“Great Food and Service”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Virginia
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Have gone to this establishment on several occasions now with my wife and we have always been more then satisfied. The food is always very tasty and the service is even better. The prices are very reasonable. I have seen some of the negative reviews that have been posted but based on my experience I have never been disappointed. They also run some Groupon deals which are great as well. If you are in the area and looking for some good food at a reasonable price I would recommend giving DAKS a try.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Hacker31

Quantico, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not "impressed or inspired" as their website suggests”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Their website claims to serve the finest food in town in a luxurious setting, but I can only agree with the latter. The menu on the website looked really appealing with a plethora of options to choose from. The prices were on par with what you would pay for at your local Olive Garden or TGIF so we decided to give them a try. I was celebrating a special occasion and I was really looking forward to a nice steak dinner and the touted ambience.

The 8oz Filet Mignon was ok, but certainly not anything special for the $23 price tag (I have had better for less). My wife's Chicken Marsala didn't really have a lot identifiable taste (Olive Garden's version has more flavor). When it came time for the dessert we were not impressed with the limited and basic selection. Also, I am not sure if our server was new, but she made a few basic mistakes that certainly did not help the whole experience.

Overall, if you are looking for a nice, quiet evening to impress a date, then this might be your place, but expect to fork over some coin. As for us, we left the restaurant expecting much more for the $50+ price tag. I learned my lesson. Next time, we will just forgo the ambience and find a nice chain restaurant where we know the food will be flavorful and the bill a little bit lighter.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Flash_gm
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Waste of money”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The steaks are clearly no higher than commercial grade, the special seasoning is below par. If the quality of food weren't bad enough, it is overpriced, leaving one disgruntled. Desserts are like Betty Crocker. This is so bad, we would suggest going hungry rather than dining there.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank 1LarryFox
Bradenton, Florida
“Service was unbelieveably poor”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Saturday night my wife and I went to use the Groupon Coupon we purchased for Daks. It was $50 for a $100 four course dinner. Some of the food was very good but the poor service totally ruined our dining experience. We were seated at 7:10 and at 7:25, I asked one of the servers where our server was. The server, I'll call her Surly, said we hadn't been waiting for 15 minutes and we had to wait for the Grooupon server. At 7:30, our server took our order including a bottle of wine. At 7:45, our server came back with our bottle of wine but she didn't know how to use the cork screw. We walked her through the procedure and she thanked us profusely. Our delicious shrimp cocktail arrived 7 minutes later followed by delicious French onion soup. At 8:10, we were half way through our soup when Surly brought us our entree. We told her we weren't ready for the entree but she said she couldn't take it back. I commented on the slow, poor service we had received and she said they were very busy on their patio that night. I asked what did that have to do with us but Surly just put down our plates and walked away. We asked for butter for our baked potato which had none but we never saw her again. The steak was cooked as ordered but it was cooked over an overly hot fire andthe excessive charring ruined the flavor of the meat. Finally our desserts arrived at 8:50. A nearby couple stopped by our table on the way out and said it took them an hour to get their entree and it was delivered cold. When they complained to Surly, she said they could keep their coupon to use another night. Like us, they said they would never come back. Our Groupon server was a very sweet young girl who apologized to us each time she came to the table but was obviously overwhelmed that night. Daks used to be a great restaurant but the new owners have taken it in the opposite direction.

• Visited September 2011
3 Thank kkbiker
United States
“Local hangout. Nothing...”
Reviewed December 20, 2007

Local hangout. Nothing special.

1 Thank rob22206