Governor House Inn
Falls Church Marriott Fairview Park(Falls Church)(Great Value!)
$87
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 58% below average rates

The price you found is 58% lower than this hotel's average rate of $206/night.

$109
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $165/night.

$99
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

Comfort Inn Arlington Boulevard(Falls Church)(Great Value!)
$104
$99
ComfortInn
$89
$80
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$124
$94
  • Pool
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $138/night.

$135
$119
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$90
Falls Church Inn(Falls Church)
$107
Stratford Motor Lodge(Falls Church)
$79
All reviewsbaskin robbinsfree breakfastdc areadonutsfree shuttlean older hotelgreat place to staynational mallan upgradetwo double bedsclean roomsmini fridgeconvenient locationdefinitely stay here againdavewashingtonmetro
Reviewed October 31, 2013

1 hour after checking out and 50 miles away I realized that I had left my wallet in my room.
I called the hotel, spoke with the front desk. Within 5 minutes I received a return call notifying me that they had my wallet.
Over the next few days, while trying to arrange a fed-ex pickup I spoke to four different people.All of them were very courteous and knowledgeable of the situation. Not only did I get my wallet back (with a substantial amount of cash still in it) but i also received a follow up call from the GM to make sure everything was fine.
Luxury can be nice, but a courteous competent (and honest) staff trumps all!
(I was so impressed that I sent the front desk staff a box of chocolate)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Herb,
Thank you for staying with us and especially for taking the time to share your experience! I'm really pleased with how it all worked out, with the call coming in going into the weekend I believe it went through the entire team here - from housekeeper to the supervisor, then exec and then shift to shift with most of my desk team trying to time the pick up for it to be sent out. Everyone was worried by the amount and kept passing it one to one shift to shift personally. My call was more due to knowing half the team handled the wallet and to insure everything was correct. While we can not be responsible for items left behind it was a really good feeling to know the entire team gave the effort and honesty to take care of one of our Guests again. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here in early October, when family gathered for a funeral at Arlington. We booked 8 rooms and received a good rate. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the staff was very helpful with accomodating our group. The owner provided a space where we could all get together at the same time throughout our stay, and helped arrange an after funeral luncheon at the adjacent restaurant. We got to spend quality time with family that might have been difficult at any other hotel.Many of the family are planning to return to Washington next spring, when hopefully all the attractions will be open. Governor House Inn will be our first choice for accomodations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Laura,
It was an honor to host your family, having done my time as a paratrooper I find it rewarding to be able to assist my brother's and sisters families at times like this. Usually I get referred to and can do better with the advance planning, where as I believe your family reserved separately on their own vs. as a group referral. I was very pleased to have the opportunity to meet and assist everyone. To me everyone tied into Arlington is my family and I look forward to seeing everyone next spring. Thank you for taking the time to share here Ma'am - I sincerely Appreciate it.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

we booked on expedia, since this was close to our destination and rated well,
this is an older facility, and apparently under new management, and judging by the other rating posts, being updated,
we stayed one night, in the building next to the office by the pool.
room was a bit musty smelling, but that improved slightly when we turned on the HVAC.
mattresses slept well, but were old, the furniture was worn (top bubbling on a table, some of the other pieces were banged up). bathroom was antiquated, hard to locate light switch, cramped, and the shower was hard to turn the water on, cigarette (in a non smoking room) burn marks on the sink
I noticed the next morning there were dead beetles in the corner of the room, and the door knob was loose, (screws backed out of the unit). several lights where hard to turn on,
staff at check in was very nice, at checkout several staff members were at the desk and it took a minute to get their attention, (and not one of them moved away from desk when I checked out,,)

we will not be back

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Richard C

Richard,
I'm disappointed in the outcome of your visit and apologize that I didn't learn of the issues and personally do better by you on your stay. I have relayed the comments regarding your checkout experience to the staff as I think that is my largest disappointment in the review. Perhaps sometimes even we get to relaxed and I appreciate your reminding us of this. Service in conjunction with the value in terms of rate (Being an older country style Inn allows me to pass on considerable savings to our guests and friends) is what we strive to accomplish. But if we fail to provide that family style care at a great rate then I feel folks should indeed head to one of the fancy branded properties and pay an extra 50-100.00 per night where they are nothing but a rewards program number and stat. for some Corpity type company likely based far away vs. family. In your case I think your review is spot on in that we failed you - I hope you will reach out directly next trip our way and let me make amends Sir. Thank you again for sharing......the not so pleasant reviews help in several ways; first reminding us where we should have done better and simultaneously reminding others that despite the shuttle, the breakfast, business center etc. etc we are still a local 2 star simple country Inn from the 50's.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

NEW OWNERS!!!!

We stayed here in early October when a bunch of my family came to the area for my Grandfather's funeral at Arlington. The rooms are a little hodge podge BUT the new owners haven't even owned it a year and are working towards remodeling rooms. The rooms were CLEAN and the staff was so accommodating. The owner was front and center and very nice!! Every time we walked into the main lobby, we were greeted with a warm smile and a hello.

Rooms have fridges and microwaves. They have rooms with one king bed or 2 doubles. We had 4 people in our room with a king bed, 2 adults and 2 kids under three. We had plenty of room for everyone to sleep.

Location and parking are great. It is so easy to get to everything that the area has to offer from this hotel.

We will definitely be back!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kate F

Kate,
Sadly we handled an unusually large number of funerals this October and two were for gentlemen I personally knew. I can't tell you how much I appreciate being able to be of service for my fellow veterans Families and really appreciate your taking the time to share here. I also appreciate the very kind words regarding the Inn and the staff. I look forward to your return in the future, you are our extended family as far as were concerned. Thank you for the time taken to share the experience Ma'am.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We only stayed one night, but the experience could not have been better. The king size bed was wonderful, the room was very clean, the staff was very friendly and efficient, and Dave, the owner, could not have been more gracious. Would definitely stay there any time we're in the area. Thank you so much!! John and Suzette

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John R

John and Suzette,
Thank you for staying with us and sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share your experience!!!! I'm glad you found us and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Regards,