New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Falls Church
Cleveland, Ohio
“off the beaten path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

This is a great place to stay when visiting Washington DC. The hotel is in a corporate park, very wooded and quiet (at least on weekends). But very convenient to highways and the Metro. Our room was a bit small, but very clean. The lobby is spacious and comfortable and offers plenty of seating. The first room had an odor, the front desk gave us a new room quickly and courteously. No problem. If you are going into DC, the Metro is close by. The hotel runs a shuttle or you can park and ride (easy drive). The only thing lacking is free internet.
This was our second stay and we will continue to stay here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

every thing was excellent definately recomended!!!!!
loved the whole part....great hotel for family, friends kids, or business.. the interior was excellent too. i wish i could go there again and have some fun with my family very time soon.. too good to be true..rate was for $80/night

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Our offices are located in several Northern VA locations and with DC traffic it is difficult and time consuming to have multiple people commute from one place to the other. Therefore we very often book accommodations at the FVPM. We have always booked directly with the hotel and have stayed often enough so that we know the staff by name and are recognized in the hotel. Our experience has been outstanding with very few hiccups. However, in reading several of the other posts it is apparent that there are pockets of excellence and lethargy. It only takes a single person to ruin an experience while it takes significant effort to establish a great reputation. Up until today the FVPM has exceeded my expectations for a upscale business class hotel. The restaurant staff have been outstanding and of a quality that I associate with 5 star property’s. They now know our ordering habits and anticipate our requests. The manager greets us each day of our stay, and the chef has even accommodated the persistent request of one of our staff for Mediterranean fair although this was never expected. It was presented as a surprise one afternoon when the dish was completely unexpected.

However, today, for the first time, I booked a hospitality suite for a meeting and the experience was horrible. I was bounced around 6 people with three people stating “I will not transfer you again; I promise I will take care of you”. I initially called the hotel where I was transferred to reservations, who transferred me to sales, who transferred me to a corporate automated attendant where I was transferred to group reservations (no option for booking a hospitality suite) where I was transferred to a Manager who then transferred me back to the hotel.

After nearly 30 minutes of being handed from person to person I was finally in contact with a person who took my reservation.
The only reason I did not hang up was that after 20 minutes I called the Mason Inn at George Mason University with the intent of booking with them if the Marriott did not pick up and book my room before the Inn could book an accommodation. The Marriott just made it. My recommendation is to book this location for business with the expectation that your event will be handled professionally and without problems but avoid it for a pleasure trip where you are expecting solid 4 star accommodations, service, and attractions on the property. There are many other locations in this price range that have more to offer.
The hotel itself is upper business class (bordering between a low 4 star and a mid 4 star rating) rooms are comfortable and clean. The reception area is spacious and provides for a very quiet lounge where a small group can meet in a quite comfortable environment. The indoor pool is nice and of good size for an indoor hotel facility. Food is good but not great. In rush hour (6 am – 9:30 am) it is more than an hour into DC from this location and if there is an accident on either rt 50 or rt 66 expect much longer delays. Outside of the pool there is NOTHING for the kids. Closest shopping and restaurants are between 2 and 3 miles (Lohman’s Plaza – strip mall has a few restaurants but is NOT a shopping destination). At the intersection of rt. 50 and Annandale rd. is a restaurant named “Present” which at the time of this post is the BEST Vietnamese restaurant in the DC metro area and is ranked in the Washingtonian Magazine as a TOP 100 DC restaurant while prices are $15 - $20 per person without drinks). A short 15 minute trip to Tyson’s Corner put you in the shopping Mecca of Tyson’s Corner. Two very large malls (Tyson’s with about 250 stores + upscale restaurants and a large movie theater and The Galleria with about 100 stores which is very upscale featuring Neiman Marcus, Sacs 5th avenue, and Macy's along with Gucci, Armani, Hermes, etc…)
My advice is that you book here with confidence but if you are given any hassle immediately get in touch with the Manager and make sure they make it right. No one should have to put up with slip shod service in an establishment that stakes its reputation on the service provided.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Thank you very much for your comments. I want to first thank you for patronage of our hotel and your kind comments regarding the staff here. We will certainly share your positive experiences with the staff especially with our restaurant and kitchen personnel. As you mentioned it takes a great team effort to establish a great reputation within the business world but unfortunately it sounds as if we missed an opportunity in accomodating your meeting needs. I would like to apologize for this mishap. We have a successful meetings department and I hope we will have another opportunity to host your guests when you next require some meeting accomodations. Thank you again for your continued business and please do not hesitate to let us know how we may be of service to you.
Royal Palm Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

The hotel is in a great location - only 10 minutes from DC (about $30 cab ride) and they provide a free shuttle to the Metro which was convenient and saved money. The hotel lobby is very inviting and they have a nice restaurant with great food. The pool and spa area was worth checking out - a nice spa room with sauna, hot tub and indoor/outdoor pool. We had was a corner room which was a good size (but a little cramped) but clean and well maintained. We requested a fridge during our reservation and we were surprised that they actually brought one up for us even though they said they can't guarantee. The bellman was very helpful and provided good tips. Actually we found all the staff to be professional and friendly. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was up to date with nice toiletries and amenities. It's what you'd expect from a Marriott but even better because of the price! Parking is free and in a good location - we felt safe. I'd definitely stay here again especially if traveling to DC. You can expect quality and professional staff. No surprises which is always good!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I booked 2 nights at this hotel because I love Marriott's management philosphy, their service, ambiance, and most importantly their fantastic beds. This hotel was a disappointment. The check-in service was fanstastic and I was upgraded to concierege floor. The 16th floor hallway had a horribly musty smell. I left immediately to run out for a bite to eat and came back and again got one of the 3 handicap parking spots adjacent to the hotel entrance. My nights sleep was horrible - the bedding was worn and the pillows were hard as rock (I'd requested extra feather pillows and received none). The rug in the batthroom was very frayed. The next morning I left for the wedding I was attending and came back in the late afternoon to change and go back out for the evening. WHen I returned, there was no handicap parking near the entrance and I had to park in the garage. The handicap parking there is very randomly placed and there is no direct access to the hotel lobby via the elevators that I could see. You have to walk more than 200 feet from where the elevator dumps you to an entrance and then wind a very long way back to the lobby, past registration, and then to the elevators to the rooms. This is not ADA compliant and if there was another way to get to and from, I wasn't told about it when I asked about handicap parking. The day I checked out, there were several elderly people making the long trek to out to the elevators to the garage. Some were using walkers, some canes, and some just walking very slowly. This is completely unacceptable. Another problem was the broken airline check-in kiosk (I was told by someone at the front desk that it was frequently broken). They did let me use a computer at the front desk to check in and check my bag online.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
ROME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed in area to attend family wedding. In a bustling DC suburb, this hotel was nestled in a lovely business park that was very quiet and peaceful. All the services and comforts we depend on and expect with Marriott Brand. Staff was exceptional throughout, very courteous and helpful. With the low level lighthting in the business park it was a bit difficult to locate at night.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I came here for a wedding and stayed all weekend. The Fairview Park Marriott tries to pass itself off as upscale but it doesn't have the service or perks to back it up.
First, there is no complimentary breakfast or even coffee. But hey, you can purchase Starbucks in the downstairs bar! There is also no free wifi in your rooms. You have to pay $15 for that or else enjoy the free wifi in the lobby. Lame.
The housekeeping service wasn't that spectacular. My cousin enjoyed a martini one night and the dirty martini glass remained in the room every day thereafter until we left.
And then there was the matter of my bathing suit. I left my bathing suit hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I happened to be traveling with slobs who used up all the towels and threw them on the floor. Between swimming, the 100 degree heat and multiple showers between 4 people, we ended up with huge piles of towels hanging on door and on the floor. Housekeeping mistakenly picked up my bathing suit while picking up all these towels. I can forgive this part, it was an honest mistake.
I didn't realize I had lost my bathing suit until the day we were checking out. I talked to security who took my info. Since I lived out of state and had to catch my ride, there was nothing else I could do that day. I had to call them. They didn't call me back at first. They said it never turned up. So I waited another day. Still Nothing. I asked the security about being compensated for the bathing suit (it was brand new and $100!) and he said I'd have to talk to the manager because "this is as far as it goes". Manager never called. I tried talking to the front desk attendant about it who paid lip service to my problem before transferring me back to security. Left a message. No call back.
I called a day later and spoke to another security attendant whom I hadn't spoken to yet. He patiently listened and went and looked. He actually called me back an hour later and said he found the bathing suit. He asked me for identifying details to make sure it was the right one (I think he even knew what ruching is). Now I'm waiting for the manager to call back (HA!) to find out if the hotel will pay for the shipping since it wasn't my fault it got lost.
There were also some good things about the hotel. The beds are ridiculously comfortable. The ballroom where my cousin's wedding was held was very nice, and the food served there was delicious. The bar had daily happy hour specials.
I think the Fairview Park Marriott could stand to offer free coffee and wifi. The restaurant's breakfast menu was way overpriced and it took forever to get our food. It could absolutely stand to improve the overall quality of the service it offers its clients. The apathy I encountered trying to retrieve my bathing suit is only a glaring example. They could also have their front desk attendants be friendlier and say hello to the guests.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
TownePlace Suites Falls Church
TownePlace Suites Falls Church
#6 of 16 in Falls Church
4.5 of 5 stars 170 reviews

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!