“Very comfortable stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Very comfortable stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We came for a 25 class reunion in Maryland. Located right on Rt 50 in Va, this was a great location for all of the folks we needed to see!
Great restaurant on premises where we ate just about every meal ( breakfast is better than IHOP across the street!!!! )
We arrived during a heat wave. A muggy heat wave! Cold room AC and a clean pool! We made use of the pool daily!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dogpatchcopilot
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for the great comments!
We sincerely appreciate all our guests that are taking the time to share their experiences and post as we have only our word of mouth to depend on vs. some brand.

We look forward to hosting your next trip east!

PS -thanks for adding the pool shots!
New white coating, deck, etc. etc- good to see so many enjoying it -makes the effort and cost so worth while!

Dave & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Morton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I felt that the staff and everyone was nice and friendly. Being out of the area they were able to help in getting directions and pointing out the attractios in the area. I feel that my stay was very good and was better then the big chain hotels. I would recommend anyone staying, and if you feel that something is not good or not happy about any service the management people really take your concerns in to mind and will solve and address the issues, not that I had any. I felt my stay there was very good experience. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dave C, Front Office Manager at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and especially for taking the time to share!
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stay away from this place!!! I'm serious!! Rooms smelled terrible, bathrooms were horrible. I'm very surprise how this hotel passed any kind of code inspection. Bus driver never showed up to pick up our group at the Metro station. Waited almost 2 hours and many calls later we decided to take taxis.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank HAYHA
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review!

With so many positive reviews I was actually beginning to worry that people may have the wrong impression of our Inn, so this is very useful to us, reminds us and lets everyone know while we try as hard as we can things do get missed sadly. Despite the rankings for service I was worried folks would mistake us for more than a 2 star Inn and book expecting one of the much bigger, fancier and more expensive branded property type rooms ranked beneath us. I never want to disappoint a guest and appreciate your sharing your issues.

As for the issues mentioned, they are simply not acceptable. While I will be taking the time to try and track the room down through out today please reach out to me so I can know which room you stayed in in case a different housekeeper has already cleaned the mildew before I find it. I also wish to know why my this wasn't personally brought to my attention to solve and find you a different room by my team. If you can give me a call I'd greatly appreciate it as it would assist to prevent this again.

The other concern is with us running shuttle service now from 5-9 evenings and 7-11 mornings and with it still being a new service only in place for less than 2 weeks I've been on site for every shift since it started seven days a week and seriously disappointed on how this could have occurred.

Again please reach out so I may make amends as we spend a considerable amount of time to insure satisfaction for our guests and am very disappointed in myself to have not learned of this during your stay.

Thank you again for sharing.
Butler, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My sisters and I take a sister trip each year. This year we decided to travel to Washington DC to see the site of our Nation's Capitol. So glad we stayed at this Hotel. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the hotel owner and staff were very friendly and knowledgeable of the area. The hotel location was perfect for my sister and I to enjoy the sites of the capitol and relax after a long day of site-seeing. In addition, the pool was an awesome place to cool off, laugh and enjoy the company of sisters. Dave and his staff added to our perfect family vacation, sharing ideas about the area (places to shop, eat, and things to see and do). My sisters and I plan to return to the DC area when the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom. We will definitely be staying at the Governor's House Inn when we return with our families. Thank you Dave for all you did to help make our trip special. I will recommend your hotel. See you in the Spring!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daphne2847
Daphne,
It was an extreme delight meeting you and your sisters! I truly enjoyed your taking the time to speak with me during my morning property rounds and finding guests utilizing the benches. I really wanted to feel like it was our front porch by adding those and meeting ya'll made my morning.

Thank you so much for also taking the time to review here -it means a lot to the staff and I to see the responses here, it makes the long days worth every minute!

We look forward to seeing your family again in the spring - or sooner if you get the chance.

Thank you!
Flint, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The owner, Dave and staff were excellent and very helpful. It made our vacation so much better because we stayed there. Booked one night but liked it so much we extended our stay for three more nights. Dave even told us other things to do and see on the way to our next destination. Everyone was so nice and attentive to our every need. We were treated like we were the most important people at the inn and their goal was for us to have a great time and they made it happen. I have never stayed anywhere where we were treated that way before.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DBO42207
Wow, thank you so much for allowing us to be of service during your trip and such a nice review for the team and I. We try so hard to make sure each guests feels this way, and dread missing someone these days with the sudden popularity of our Inn.

This review means a lot - to all of us, so glad we were able to make your trip out a success.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Guest friendly, budget friendly inn in Northern Virginia. Manager, Dave, goes out of his way to be personally helpful with his guests. Convenient location with East Falls Church metro station about 2 miles away. Maybe in the future, some sort of shuttle service to and fro from the station would surely boost this Inn's demand. Wouldn't mind paying a small fee for that so long as below a cab fare.
Would stay there again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for such a perfect description of our Inn that will help others in making a booking decision : "Guest friendly, budget friendly inn in Northern Virginia"

More importantly, Thank you for staying with us and especially taking the time to share your experience! I hope to see you again next trip down and having taken yours and many others advice we have launched limited shuttle service to the metro station in the mornings and evenings.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I wish to affirm all of the great ratings. This is an outstanding budget friendly inn. All of the staff are most concerned that guests have a good stay and go well beyond what anyone would expect. Dave, the manager, sets the pace and he is incredible. I have travelled many places across the world over the years and no one has been more concerned about our travelling welfare than he. He took us to the Metro and picked us up and gave us great help in planning our travel itinerary in Washington, DC. THe hotel is being modernized under his leadership and is most pleasant. The restaurant on site, Bentley's, has great food and service. We really had a wonderful stay. Thanks to all of the Governor House Inn staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dave C, Inn Keeper at Governor House Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
GH,
Thank you for taking the time to share and reaffirm the earlier posts! Also thank you for allowing us to host you on your recent trip and with the shuttle service being relatively new providing us with a live fire training opportunity!

We sincerely appreciate the kind words from so many recently and hopefully will see you again in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falls Church
Hyatt House Falls Church
Hyatt House Falls Church
#1 of 1 in Merrifield
4.5 of 5 stars 396 reviews

Been to Governor House Inn? Share your experiences!