, so we can make sure, that we will not fail you again the next time around.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel itself (rooms, bar, lobby) are nice, just like I would expect from a westin. The service was terrible. I was here with a wedding and made 2 separate reservations, one 6 months ago with the wedding party for Saturday night and one 5 days before my stay at a regular rate for Sunday. When I checked in they told me they only had one reservation for my second night. I assured them that I definitely had a reservation to which they said "well it is not in our system". Good thing I have an iPad and could pull up the email confirmation they sent me a week ago. Again they said that the confirmation number in the email they sent me with my name on it, had a different name attached to it. It was a process that took 2 of them to figure out and then apparently they just changed the name attached to the confirmation number back to mine. That probably means some poor guy is going to have the same problem I had. They also told us that we had free wifi when we checked in only for us to call down stairs when it said we were going to be charged. They said that due to the rate we paid, we were not eligible. Ummm... We paid a ton for this room! We called back and they said if you book through a third party you are also not eligible. The problem with that is that I made both my reservations through westin directly. It's been a frustrating experience! Additionally, we ordered dessert room service and it was the worst creme brûlée possible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

This hotel is luxury without the price tag! The service was excellent, politeness and very welcoming staff! The rooms were very comfortable and stylish. The dual shower heads were "heavenly". The pool and jacuzzi was a great time! Whenever in the DC area this is the hotel I'll be staying at- guaranteed!
Ps ... Starbucks coffee and tea in the rooms :)

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Aknj930
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Aknj930,
We are delighted that we contributed to your comfort away from home and in making the visit to our Nation's Capital such a joy. Thank you for your very kind words and look forward on serving you again in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here for one night on a quick trip to Falls Church. Staff was very nice. Rooms were decently furnished but the hotel itself could use an update. The halls, walls, showers, closets, etc. are looking tired and need to be renovated. Food for breakfast in the restaurant was ok but not great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jason J,
Thank you for your feedback. We strive to create an exceptional experience for our guests, but clearly we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies. We are glad to let you know that we are continuously updating the products of our hotel with minimum guest disruption. We hope to have your complete satisfaction by the time you visit us again.
Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

The staff where very good and extreamly helpful but the infrastructure is looking a bit old and certainly not as good as some Westin's are. I had good conditioning but it was very noisy and my room overlooked a busy road that I could clearly hear traffic all night long. A good bed and an OK desk. After seeing a work colleague's hotel / room would recommend the Ritz if you could get a comparible price although this week it was fully booked out

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear NigelP99,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Tysons Corner area and thank you also for having taken the time to complete this on line guest satisfaction review. We are sorry to learn that we have missed our opportunity to impress you while we had a chance to do so, especially with the promised quite room. Please accept our most sincere apologies for this unacceptable experience and we do hope that we will have a chance to redeem ourselves at some stage when visit the Tysons Corner again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are really nice. They are clean, have nice bathrooms, comfortable beds, and flat panel TVs. My only complaint is its 2012, we're in the Internet capital and they are still charging $10/day for Internet access. The worst part is it locks to your MAC address so that's one device for that money.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear rls23,
We want to thank you for your valuable comments regarding your experience with us and we look forward to having you again with us in the future. Please keep in mind that we have complimentary High Speed Internet in our lobby area including the restaurant all seven days a week and complimentary Internet service throughout the hotel on the weekends. We thank you again for sharing your comments and look forward to your next visit.
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Excellent hotel for the price we paid. Front desk personnel, very helpful and courteous. Front desk adress you by your last name. Good morning mr or ms name, how may I help you. Pool and pool area was nice and large for the number of guest, and aslo had a life guard on duty, something I do not see offten at many hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mike C, General Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Arlethia S,
Thank you for sharing your comments concerning your recent stay here at the Westin Tysons Corner. We are delighted to learn that all went well and hope that we will have an opportunity to be of service again in the near future.
Regards,
Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner
Hilton Garden Inn Tysons Corner
#3 of 14 in Tysons Corner
4.5 of 5 stars 470 reviews

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!