“Great way to start off vacation.”

Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed here with my family in April 2013 on our way to a destination farther south. We had just visited my sister-in-law who lives in the area, and this location was very convenient. Typically, we stay at another Marriott property closer to her home, but since we were headed south, we decided to stay somewhere a little closer to the I-495/95 corridor.

In general, the property and room were commensurate with the quality I have encountered and continue to expect at Marriott. The front desk staff was friendly, and the check-in process went smoothly. We stayed in a standard room with two double beds, which was probably a little bit smaller than many properties, not that it's a negative, but just my first observation upon entering the room. More importantly, the beds were comfortable, and the room was clean. My stepson was impressed with the complimentary tea available. He doesn't give compliments too often!

The negatives were fairly minor. Parking in the garage, and then finding your way to the front desk was a little confusing, maybe adding a wayfinding reassurance sign between the wall separating the Ellipse restaurant from the exterior wall of the facility itself would help. We also found that there weren't enough towels in our room for the three of us, but that proved only to be a minor inconvenience. The bathroom could probably use a stronger ventilation fan since the hot shower created condensation which caused water to drip from the ceiling. Again, these were really minor issues - but the management may want to look into the ventilation fans just from a mold prevention perspective. Note: I did NOT see any mold here...just wanted to make that clear... an ounce of prevention and all...

Since I am a Marriott Rewards member, I did not have to pay the fee for wi-fi access. Just something for those who are not members to consider. It's kind of crazy in this day and age to pay for this sort of service.

This was an enjoyable property, and I would stay here again..

Room Tip: Offload your luggage before parking in the parking garage, otherwise, you'll have to haul it alm...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is situated off of main highway in wooded business park area with plenty of free parking (not valet). The lobby is large and upscale -- it is clear the hotel is devoted to the corporate traveler and large events with conventioneers throughout hotel while we were there. Luggage and valet service was not offered -- we wheeled our luggage to room ourselves and parked. We could see there were several dining options near lobby but did not eat at hotel -- we arrived at a cafe (it looked similar to a food court) a few minutes after their breakfast hours one day; even though there were no customers, they would no longer serve breakfast items on menu. Apparently, a wheelchair accessible room was booked for us even though we had no need for this -- (we wondered why shower was on the same level as the bathroom floor until we realized). On the whole, a very nice hotel with clean, comfortable bed but a step below luxury. No snack bar or water or ice in room; coffee provided. We would stay there again when visiting family nearby for price and location -- just 15-20 minutes from DC, Alexandria, Arlington.

• Stayed: March 2013
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your comments about our hotel in Falls Church, VA. I am glad to see that you found the free parking to be valuable. However, I regret that we were not able to assist you with your bags upon arrival. It looks like you found the food court that neighbors the hotel, and I'm sorry they were not flexible with your requests. Those restaurants typically do a better job of responding, and our hotel will try to address your concerns to them. We will look for you again when you next visit, and thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

i’m a marriott fan and a platinum member-for-life. I don’t just say it’s great without a truthful opinion. for example, I hated the marriott town suites on sydney marcus blvd in Atlanta…. a hooker’s paradise.

But, If you are staying in northern Virginia, or plan to visit Washington, DC, this is the place to stay. You will need transportation since it’s not close to the metro. Plan a 20-30 minute drive into DC from the location but it’s a straight shot down I-66 into the district. lovely location almost hidden away in an upscale tree lined corporate park. rooms and lobby have been updated and I must say that the mattresses are wonderful. Best sleep I have ever had at a hotel.

The breakfast buffet is outstanding and well worth the price. ask to sit with dawn, a terrific waitress who has been with marriott for 30 years. And a big thank you to patrick hanley who is the assistant rooms manager for insuring we got the refrigerator, extra pillows and a high floor that we requested. great employees!

We travel to the DC area often and we always choose the fairview park marriott. suggest you stay as well. highly recommended. honest!

Room Tip: great hotel if you are in the washington, dc area
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alfnot1111

Thank you very much for your gracious words about your experience with our hotel. I love to hear about our associates exceeding expectations, and I appreciate your mentioning of Dawn and Patrick doing just that. I will be sure to formally recognize their hard work as a result. I am also happy to see that you were able to enjoy our new mattresses. We look forward to your next visit, and thanks again!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a month ago, booked via Priceline so I probably got a room for about 80%off from the rack rate. Standard rooms are clean but a bit small for the extremely high rack rate. Beds are not terribly comfy, and pillows seem hit-or-miss; ours were too firm to make for an easy falling asleep. Was nice to have sink separated from toilet & shower. We requested a fridge + microwave (they must be requested in advance or else you may not receive them - they are free of charge). The fridge made a hideous buzzing noise that made it even more hard to sleep. Lobby has free wifi which is very spotty, so good luck. I can't believe this hotel charges for room wifi.
Checkout via TV was a convenient, quick option. There is an indoor pool but it looks slightly sketchy - it connects to an outside section which is blocked off in winter, and it looks quite old and tired. Gym is attached to pool area and is OK-sized with adequate equipment for a hotel of this size. Bar/lounge is usually quiet and looks quite cosy.
Overall we received good customer service but the hotel itself isn't thrilling for a Marriott. Bottom line, don't pay full price; I'd only stay at this hotel if you win it on a Priceline bid for a good price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This was your typical suburban Marriott, a bit dated but complete with why you expect. We requested early check in, high floor and extra towels, none of which were available. Not really an issue, room service for dinner was prompt and acceptable quality. The issue was with the morning breakfast. They stopped seating people in the main dining room to get ready for their Easter brunch. The problem was they failed to tell anyone this and the line outside the sign that said "please wait to be seated" grew longer and longer but there was no hostess, manager or representative from the restaurant available. After waiting a half hour I went to the front desk to ask what was happening as there were tons of free tables but no one was being seated. She told me they were closing the dining room or the Easter brunch. Wow, how unprofessional and rude to have guests standing around without any notice. We went back to the line and was told by the wait staff to just grab a table in the lounge. We did this and to our surprise the restaurant manager, who was missing in action the entire time, came by to complain at us that we were supposed to wait in line as if we weren't for the last 35 minutes. Thank goodness for a competent front desk representative who agreed to give us a credit for the breakfast portion of our package so we could eat elsewhere. Needless to say not the Easter breakfast we had hoped for and shocked at the lack of planning and communication on the part of the restaurant management. I expected more professionalism from the Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LMarieF
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Only downside to stay was the amount of groups that stayed. High school tours three nights and large convention going on rest of time with different tour groups in and out. So noisy. And with large groups elevators were often packed with waiting line. Very good food at hotel and service was prompt. Manager on duty was very courteous.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

My worse Marriott experience EVER. My family and I drove 4.5 hours from NC arriving here almost at 2 am, only to find out they didn't have any double bed rooms left (note I made reservations way ahead of time). So we were force to get a king bed room with a family of 4 adults. We asked them for 2 roll out beds which they couldn't do, we asked them for extra blankets which they couldn't do. We were exhausted and tired from our drive and were hoping to get a good night sleep but it was not the case. Melissa from the front desk that night was extremely unhelpful, unfriendly and rude.We will never stay at this location ever again.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank HTN1002

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your disappointment with your stay. I am very sorry to see that we did not take very good care of you on this stay. We certainly would like to try to "make it right" and I hope that you will contact us directly so that we may do so.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
Best Western Falls Church - Arlington Area
Hyatt House Falls Church
Hyatt House Falls Church
#1 of 3 in Merrifield

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!