All reviewsthe concierge loungeoffice parkbusiness parkcorner roomevery hournice hotelfull service hotelparking garageweekend staybreakfast buffetfront desk staffgreat ratemini fridgemetro stationup to datebusiness travelking bed
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed here for one night to attend an annual pageant event held at this hotel.

Pros: Guest service was great -- I had to call a couple of times to request extra shampoo and razors and they brought them to our room with no problem. Management must have read my review from last year because room service was open until midnight this year -- a definite plus since my kids did not like the entrees served during the pageant event. The room was ready with the special requests I put in my reservation -- extra towels and a fridge, so that was a nice touch!

Cons: Not much they can do about the room sizes -- a room with two double beds is pretty tight. It would be so much better if they had 2 queen-sized beds. Our room had adjoining doors on both sides so we heard noise on both ends. Housekeeping also knocked twice on our door before 9:00am -- not cool when you're trying to sleep in! I've learned my lesson -- I'll make sure to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door before going to bed! We were lucky to get a room on the Concierge level, but since it was Memorial Day weekend, the lounge was closed Sunday night. Womp, womp...

While this doesn't have to do with our actual room stay, I also have to add that the service during the dinner event we attended was really, really bad and the food was not up to par. Our servers never refilled our water or tea glasses and never brought back an extra basket of bread that was requested; and we had to flag other servers to get coffee during the dessert portion of the meal. On top of that, the restrooms outside our meeting space were never checked on, as soap, paper towels, and toilet paper were never refilled (at least in the women's room); and Security never walked down the hallway. Otherwise, they would've noticed that smokers kept leaving the door propped open allowing smoke to enter the dining area. Very annoying to those of us who are allergic to smoke!

Again, I'd probably only stay here again if I attend the pageant in the future.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for a room that doesn't have a door to an adjoining room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you very much for your observations from your stay. I appreciate that you were happy with the service at our hotel. However, it was disappointing to hear that your experience at the dinner event could have gone better. I'm sorry about that, and we will strive to work on that for next year's event. Thanks again for letting us know.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I've stayed at the Fairview Park Marriott previously and it is very consistently a well run, clean, quiet place to stay. The staff are exceptionally friendly (especially for the DC area) and seem to have been trained in how to meet and exceed the expectations of customers. Parking is free and very convenient. I am absolutely going to stay here again (and again) as business call me to this area of DC.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you very much for the kind words. We are happy to hear that your stay went so well. We are looking forward to your next visit, and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Busy weekend with weddings and graduations, but quiet upstairs in the rooms. We had a nice corner room with double sets of windows at the end of the hall. Being a gold member, the breakfast buffet was included since the Club floor was closed on the weekend. No complaints, free parking, nice setting, close to the Beltway, but you couldn't hear it.

Room Tip: Get a corner room
1  Thank goGators25

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to see that you found peace and quiet in the room despite the hotel's public areas being busy. We frequently hear that we are a peaceful getaway even though we are so close to the hustle and bustle of the city, so thank you for sharing that observation!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

The hotel is an older Marriott hotel and it seems a little dated. The main floor is nice but the rooms need upgrading.

It’s not a very good hotel for kids, especially the pool area. Other reviewers mentioned this but I experienced it firsthand during my stay. The life guard micro manages the pool area and followed the kids around everywhere they went to the point of being obnoxious. My wife was working out in the next room by the pool. She was the only person in the workout room. My daughter hurt her arm and wanted to see her mother, the life guard refused to let her talk to her mother in the workout room. She was actually standing outside the workout room crying. I understand rules but in my opinion this was over kill. The hotel management was called and they allowed her to see her mother but this put a damper on the hotel experience and we will not be staying here again.

1  Thank Carl R
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations. I am sorry for the experience you had in our health club. Unfortunately, it is sometimes difficult to be flexible on rules when it comes to safety. It is of primary importance here, and I am sorry if it inconvenienced you and your familty.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I were there for a long w/e to visit family. Easily accessed. lots of free parking, located in a forested office park. Staff all excellent and helpful. Restaurant was good but expensive as hotel restaurants are. Our room was clean, on the small side but well laid out and comfortable. Nice bed. Fabulous shower w incredible pressure. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank peeblesn