“Bad food and service”

Pistone's Italian Inn
Ranked #81 of 365 Restaurants in Falls Church
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Waldorf, Maryland
“Bad food and service”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went there because we had a gift certificate. The service was horrible I asked for no onions on my salad but still got onions. The steak I ordered wasn't barely cooked and was raw not medium as I asked for. In addition, the prices were very high. We will not go there again.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Chapman2003

Falls Church, Virginia
“Beyond and beneath any reasonable standard of "awful".”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We waited A GOOD HOUR for our meal to arrive. We actually saw other parties arrive well after our order was taken, and get their meals BEFORE ours arrived. One (smallish) bread basket was offered for a table of 10; more was requested but none was forthcoming. The pasta was probably made on site, but the tomatoes were straight out of a can (in an Italian restaurant? INEXCUSABLE).

We had to get up, confront the waiter, twice, before we got our bill. If I had had exact change, the tip would have been ZERO (in retrospect, I'm sorry I just didn't walk out, thirty minutes into this debacle). With so many excellent restaurants right there in Seven Corners, we haven't the foggiest just how this establishment remains in business.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Curtis M
Falls Church, VA
“Old Style Charm”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This place is great. The decor is very old style, but fun. The servers seem to have been there forever, but that means they can offer great dining advice, and they are always friendly and we always get great service. The chicken cannelloni is excellent, as is the gnocchi, and the fresh bread and olive tapenade is some of the best around.
For desert, the Tiramisu is the best I have ever had, and I've tried a few!
All around an excellent experience and one of our alltime favorites.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank lj202
NJ
“Great Family Friendly Italian Restaurant outside DC”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our daughter's family just moved back from Hawaii to Virginia. To celebrate we decided to return to Pistone's Italian Inn for a return trip to memory lane. It was great. They sat our entire family and gave quick and courteous service. I had the carbornada which came in a half size portion which was big enough for me. Others had spaghetti & meatballs, eggplant parm or sea food dishes. All was enjoyed so much we took nothing home.
Pistone's is decorated in a real traditional Italian Restaurant, right out of a Billy Joel song. It's menu is extensive and the food is not expensive. A good choice for any night out for a drink and dinner.

• Visited December 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“Average food, Nice servers”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Pistones has actually cleaned up a bit in the past few years. Oh sure, the decor still looks like something straight out of the 70's, but at least it is clean now. Gone is the huge salad bar - which is really a negative. It was at least inventive and fun! But I can understand how expensive it must have been to keep that huge bar of fresh food up when there never seem to be many customers in the place. We went for dinner tonight and quite literally were the ONLY people in the joint. My spaghetti with meatballs was fine, nothing to write home about. My husband had a chicken dish with proscutto and cheese in a marsala sauce - he liked it.
Our server was very attentive and nice.
All in all, Pistones is an average restaurant. Nothing special. Oh hey - they do have free parking! :)

• Visited December 2012