“Don't stay here! It's gross!”

Budget Inn Falls Church
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Falls Church
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Bug in the bathroom, towels and sheets stained and it's expensive. When you close the door to the room, you can see the sunlight and the bottom of the door. Nice way for bugs to enter.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank RedSoxGirlVA

Reviewed June 18, 2010

By far the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. I slept on a towel...enough said.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank scaups
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Don't stay here. Bed bugs, peeling paint, dirty bathrooms, floor falling apart, old rusty vents, dirty carpets; door wouldn't lock. Management would not refund or pay for bed bug treatment to our home. Go to a Motel 6.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank rebeccab74
Reviewed July 7, 2009

Definetly good for a person on a budget that has to be in the area

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2008

This MOTEL not hotel was horrible. My husband and I usually travel economically smart so when booking this motel we thought we were getting a good deal. When we arrived in the town we felt we were in a seedy area. The room was even worse. There were spots on the carpet, chairs and walls. Who knows what was on the comforters and sheets. The fabric on the chairs was torn. The towel rack in the bathroom was broken off and the toilet seat was too small for the base. It reeked of smoke even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking room. The TV didn't work and there was no internet service on premise as advertised. Oh and the card didn't work on our door so we had to bring over the front desk clerk to open it with a master key. Clearly we decided not to stay the night. To make matters even worse when we indicated our unhappiness to the front desk clerk she said she can show us another room but cannot refund us. We looked at the other room and it was even worse. She refused to help us any further. Since she didn't speak much English we had no choice but to call the next day to speak to the manager. She said he'd be in then. We called and of course he wasn't there. We left a message, no call back. We called the next day and again he wasn't there and again left a message with no call back. For reasons I won't get in to we believe the manager was there and they lied to us.

I highly suggest you not stay at this motel. We were able to find a wonderful Marriot Residence a few towns away for the same price of $85.

I took pictures of this all and included them here with my review.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Kimokini
Reviewed April 22, 2007

Booked from an Exit Guide coupon for good rate. Needed a close location with internet and microfridge- that's about all we got. Front desk staff was always difficult to deal with, language and check in/out or payment issues. (We also got the non-smoking room next to the office.) Checked w/desk in early evening of 2nd night to be sure we could stay a 3rd night, told OK. After returning from dinner in late evening, went to desk to pay for next night (I'd be tied up all next day)- told by new desk staff that they had too many other reservations and we would need to be out by noon the next day, can't stay another day. "Sorry the other person didn't check out their answer before telling you OK." So, found another very near-by hotel and changed to there the very next day- much happier even w/less amenities.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 15, 2007

My husband and I booked this hotel for the week of April 10th thru the 15th 2007. $85.00 a night for a double full size room. First of all the room had no smoke detector in it. The wires for the detector were hanging out of the wall. We reported this problem to the girl in the office and asked if we could get a smoke detector in our room. The reply was," why do you need a smoke detector in your room if you are in a non smoking room?" We did report this problem to the Falls Church Fire Marshall. After no response from management about the detector, my husband and I went to Home Depot and bought our own smoke detector. The next issue was the dead cock roach that someone before us had smashed on the wall. The weather stripping on the bottom of our entrance door was partially torn away leaving a large open area where you could see through to the outside. The bathroom toilet had a 1950's pink tank and a sea foam green toilet, the seat cover was cracked and nasty. There was no keenex in the room, I had called the front desk and asked if we could get a box of kleenex, the girl at the desk seriously didn't know what keenex was. I had to explain to her in my total dis-belief what kleenex was! UNBELIEVABLE!!. By the way they do not supply kleenex in the room. I guess, bring your own or use toilet paper! The floor in our room sagged inward, the doors and walls in our room had bad plaster patches to cover up holes. My husband and I had spent two hours trying to find another hotel in the area,everything was booked.We had no choice but to stay in this hotel for the night. As far as I know the beds were clean, but who knows? At this point we had just traveled 750 miles and this was our only choice in town. In the morning we did call Hotels.com and reported the problems with this Budget Inn, Falls Church VA. They were very accommodating in canceling the remainder of our stay and refunded our money back. We paid for only the one night we stayed there. Avoid this place at all costs. terrible front desk service,with dirty rooms to boot!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple