All reviewsthe concierge loungeoffice parkbusiness parkcorner roomevery hournice hotelfull service hotelparking garageweekend staybreakfast buffetfront desk staffgreat ratemini fridgemetro stationup to datebusiness travelking bed
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed in area to attend family wedding. In a bustling DC suburb, this hotel was nestled in a lovely business park that was very quiet and peaceful. All the services and comforts we depend on and expect with Marriott Brand. Staff was exceptional throughout, very courteous and helpful. With the low level lighthting in the business park it was a bit difficult to locate at night.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

I came here for a wedding and stayed all weekend. The Fairview Park Marriott tries to pass itself off as upscale but it doesn't have the service or perks to back it up.
First, there is no complimentary breakfast or even coffee. But hey, you can purchase Starbucks in the downstairs bar! There is also no free wifi in your rooms. You have to pay $15 for that or else enjoy the free wifi in the lobby. Lame.
The housekeeping service wasn't that spectacular. My cousin enjoyed a martini one night and the dirty martini glass remained in the room every day thereafter until we left.
And then there was the matter of my bathing suit. I left my bathing suit hanging on the back of the bathroom door. I happened to be traveling with slobs who used up all the towels and threw them on the floor. Between swimming, the 100 degree heat and multiple showers between 4 people, we ended up with huge piles of towels hanging on door and on the floor. Housekeeping mistakenly picked up my bathing suit while picking up all these towels. I can forgive this part, it was an honest mistake.
I didn't realize I had lost my bathing suit until the day we were checking out. I talked to security who took my info. Since I lived out of state and had to catch my ride, there was nothing else I could do that day. I had to call them. They didn't call me back at first. They said it never turned up. So I waited another day. Still Nothing. I asked the security about being compensated for the bathing suit (it was brand new and $100!) and he said I'd have to talk to the manager because "this is as far as it goes". Manager never called. I tried talking to the front desk attendant about it who paid lip service to my problem before transferring me back to security. Left a message. No call back.
I called a day later and spoke to another security attendant whom I hadn't spoken to yet. He patiently listened and went and looked. He actually called me back an hour later and said he found the bathing suit. He asked me for identifying details to make sure it was the right one (I think he even knew what ruching is). Now I'm waiting for the manager to call back (HA!) to find out if the hotel will pay for the shipping since it wasn't my fault it got lost.
There were also some good things about the hotel. The beds are ridiculously comfortable. The ballroom where my cousin's wedding was held was very nice, and the food served there was delicious. The bar had daily happy hour specials.
I think the Fairview Park Marriott could stand to offer free coffee and wifi. The restaurant's breakfast menu was way overpriced and it took forever to get our food. It could absolutely stand to improve the overall quality of the service it offers its clients. The apathy I encountered trying to retrieve my bathing suit is only a glaring example. They could also have their front desk attendants be friendlier and say hello to the guests.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Recently, my husband and I were in the DC area to visit family and see our son graduate at Quantico. My husband didn't feel well, and ended up having an emergency appendectomy at the Inova Fairfax Hospital; staff there recommended the Fairview Park Marriott.
I can't say enough about the help the staff at the Fairfax Park Marriott provided us, first, while I stayed there alone, and later, when my husband stayed to recuperate before resuming travel. They helped me set up a little kitchen in the room, moved us to a bigger room at no charge, and did everything humanly possible to make our stay comfortable.
As for the hotel itself, it was fine. It provided ample, safe, accessible free parking. The smaller rooms are small, but the location, the setting, and the staff were perfect. Guests looked like they were really enjoying the indoor-outdoor (connected) pools, and the lobby & public areas were attractive. The bar serves good starbucks coffee in the mornings, and room service was excellent. There is a shuttle service on demand (sometimes with a wait, but still convenient) to the metro, hospital and local shopping areas. Metro into downtown DC takes about half an hour, but because the stop is a bit of an outlier, you'll get a seat. Driving time into DC depends on traffic, but this would be a lovely, relaxing, quiet place to stay after hectic days in the city.

1  Thank cassismeg
Reviewed July 8, 2010

We always like Marriott hotels. Hence we booked this one while visiting DC for 4th Jul. Hotel is nice, rooms are good but I was little disappointed with service. We had preordered breakfast for next morning and put it on our door tag (as mentioned). No breakfast was delivered to our room. When we called, they said they never picked up our order from our door tag. This irritated me, as we were supposed to leave the hotel at 6.30 am. We ended up having breakfast somewhere else. I expected better service from Marriott.

Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stayed at the Fairview Park Marriott for two nights. The room was oddly shaped, which I think is common given the layout of the hotel. The room did seem a bit worn compared to other Marriotts we have stayed in recently. The lobby was updated with lots of space to meet, have a drink or read the paper. The weekend breakfast buffet was a great deal and the food was good. The rate we got was outstanding for a hotel in this area, with these amenities; however, I probably would not stay here again unless we got the same rate. The regular room rate is extremely overpriced, even for the area. If you can get a deal its a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple