“Okay hotel but prefer others in the area” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Tysons Corner

The Westin Tysons Corner
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Fort Worth
“Okay hotel but prefer others in the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

This is a very old hotel that has been renovated. The elevator was slow and very small. The staff was able to put me in a quiet room at least and it was fine. Nothing super exciting but not bad. The room service was pretty bad - got my order wrong the first time and then when it arrived it looked and smelled gross so I couldn't really eat it. Breakfast was okay. Overall I much prefer other hotels in the area.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

The Westin is the best value in the area. There is a Ritz Carleton and a Best Western and everything in between.

Likes: Access to highway, shopping, lobby, excellent staff, bar, bed and service.
Dislikes, Parking in inclement weather (They have stairs outside connecting lower level parking and access to the lobby area, stairs, cmon man. ) Also be careful turning into and leaving the direct street or parking lot. It is less safe than a Nascar pit area. Toilets are a little scary also, but they work properly. Also carpet in hallways was a little worn.

That being said, would stay there again because of value and service. The drive to DC isn't that bad either, so would consider it as an option if I were visiting downtown DC. Just make sure you account for rush hour traffic.

Room Tip: Not alot of places to eat breakfast in the area.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Anthony J
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

This Westin property is one of their smaller ones, but it was big on service. Immediately upon walking through the doors, I was standing at a small reception area and greeted with a smile and a "how can I help you". The checkin process was smooth, and I was invited to take a glass of wine and some munchies up to my room. Perfect, after a cross country flight.

My room was "Westin Wonderful", with lovely duvet and linens, modern bathroom, and perfect area for working. The desk had plenty of plugs (ipod, pc, ipad, etc) and plenty of lighting.

I had room service for 1 out of the 3 nights I was there. The meal was brought 15 minutes earlier than expected, and immediately upon putting the tray down, and uncovering the food, the waiter noticed that something was missing. He was back within 3 minutes (it was fast)! I love that they provide small flowers on the room service tray. Upon calling, they quickly came to remove the tray.

I also ate breakfast one morning in the Blue Fire Grille. Again, service was prompt and food decent. Like any hotel, the prices are high, but if you choose, there's a Starbucks in the lobby and you can find inexpensive eats there.

I was in town for a business meeting. We did use the conference facilities, and all were well maintained and again, service was excellent. I would use them again.

The hotel has a complimentary business center - great for printing boarding passes, and for checking the internet. Overall I really liked this smaller size property and the service was big.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, when exiting the elevators, ask for a room to the right.
1 Thank GRLTRAV
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2011

I travel a lot for my job and have stayed at many hotels over the past few months -- this is the first hotel review I feel compelled to share -- for a good reason!

The rooms are clean, the beds really are heavenly (I can sleep!), the lobby is awesome -- friendly "welcome back" greetings from the front desk staff, mellow music, hot apple cider, wine/appetizers, and the nice buzz of other guests, makes this a nice home-away-from-home to come back to after a long day at the client site. Here are a few more reasons why I will be recommending this hotel to my co-workers and others:

1 - the bedding is clean; my room was not stuffy! (and the regular Westin comforters are the perfect weight)
2 - the restaurant was extremely comfortable -- nice seating, soothing lighting, great food, and awesome service by the regular waitstaff...they remember guests "coming back" too and always greeted me with a friendly hello
3 - the exercise room was nice and bright and seemed to have enough machines when i was there in the mornings -- and the machines have individual tv monitors
4 - the shuttle service is very convenient and got me back and forth from the client site every morning/evening. the shuttle drivers were awesome --- always so polite and pleasant and were so accommodating when i had to get to the office quickly
5 - the staff here is truly exceptional -- from the front desk, to the coffee shop, to the restaurant, to the shuttle service...they are the best that I have experienced & are the reason why this hotel has the special Westin touch.

Thank you, Westin staff at Tyson's Corner, for making my stay so memorable & pleasant!

Room Tip: I prefer higher floors
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Frequent T
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

First off, let me state my stay at the Westin Tyson's Corner was a couple of months after my first Westin experience at another property that was fantastic.

The Westin Tysons Corner does offer good value considering the area that it is located in. We we vacationing as a family in DC and had stayed at another hotel in Tysons Corner before. It was more expensive than the Westin this time around.
This property was another hotel prior to becoming a Westin. The renovations were good.
The rooms were good though smaller than some other locations. The workout area and pool are located in the basement and they serve their resective purposes.The hotel does offer a mapped out jogging trail through the surrounding resedential neighborhood.
Malls and restaurants are in the area but do know that there was alot of road constuction going on around the area so stay alert.
Overall we did enjoy our stay, but this hotel is probably better suited for business travelers than vacationing families.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
WTC12345, Manager at The Westin Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to the area as well as your valuable comments regarding our property and the amenities we offer. The Westin Tysons Corner is always exploring opportunities to improve our services for our guests travelling with their families such as extending pool hours , providing shuttle services upon request to shopping mall and metro station in an effort to meet our guest needs and provide a memorable stay. Your comments are an invaluable tool in identifying those services that are most important to our guests.

Once again thank you for your valuable feedback and we would like to continue to be your choice hotel in the area in future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

I was here on business and just enjoyed the vibe of the lobby upon arrival. As you walk in the Starbucks towards the right doubles as a sushi restaurant in the evening. Rather intriguing concept and the sushi was not bad especially late at night.

I was here for a business meeting and liked the compact feel for a fairly large hotel. The distance between meeting rooms to restrooms to restaurants was just perfect. The rooms were fantastic as well. It’s a very well kept Westin and you can’t go wrong here. I would definitely stay here and again; I think it’s going to be one of my favorite business hotels.

1 Thank yyasianguy
Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for your valuable and nice comments regarding our hotel services as well as the amenities we offer. We are extremely delighted to hear that we were not only able to meet but exceed your expectations. We would like to continue to be your choice hotel in the area for your future visits. Please feel free to contact us directly for any further assistance we can offer.

Signal Mountain, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

Found this property to be very nice. Rooms were updated, clean and roomy. Location is really good too. Just be prepared for traffic getting in. The area interstates are a mess. Fitness facility, while small, was well appointed. Front desk staff were outstanding and helpful. This place is a gem in a very crowed hotel market.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face the interstate. Room is still quite but if you are a lite slee...
Dear Valued Guest,

We want to thank you for providing your valuable feedback and your positive comments regarding our Associates as well as the amenities we offer. As Westin Tysons Corner Hotel, we primarily focus on personalized service and create memorable experiences for our guests in an effort to achieve our guest satisfaction and loyalty goals. We are pleased we were able to create a memorable experience for you.
We would like to continue to be your choice hotel in the area for any future visits,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
#1 of 15 in Falls Church
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner
#9 of 14 in Tysons Corner

Been to The Westin Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!