“Met my needs” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
seattle, wa
“Met my needs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Attended a conference nearby. Room was clean, comfortable and water pressure in shower was excellent. However would think twice about staying here if I wanted to spend much time in DC. I paid almost same price in Georgetown for comparable hotel last year - For a hotel some 30 to 40 minutes outside the city, I thought it was overpriced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank goodnamesaretaken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is our go to hotel in the DC area. We have been staying at this hotel yearly for about 12 years and this visit was outstanding. Comfortable room with nice decor and extremely clean. Bathroom is a nice size but I wish they stocked more bath towels.
We booked a AAA rate that included breakfast. Breakfast buffet was outstanding. Food was fresh and a nice selection. My daughter loved all the fresh fruit.

The only negative about this hotel is the customer service. No one seems happy to be working their. When on vacation you really want to see a smiling face which never happened. This was with almost everyone we encountered throughout our stay.

We love the pool area which is always clean and never too crowded. They have a life guard on duty and the hours are good. It's nice to be able to hit the hot tub after a long day on your feet touring the sites. Life guards were annoying. I put my towel down to help my daughter and within 2 seconds he was trying to take it. He also yelled at my daughter to stop running when she simply was walking while holding my hand. I know they are trying to keep people safe but it was too much. Basically if you did anything other then stand in the pool you were yelled at.

Again, this is a great hotel for people who want to visit the DC area but be away from the crowds of saying in town. If they worked on their customer service it would be rated 5 stars.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for you observations from you recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that our lifeguards were not as helpful as they could have been. While we certainly take safety very seriously, we should have done so in a better way. We will work to improve this immediately. I look forward to your next visit and I'm confident you will see a better result!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here one night because we were attending a pageant at the hotel. We stayed in a room with two double beds and the room was on the small side. I wish the beds were queen-sized and a little more comfortable. Not the best night of sleep I've had at a hotel. The A/C seemed to go off at night so we were sweating and burning up in the middle of the night so I had to get up to lower the temperature in the room. Room service also ended like at 10:30pm on a Sunday night over Memorial Day weekend -- that was a huge disappointment, especially since my kids were hungry. I've never stayed at a Marriott that didn't offer room service late into the evening. Our only option was a pizza delivery place the front desk suggested but the food was soooo greasy.

On the plus side, they did have the fridge and extra towels that I requested in my reservation already in our room when we arrived. And the rate I got included 5000 bonus Marriott points so that was a sweet deal!

I'd only stay here again because the pageant we attended is held here every year and it's more convenient to spend the night instead of driving home late at night.

1 Thank sayhi2tinee
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your comments and observations. I apologize that we didn't do a very good job of living up to your expectations on this stay. We certainly have the ability to adjust the temperature in each room and perhaps we could have done a better job of this during your stay. Also, while we don't usually have much demand for room service after our 11 p.m. closing time, you make a great suggestion that maybe we keep it open longer for next years' event. We will certainly look into that, and I thank you for alerting us to it. I am happy to see that you found value in the Rewards promotion as well! We look forward to seeing you (and providing a better result) next year!
Crestwood, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Attended a conference near this hotel and this hotel proved excellent. It features clean, comfortable rooms and a very friendly, energetic staff. Breakfast proved excellent as did the lounge. Easy to use internet access. Lastly, the exercise facility proved outstanding.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am happy to see that you enjoyed an excellent stay with us! It is good to see that the internet access was easy to use, as we have just changed to a new provider. I also thought you would be interested to know that we are adding some new exercise equipment to the health club over the next few weeks. I hope you will have the chance to try it out on your next visit. We look forward to then!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel three times over the years, because its location allows us close proximity to friends residing in Fairfax and Arlington. It is also an easy commute into Washington, and provides access to the highways and turnpikes which take us shopping, sightseeing and eating. The hotel itself is located in a lovely commercial park, well treed and very peaceful. It has an expansive and attractive lobby and grounds, attentive personnel, an excellent dining room for breakfast, free parking indoors and out, free wireless, lovely rooms with nice views, and a beautiful indoor/outdoor pool. It has a large and inviting bar. It is very clean. The wait staff, in particular, are excellent. As a conference venue, it can, and does, get lots of traffic on the weekends, but this eases during the week, and has never disturbed our quiet enjoyment in our rooms. The location is perfect for our needs. We look forward to staying at this hotel when we visit the area. My only complaint this time is that the pillows were rather too plump for my liking, although my family thought they were just fine - a small, and very subjective quibble.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the trees.
    • 5 of 5 stars
FVPM, Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you very much for the comments. I am very happy to see that we were able to exceed your expectation and that you found our wait staff to be excellent. Thank you also for letting us know about the pillows--we will be certain to check them this week! We look forward to your next visit!
green4859
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed overnight at this Marriott because my niece was in a pageant at this hotel. The room was average. It's nice and clean but just average. The room we stayed in was a double bed and I find it to be small. I've stayed at better Marriott hotels. I really don't have any complaints since it was just an overnight stay and really didn't need anything from the staff.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place was a lot nicer than we expected. We got there Memorial Day weekend so of course it's packed. We got the double bed room which was small but cozy. The bathroom was pleasantly bigger than we expected. Internet is free on the weekends which helped out because of the kids. The pool was really neat because it is an indoor pool that connects to the outside pool via a passage through the glass wall. Pool was clean and always had a couple of lifeguards. Staff was very courteous and accommodating. There the miss teen Philippine America pageant going on also so it was pretty busy. The only reason I say almost perfect is because I called a day prior to have a mini fridge put in my room and it was not there when we arrived. Then when they brought it to the room it was banged up and still had a styrofoam cup in it. Then it didn't get cold till a day later. We would definitely stay again. I forgot to mention it is located in a secluded area which is also a business park. This was very nice because the only traffic was to the hotel. They had the cheapest rate in all of the DC area so I was really hesitant but very glad we stayed. Great family friendly place.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ChiefGonz
I appreciate your observations of your stay with us last week. It was certainly an action packed weekend for many, and I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay! Our pool is a great amenity, and it is good to see that you found our rate to be competitive. I am sorry that we provided a refrigerator that was in unacceptable condition. We will certainly address this and correct! We hope we will see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
The Westin Tysons Corner
The Westin Tysons Corner
#4 of 15 in Falls Church
4.0 of 5 stars 588 reviews

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!