All reviewsthe concierge loungeoffice parkbusiness parkcorner roomevery hournice hotelfull service hotelparking garageweekend staybreakfast buffetfront desk staffgreat ratemini fridgemetro stationup to datebusiness travelking bed
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This hotel is a very nice property which while is is a few years old is well maintained. The rooms are very nice and comfortable and it has a good size pool to enjoy. The hotel is in a corporate park so you are stuck if you don't have a car but the restaurant in the hotel served decent food. If you do have a car other restaurants aren't that far away including at Tysons Corner which is a big shopping area with the traditional chain restaurants in the area. This hotel is a distance from downtown DC but I liked that as it gets you out of that DC city feeling. The hotel is surrounded by trees and is a nice area to walk in. I will definitely stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor so you get a view over the trees.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ricksreview
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2012

Thank you for your observations regarding your stay with us. Our location in a park-like setting and our pool are two good reasons why guests have a relaxing stay with us, and I'm happy to hear you'll be back to see us.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

this is absolutely a great place and super friendly staff.
only issues i had was the heat-just never got warm
and the internet, folks that still charge for that
i can't help but always feel a bit ripped off.
otherwise, nice place!

Room Tip: Nice place but a bit remote, nothing around for miles. But they have a bar and restaurant that offsets that.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

I appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and hotel. I am glad to hear that your stay went so well. However, I apologize for the concerns you had regarding the heat in your room. We will certainly address this immediately, and thank you for letting us know. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2012

This hotel came highly recommended from a friend who had stayed here prior for a conference. I had mentioned I was planning on doing some sight seeing in DC and he told me to stay here. The lobby is very large with plenty of room to relax after a long day of touring. The only gripe I had with this place was the front desk staff and shuttle service. They offer a free shuttle to the metro line so you don't have to worry about parking but it's a hassle to schedule it. We waited over an hour in the lobby for the "driver" to show up. He never did and a person behind the desk eventually took us. Getting back to the hotel was another obstacle. I cant' recall how often the shuttle was supposed to come around but we waited a good 45 mins before we called the hotel and asked to be picked up. I'd give this hotel a 5 if it wasn't for the poor shuttle service.

Aside from that, the rooms were flawless. You have to pay to use the wi-fi but the lobby area has it for free. I used the fitness center and jacuzzi. I did not eat at the restaurant but the lounge area is very nice and it overlooks the pool. I am a bit skeptical about booking another reservation here. I hope their shuttle service has improved since my last stay. Overall I was impressed by the hotel and will continue to stay with Marriott when I can.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sfmarine
Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in last fall (2011) for Washington DC trip.
This hotel is very clean and has nice staffs.
Good for DC access.
Parking is free!!
I think this hotel is the best choice for Washington DC trip plan.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BAMAPR
FVPM, General Manager at Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2012

Dear Theresa,
Thank you for your observations of our hotel. It is great to hear that you found our location to be so convenient to everything you needed while still providing a great value. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Great location, HUGE hotel, beautiful setting and very cozy rooms. Great all around especially for the price!! This will be the ONLY hotel we stay at when visiting our friends in that area. We were close to stores, very close to the interstate, it only took us 20 minutes to get into D.C. This is THE place to stay if you're going to this area to visit for a few days.

Room Tip: The websites offers you options for which type of rooms or which floors so there really aren't any tips.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends