All reviewsthe concierge loungeoffice parkbusiness parkcorner roomevery hournice hotelfull service hotelparking garageweekend staybreakfast buffetfront desk staffgreat ratemini fridgemetro stationup to datebusiness travelking bed
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Hotel was nice!Did not get room we asked for.Room with two double beds.We got room with a double bed and a roll a way bed.Paid in advance and they moved us.We dealt with it.Should have some kind of refund!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed at the Fairview Park Marriott for 2 nights on a last minute trip to Washington DC. The hotel was excellent in letting me check in early after a nearly 12 hour drive that it took to get to the hotel.

The pool was excellent, the beds were comfortable, and all in all it was a pleasant stay. I would say that the shuttle was my complaint. The drivers weren't friendly, they talked on the phone while driving - on obvious personal calls - and the timings weren't the most convenient.

I would stay here again if I ever needed to be in Washington DC.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you for your observations of our Falls Church hotel. I certainly appreciate the kind words about the excellent service and facilities that you encountered. I'm also concerned about your experience on our shuttle. It is not something we normally see, and I apologize for the distraction. We will of course work to make this better immediately. I will look forward to your feedback from your next stay! Thanks again.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We recently spent a long weekend at this hotel. It is in a park-like setting only minutes from the Beltway. The staff were very friendly, efficient, and helpful, and our room was very clean and comfortable. There are a restaurant, bar, swimming pool and hot tub here as well as a complimentary parking garage. The hotel shuttle took us to dinner nearby and we were very pleased with the service. We would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in this area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors have a scenic view of the area.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your comments about our Falls Church hotel. It is great to hear that you were able to utilize so many of the things that we have to offer. We look forward to your next "long weekend"!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I also attended the reunion another reviewer mentioned. For so many people, they treated us well. We arrived very early (10:30 a.m.) and my early check-in was honored. Our corner room was a strange shape (the door essentially opened into the bathroom vanity area), but we adapted OK over four days. Good warm shower and plentry of towels. The A/C and thermostat worked well; was 68 inside when we arrived, so we adjusted it up to 74. The pool had small but adequate towels, and one lifeguard for inside, and one for outside (you can swim through under a flap). One surprise was no alcohol was allowed poolside. Virgina law? Same for having lifeguards?--most hotels have none. The hot tub indoors were large and hot -- yay! My wife and son ate one dinner in the bar area and reported that the steak, salad and garlic mashed potatoes were excellent. The hotel lobby areas inside are very classy and well done. It is a convention type hotel with meeting rooms off on one side. Outside grounds are beautiful as the hotel sits in a corporate business park off Arlington Highway 50, and there are walking paths through the woods. Parking is also free, whether you use the surface lot or garage. All Marriott personnel were friendly. The only reason the hotel doesn't get 5 stars is it's so isolated. There are no other businesses nearby, no CVS or restaurants, no Starbucks, no fast food. Nice perk: free Washington Post, USA Today and Wall St. Journal newspapers at the front desk. Got free wireless Internet in the room as a Marriott Rewards member. Overall, we enjoyed the place fine, and the rate was great for such a high-end place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JFGainesville
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights as part of my husband's class reunion group. The hotel was full, and we did not get a room with two beds as I had originally requested at least six months ago. Our king bed room was on the end of the hall, and we did not hear any noise at all. The room was one where the bed is pointed at the window, so the flat screen tv was to the right side of the bed. Luckily we were not watching much tv on this trip or we would both have sore necks!
The shower had a nice big head and good pressure. The long granite sink counter had a rectangular sink right next to the right wall, which was a bit weird. The bed was a Serta, and very comfortable, with nice soft sheets. Most importantly, there is a thermostat on the wall and the air conditioning worked quietly and very well, even though it got to 105 on Saturday.
We went for a swim about 3 PM and there were no towels at all in the pool area. The one lifeguard went out and found us two bath mats. I think that a hotel this big should have more available towels for swimmers.
We ate the hotel food for the entire trip. It was ok, but the chef sure likes his cream sauces on everything. I am very lactose intolerant , so it was tricky for me to eat here.
The room was clean when we arrived. The third day we had to call Housekeeping as it was about 2:45 and we still had not had our room serviced. I told the nice housekeeper who came to just give me fresh towels and she also emptied my trash, as I wanted to take a nap.
I think the public areas of the hotel were beautiful, especially the little red aquarium room and the main restaurant. The pool and jacuzzi are very nice, but the pool edges are in need of some repainting or repair.
Overall we were pleased with our stay, but cancelled our last night because it was just too hot to do any sightseeing after the reunion, and we didn't want to stay another night in the small room.

Room Tip: We had room 956 at the end. It was VERY quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple