“Nice place in secluded office park”

Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We stayed two nights at this upscale Marriott property in an office park located near the Washington beltway. Our room was spacious and well appointed. The health club was reasonably equipped but a bit cumbersome to enter as you have to walk through the pool area. The equipment seems to be well maintained and clean.

Our only complaint was the we left the room at 6AM and returned at 3:15PM and our room was not made up. The housekeeper was down the hall and when I left the room shortly after I returned, she asked me if we wanted our room made up. Having been gone for more than 9 hours, we were not in the mood to have to wait for our room to be cleaned. Also there was a vibrating noise that occurred off and on while we tried to sleep (it was NOT the air conditioner) as was the toilet that flushed several times during the night. I have seen other comments about the late housekeeping service where the manager says that housekeeping takes place up until 4:30 PM. To me, that means the hotel is understaffed. We were tired and disappointed to about the room not being made up. Otherwise, a decent hotel in a good location.

The outdoor parking lot fills quickly but there is a parking garage that is also available. It would be nice to have a small refrigerator available especially given the size of the room - there was plenty of room for this amenity. Weekend rates are reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
1  Thank ShenandoahBabe

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

This was one of the best Hotels I have ever stayed in. I am frugal, though. Great location for all of the DC area. Very quiet area, with lots of shady areas. We had the best breakfast ever at a hotel. We paid $89.00 for a Saturday night, that included breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie W
Reviewed August 23, 2014

I and my elder brother Mr. C.G. Sheth from India stayed in Room No.1000 for three nights from 1st Aug.2014 to 3rd Aug.2014. The room was booked by our relative Mr. Subhash Mehta of N.J. and he with wife stayed in Room No.1002.

The Hotel is very well maintained. We appreciate cleanliness, ambience and have lot of facilities. The reception staff is highly polite and courteous.

We had breakfast for three mornings. The same was nice, plenty and healthy.

Hotel is very good place to stay and I recommend to all Indian friends visiting Washington DC by Car.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Found a Great deal on the Hotels.com app. The hotel staff was very nice & it was a quiet building, but that did not make up for the disappointment I had in the hotel room & guest services. I was told I would be upgraded to a deluxe room free of charge, but I didn't see anything deluxe about the room. The room was awkwardly shaped, tight space, & low ceilings. Also when I requested more wash cloths I was told there were none & when I requested a refrigerator they were out of those as well. Lastly the room had 2 thermostats, that did not work simultaneously.

Room Tip: Request refrigerator & microwaves early, & ask questions about the type of room you reserved...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephanie S
WashingtonMarriott, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2014

Thank you Stephanie for your comments. I'm sorry for the confusion over the type of room and for the poor response about the washcloths. We will certainly work to correct this and hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Hotel was great and very convenient to I-495 and only 3 miles from the Dunn Loring metro station. The hotel is located in a business park, but is easily accessible. A nice perk is the fact that this hotel offers complimentary parking - they have a lot just off the hotel entrance as well as a parking garage which is connected to the rear of the hotel. As many other reviews have pointed out, the breakfast buffet is great - food is fresh, hot and offers a nice variety of fruit, eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. Our room had a king bed in it - very comfortable, linens were clean and they gave us plenty of pillows... bathroom was clean. The only thing odd about the room was the shape and how there was a small hall that led to the bathroom... other than that it was nicely furnished and was clean. I would stay at this location again as it is convenient to many locations including Tyson's Corner.

2  Thank Beth S
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights as part of our honeymoon and boy do we wished we stayed longer. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was amazing (fresh fruit included) and the staff was pleasant and helpful which made us feel very welcomed. In addition, the hotel provides a shuttle which drops you to and picks you up from the train station which was great as we were able to go directly to Washington DC from the train station. Special mention goes to Steve Cooper, Chefs Johnson & Lewis and Karla Canales who went above and beyond by making what would usually be an impossible situation possible for us. Thank you once again. This was definitely an overall wonderful experience and by husband and I will be back again!

1  Thank Ann-Marie S
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed here for one night on our way to North Carolina .we arrived at 530pm after a 10 hour drivr. We were exhausted but walked in to a very nice welcome! The hotel is absolutely beautiful! The grounds are very nice. Breakfast was included and was great as we'll. it was exactly what we needed great food and great staff - don't hesitate and stay there and

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Best Western Falls Church - Arlington Area
Hyatt House Falls Church
Hyatt House Falls Church
#1 of 3 in Merrifield

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!