“Really Nice Place... but use PriceLine”

Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Really Nice Place... but use PriceLine”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Got this Marriott for 70 on PriceLine. Normal rate listed is 280
Very nice place with all the amenities you'd expect of a 3-1/2 Star hotel. Lots of folks standing around ready to help. Polished stuff everywhere. Nice gym and pool. Restaurant prices were reasonable and the food was excellent.

Normally do not use Marriott because it's too upscale for my salesman's budget, but if I can slip in at a pauper's rate, hey, I'm there!!!!

Didn't get the Presidential Suite, but the room was clean and comfortable. HD Flat Screen TV was a nice touch. Exercise area was really nice. WiFi charges in-room, but free in the lobby area.

Room Tip: This is in a fairly remote area, so noise will not be an issue. Most any room should be OK.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thanks very much for your observations about our hotel in Northern Virginia. It is great to see that you found a good deal for your stay and that our restaurant was a good value as well. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night (02-16-2013)great service friendly staff.I got a conner room in 6th floor nice view.Room is very clean well presented.In the evening went to restaurant to have dinner it was super busy Dona the server is really great and great service and i so even chef was helping to them clearing tables what a team work keep up the good work guys hope to come back soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Naveen M
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you very much for your observations of our Falls Church hotel. It is great to see that you enjoyed your room and our service. I agree that Donna is wonderful in our restaurant, and I'm happy to see that you had a great experience there. That night was a busy one in our restaurant, and it was great to see our team stepping in to help in other areas. We look forward to your next visit!
Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was in town for a conference and what an amazing experience at this hotel. The entire staff went out of their way to make a bunch of old Marines feel welcome and special. The rooms were great and the public areas were constantly cleaned and looking great. The only down side is the food court, probably not a part of the hotel but connected to it, the prices were very steep for the quality of the food. I'll be back next February for the next conference. You would think at the prices we paid, they would at least have some sort of mini continental breakfast available. It was really hard to watch VIP's getting on the elevator with full breakfast items that only they were entitled to complimentarily on a special floor.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks very much for sharing your experience. We were very happy to have the Marines come back this year after missing last year due to our renovation. You are correct that the food court area is not part of the hotel, but I am sorry that we were not able to find a food and beverage solution that worked well for you. We will certainly look at some other ideas that may work better for next years' event, and I hope that we will see you there again!
Mosherville, PA
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Service was great! Hotel is elegant upon arrival. Marble, granite, modern. Sleek black and red decor upon entering. Restaurant service is 5 star! The Breakfast Buffet is wonderful. Our room fee included the buffet, but I think it may not be that for every room. They make omelets, have foods I've never seen in a breakfast buffet at a hotel. Table service by a waiter. Very upscale. Nice! You'll love it! Room was accomodating, comfy beds. Room kind of smaller sized but very comfy and cozy. Had a great stay!

We walked around a bit and found that it is quite large. They have a parking garage. Ball rooms, conference rooms!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rereanna43
Wow! Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. We are very happy to see that you had such a great stay. The breakfast package is a great value and I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of it. We hope to see you again soon!
Spokane, Wa
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great room and vey comfortable bed. Best sleep away from home in ages. Menu a bit limited; for the greater DC area price not outrageous...any where else I would think they "were a little too proud" of the bill of fare.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. More floor space for the same money.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thanks very much for your observations of our hotel. I appreciate the kind words and I am happy to find that you had a restful stay and great service! I am sorry that you found the menu to be limited, but I thought you may be interested to know that we have rolled out a new menu that reflects some seasonal specialties and some old favorites as well. I hope you will have the chance to sample it and let us know your thoughts soon!
Northern VA
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last night after getting a pretty decent deal of $95 on priceline. I went on priceline yesterday morning and got the deal. I'm wondering if I could have bidded lower, but based on rooms being in the $200 and $300 range in this area, I think we did well. We were just trying to be geographically closer to a doctor's appointment. Front desk staff was very friendly and extremely effecient. Our room only had one washcloth and no dirty clothes/laundry bag, but it was very clean. Also it was a little on the small side, but not complaints. The bed was comfortable and I slept very well. It was also nice to stay somewhere where you could park for free and not have to pay another $20-something for valet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel. I am happy to see that your found it to be a great value. I regret that we failed to provide you with a laundry bag, and we will certainly correct that. I am also pleased to find that you liked the fact that we do not charge for parking, which is becoming a rarity in this area! Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Singapore
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Nice hotel. Good rooms, good food. Missed a tea kettle (I am not a coffee drinker) and also missed room-sippers. Good service, good staff. Thanks. That is all I have to say (even though it is less than 200 words)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments about our Falls Church hotel. I am glad to see that you liked the room and food. I also appreciate the suggestion of slippers and tea kettles. We will certainly give that some consideration as we move forward.....Please let us know when you next visit, and we will be happy to provide!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
#4 of 15 in Falls Church
TownePlace Suites Falls Church
TownePlace Suites Falls Church
#6 of 15 in Falls Church

Been to Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park? Share your experiences!