All reviewsthe concierge loungeoffice parkbusiness parkcorner roomevery hournice hotelfull service hotelparking garageweekend staybreakfast buffetfront desk staffgreat ratemini fridgemetro stationup to datebusiness travelking bed
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Busy weekend with weddings and graduations, but quiet upstairs in the rooms. We had a nice corner room with double sets of windows at the end of the hall. Being a gold member, the breakfast buffet was included since the Club floor was closed on the weekend. No complaints, free parking, nice setting, close to the Beltway, but you couldn't hear it.

Room Tip: Get a corner room
1  Thank goGators25
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to see that you found peace and quiet in the room despite the hotel's public areas being busy. We frequently hear that we are a peaceful getaway even though we are so close to the hustle and bustle of the city, so thank you for sharing that observation!

Reviewed May 20, 2014

The hotel is an older Marriott hotel and it seems a little dated. The main floor is nice but the rooms need upgrading.

It’s not a very good hotel for kids, especially the pool area. Other reviewers mentioned this but I experienced it firsthand during my stay. The life guard micro manages the pool area and followed the kids around everywhere they went to the point of being obnoxious. My wife was working out in the next room by the pool. She was the only person in the workout room. My daughter hurt her arm and wanted to see her mother, the life guard refused to let her talk to her mother in the workout room. She was actually standing outside the workout room crying. I understand rules but in my opinion this was over kill. The hotel management was called and they allowed her to see her mother but this put a damper on the hotel experience and we will not be staying here again.

1  Thank Carl R
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your observations. I am sorry for the experience you had in our health club. Unfortunately, it is sometimes difficult to be flexible on rules when it comes to safety. It is of primary importance here, and I am sorry if it inconvenienced you and your familty.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

My wife and I were there for a long w/e to visit family. Easily accessed. lots of free parking, located in a forested office park. Staff all excellent and helpful. Restaurant was good but expensive as hotel restaurants are. Our room was clean, on the small side but well laid out and comfortable. Nice bed. Fabulous shower w incredible pressure. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

1  Thank peeblesn
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I checked in later in the evening and we were tired. We enjoyed the Concierge Lounge before it closed for the evening and went back to our room. I saw a notice advertising that the room we were in was a PURE room and it went through the steps it takes to make a room allergy free. I checked the pillows to make sure they were not feather pillows or the comforters wnd turned it on low. It did not bother me at all or my husband.
ere not the lovely feather duvets that Marriott usually have. The pillows were triple wrapped in PURE pillow covers and the comforter was cotton. I noticed the air purifier in the corner of the room a
When we woke up the next morning we were both pleasantly surprised that neither one of us was "gunky" are eyes were not sealed shut with gunk and we were breathing through our noses and not our mouths. I have major sinus and alllergy issues and this room was great.

I commend Marriott for using this system. Had anyone asked before I tried it that it would work I would have said they were crazy, I turned the filter on as an after thought. Very grateful I turned it on. Thanks Marriott for providing me with the opportunity to actually try out a PURE air filter -- despite my doubts before I buy one.

Room Tip: Stay on the 10th floor that is a "PURE" floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Janet R
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you very much for your comments! I am happy to see that one of our PURE rooms worked out perfectly for you. We look forward to your next visit.....

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Excellent choice if you are in the area for business. Easy access from Reagan National because of the Metro + the complimentary shuttle from the hotel. (Dunn-Loring Metro stop + Shuttle gets you to the hotel). Thus, no need for a rental car if your business is in the area. Very nice service. Clean, updated rooms. Excellent shower, TV, and sleep quality with automated wake-up call. Pricey but that is the cost of doing business in the area.

Room Tip: Lower numbers are closer to the elevator if that is important.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business